Decatur Memorial Hospital

Decatur Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Great place to start
Sports Performance and Enhancement Intern (Former Employee), Decatur IllinoisApril 15, 2015
I was only an intern for one summer during their sports performance and enhancement sessions. It was a pretty friendly work environment and it seemed like a good place to start ones career.
Good place to work, with friendly people and understanding management
Mobile Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed being on the road
Cons: long hours, cold in the winter
Mobile Unit Asst. day starts early around 5:AM. I drove a 32 foot bus for wellness checks. I did audios, blood draws, PFTS, FIT testing and vitals. Traveled all across the United States with this job.
Co-workers were very helpful and enjoyable to work with.
I traveled by myself last winter . When not on a site visit I worked in the clinic doing drug testing, BAT and physicals.
An excellent place to work
RN (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: team focused, $1, 000 annual healthcare spending allowance for family
Cons: $5, 000 deductible for health insurance
Fast paced environment. Learned new information daily. Compassionate management team. Coworkers had a "team" mindset, always looking out for one another. The hardest part of the job was growing so attached to the terminal patients and being present for them and their families during their transitions into death. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding with the patients, helping them to understand their disease processes and guiding them towards the most optimum outcome.
IT WAS UNDER APPRESIATED
Generalist rotating between departments (Former Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 21, 2014
IT WAS LONG WITH SHORT OF STAFF EVERYDAY. I LEARNED ALOT BUT IT WAS SOMETHING I DESERVE IT. THEY HAD A VERY GOOD MANAGEMENT BUT WORKERS WAS SLAPPY. AS I SAID THE WORST DAY AND THE MOST UNDER APPRESIATED DAY WAS THE DAY WARK IN THE CHEMISTERY DEPARTMENT AND ALL THE WORKERS SIT THEIR AND LOUGH AT ME. THE MOST ENJOYABLE DAY WAS THE DAY I AM THE HELPER AND HELPING.
They offer outstanding services, however working there is not the best nor most exciting place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: if your child is sick they offer a room for them so you can still work.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I cleaned daily patient rooms, check outs, and utility rooms. I worked in every area possible including surgical areas.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, IlJuly 15, 2014
The multiphone line would start ringing at 8:30am and not stop until 4pm. The customers were nice and polite and I loved talking to them. The doctors knew nothing about me because they never talked to me. The boss didn't know how to be a boss except for when she was writing people up for doing something wrong. The hardest part of the job was trying to get answers for the patients. The most enjoyable part was all of my coworkers and their antics.
Great Hospital
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 9, 2014
Great hospital with great team, Outpatient, inpatient, hand clinic all with great experiences
Productive workplace with great teamwork and a wonderful fundemental foundation for nursing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJune 30, 2014
Nursing is a different experience everyday. At DMH you are taught to take care of your patients without bias. The employes have excellent customer service. I leave my job everyday knowing the nursing team and myself excelled in patient care.
Great place to learn and sharpen my skills
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: great learning enviroment
Cons: low pay and false evaluations
I enjoyed my working here because of the training I received and I was able to grow and use my leadership skills to exceed, however it was a challenge to work for such low pay and moral of the employees and the community makes it a difficult place to work.
Fun place to work have made a lot of friends
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 27, 2014
Worked at DMH for 14 years it's been a great learning experience. Most people are friendly and happy to help you in anyway.
Great doctor willing to teach
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, IllinoisMarch 4, 2014
Pros: made everlasting friends, great benifits
Cons: management
I learned a lot from the doctor at the clinic I worked at. He was super friendly and willing to answer my questions and teach me. Employees were good to work with for the most part. Management was not helpful and often didn't help a situation.
I have gained additional on the job training .
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: steady work schedule
DMH is a great organization. DMH also offers fun and new learnig oppertunities.
I loved my job. Just hard to work with management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: working holidays and weekends. insurance benefits were not good.
I typed operative notes mostly. Acute care and some radiology. I learned how to listen and type and understand ethnic speaking doctors. Management was hard to work with on this job very demanding. Loved my coworkers. They kept raising the amount of work to be procedure each day which was compromising the accuracy of the the documents. I loved all the knowledge that was involved with this job, new treatments, new medications and new procedures, very interesting.
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: the girls i got to work with and the nice thankful patients
Cons: almost everything
I liked working here because I like helping people. But working here is almost a joke. Management has their faves, pay not that great, benefits HA! a joke... I loved my girls I worked with. The best part was having a patient come to you and tell you how thankful they are for everything you have done for them. It really makes it all worth while :)
Only worked for a short time, but good stable employment
LPN (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 24, 2013
Only worked for a short time, but good stable employment. Night shift was very quiet and slow paced
Friendly environment
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Management listens to you, co-workers and seniors are friendly.
good place to get alot of experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 29, 2013
Pros: can get alot of experience
Cons: health insurance
Decatur Memorial is a high volume hospital. Co-workers are
always helpful. I learned to work independently while on nights.
Learned to do mammography and bone density.
RRT
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 23, 2013
Good use of education but not enough opportunity for advancement.
ENTA has become more like home than a job
LPN (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 31, 2013
Pros: catered lunch; great work environment
Cons: pay rate
Great place to work, I have been able to learn many skills to help my experience level and to encourage me to continue my education. Great environment for a novice fresh from school.
excellent imaging department which is progressive and well run
Student Radiographer (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 9, 2013
well trained technicians and pleasantly diversified staff. This experience was a student clinical, Unpaid, mandatory for program,awesome!