Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great place to be
RN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 21, 2016
DMH is a great place to work. It offers a friendly work environment. Management works hard to see that the staff's needs are met. Benefits are fair and adequate. Pay is reasonable.
Pros
great people
Cons
short staffed
Excellent hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 15, 2016
This is an excellent hospital with first-rate patient care, education, and community involvement. Management involvement and support are mostly positive. Ideas are welcomed.
Pros
education opportunities, excellent patient care
Cons
fluctuations in staff
An okay place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 26, 2016
My coworkers were great to get along with. The problem was that cna's were given way to many patients to take care of 30 or more. One person cannot give quality care to that many patients.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
given too many patients
I was employed at DMH for 19 years, and enjoyed my work experience.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I started as an Office Assistant in 1997, and then filled several positions as a Case Manager, Wellness Coordinator, and CMA. They accommodated my schedule, and I was allowed to attend MA school while employed, as well as take some nursing classes.
A typical days work as a MA at DMH Express Care consisted of greeting patients, taking vitals, triaging, entering information into computer, administering medications, POCT, making referrals, and discharging.
Pros
12 hour days allowed days off during the week.
Cons
Not being able to take breaks or lunches on busy days.
Productive and rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 23, 2016
The typical day at work would be a learning experience when it comes to being introduced to working hospital security on a professional level. I learned how to be more punctual when it comes to observing, report writing on incidents, and safety issues that effect hospital security as a whole. The management team was consistent. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that this was the first security officer job that prepared me for what I am a professional in today. Not only this is my hometown of Decatur, Illinois, but working at Decatur Memorial Hospital gave me a sense of pride and respect as a person and an officer of the field of security, correction, and law enforcement as awhole.
Pros
Prepare me to be the professional that I am today
Cons
N/A
Great small town feel in a major medical center
Interim Executive Director and Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 4, 2016
This hospital is the most welcoming and supportive I have ever worked for. A rare level of interdepartmental support and sense of common goals and team work.
I worked very hard for this company almost non stop on the road for nine months and its really sad what they did
Mobile Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I was hired on here on Dec. 1, 2014 And on Jan. 05, 2015 took off on the road for training as a Mobile Unit Assistant on there occupational health part of the business for what would be almost a non-stop trip states not in order:
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska. Some states returned back to multiple times. In September two days before I was suppose to leave on my scheduled week vacation (ETO TIME) my mom called and said my dad had a heart attack so I left for Oklahoma. During the same week on that Friday of my vacation my Dad passed away. The next day my boss calls says I leave Tuesday for Nebraska. I Drive all the way back to Illinois and then leave for Nebraska
got back around 7:30 pm on Friday Sept. 18. the following morning i get a call i leave in the morning for st louis... no i'm not going. I'm stressed and exhausted and got me
A position i resigned from . I was told by someone who hired me she was going to find me another position here even asked if i preferred days and she would call..........................................didn't happen at the end of Oct. i got a letter from the insurance that was made out on OCT. 16 that my insurance was cancelled because of termination on OCT 1.
too many things to list that i have say because this wasn't the only things
policies? procedures?Guidlines?
I made this a very short version of everything while i worked there
Pros
i liked travel and seeing new people around the united states
Cons
theres really no breaktime for anything
Great Learning Opportunities
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 21, 2015
A great place to work and grow as a professional. Several training programs housed within the hospital including a nurse anesthesia training program which awards a DNP upon completion.
good company to work for
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 6, 2015
Stressful at times due to senior management. Good fellow employees. Many long term employees. Good benefits. Pay raises are pay for performance.
Pros
nice cafe for lunch, breaks
Administrative Analyst
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 5, 2015
Data entry, internal audits, reporting to health department and etc. I absolutely loved my job, great staff and team work. Many changes were being made at the hospital and after fifteen years time to move forward.
Productive and friendly environment.
Computer Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 26, 2015
The staff were very helpful and insightful. Never had any personal issues with anyone on the staff. The IT team worked really well together to achieve goals and complete tasks in a timely manner.
A good environment to learn new things every dy.
Post Anesthesia Care Unit and Same day surgery RN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 19, 2015
Had great co-workers made the days not seem so long. Being able to pre op and post op the patients and see them go home rewarding. At times very hard to take when patients did not make it through surgery. Saw many surgeries and learned how to take care very different patients.
Pros
Good benefits good pay.
Cons
Long hours and being on call
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 20, 2015
The surgery dept. was short staffed therefore we were required to work longer hours than scheduled many times a week and had to take more hours of in house and out of house call per week.
Great group of people to work with
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Approachable and understanding in personal situations. Would recommend working at this establishment. Directors are willing to pitch in and work with you.
Pros
Discounts in the cafe and gift shop.
Good place to Volunteer.
Volunteer. (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 10, 2015
I cleaned the therapy room.
Cleaned the speech room.
Went on all of the floors to serve water, flowers, and mail.
Spending your time with the patients.
Sitting behind the front desk to give out room tags.
Pros
Helping the patients and giving them flowers or mail.
Cons
Leaving it.
Great Team/Poor support from administration
Inpatient Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 2, 2015
DMH was a wonderful place to begin my schooling with supportive co-workers/good team-work.

Hospital Administration placed hospital on hiring freeze which allowed no room for advancement.
I enjoyed my job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 10, 2015
I left the position due to being offered a position to work contractual with the state of Illinois. The cost of their health insurance has gone up extremely since working for them at this time in my life and the coverage has dropped. Otherwise it was a great place to work.
first Nursing Job
REGISTERED NURSE/Clinical Lead (Current Employee) –  Arthur, ILJuly 22, 2015
Very poor communication from administration. No support for growth in career/ experience.
Compensation: well under average for the state.
Unconfortable working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 13, 2015
Inconsistent and erratic management. Training is minimal and it is a learn on the fly environment.
Got along well with most coworkers.
Enjoyed interacting with patients and staff.
Great place to start
Sports Performance and Enhancement Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur IllinoisApril 15, 2015
I was only an intern for one summer during their sports performance and enhancement sessions. It was a pretty friendly work environment and it seemed like a good place to start ones career.

Decatur Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location