Decatur Memorial Hospital

Decatur Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

I HAVE ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE PEOPLE AT DMH AND FOR DMH.
MEDICAL LABORATORY (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: always a need a for good healthcare workers
Cons: healthcare has changed.the need for job security is a must.
I LOVE MY JOB IN MY AREA. I DO NOT HAVE DMH INSURANCE SO I CAN NOT COMMENT A LOT ABOUT THAT.DMH IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK OVERALL.I JUST NEED TO DO BETTER.
Enjoyable environment to work in. Don't mind getting up and going to work in the morning.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 18, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: not so great discounts on meals
I like my job because I stay busy all the time, and have very good people to work with. I am currently working the cold table most of the time, which I really enjoy because I enjoy actually making the dishes we serve on cold table. The hardest part of the job is getting everything done in a day that I need to do. Very busy job, which I like.
safe and clean workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 14, 2012
Pros: good benefits, healthcare, 401k
Everyday working at DMH i got to witness something different and i worked in the Emergency room area.i learned more about the body and better ways to take care of my health my supervisor was flexing and fair.
A good place to work.
ER Receptionist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: working nights was not easy
A good overall experience working at DMH. Great people to work with and great care for their patients.
A very friendly, family oriented work environment.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 17, 2012
The atmosphere at Decatur Memorial Hospital really feels like being a part of a large family. They provide a lot of activities for their employees within the hospital as well as in the community.
STAY AWAY!!!!
Former RN (Former Employee), DecaturSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: too many!
Hiring freezes....unaffordable benefits....nursing staffing levels short on most halls....outrageous salaries by administration. DMH is not worth your time or your talent.
A wonderful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 28, 2012
Pros: salary, bonuses, hour lunch
Working in Family Practice in Decatur was very rewarding and educational. I was able to complete my Medical Assisting certificate and work full time. There wages were competitive and they give bonuses when deserved.
No Thanks
former Allied Health Professional (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 21, 2012
Pros: free lunches from drug reps which i think is illegal
Cons: too many to list
Staff is overworked and underpaid. High stress environment, and management is not qualified and completey unprofessional.
Busy, challenging environment
ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 25, 2012
Pros: friendly, helpful coworkers, good pay and benefits
Cons: tensions between fiscal issues, employee well-being and patient care
A typical day is extremely busy from punch-in to punch-out. The work is challenging but with severe understaffing, it is nearly impossible to complete it in a timely manner. Patient care frequently suffers. The staff is very friendly and help each other. Management is preoccupied with the bottom line such that they often lose contact with employees – more... and lose focus on patient care. – less
DMH
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 20, 2012
Pros: good food in the cafeteria
Cons: no consistency in work load
no consistency in work load
flexible shifts
2 separate nuc departments
Stay away
Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 11, 2012
Pros: compensation ok, staff very competent
Cons: supervisor unqualified for position
The area in which I worked had a high turnover of staff due to several reasons:
Micromanaging, employees on an extremely short leash with security cams in work areas, harassing emails by supervisors. Very pressure-packed work environment. Without question the worst employer I have ever had working in medicine. Compensation was ok but the financial status – more... of DMH is and has been so shaky that unless you are a nurse or manager forget about even having a cost of living adjustment, errr merit increase. – less
Laboratory testing
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 1, 2012
Pros: good learning experience.
Cons: working different shifts.
Busy hospital laboratory.
Co-workers good.
Did routine and special laboratory tests.
No difficulties.
Fast paced and time goes fast
Hostess (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMay 6, 2012
I enjoy most of my job. Each day I go in I know exactly what to do and when to do it. Management is very difficult to grasp onto since you don't always work with the same one. Flopping back and forth between managers with their different techniques is challenging. Coworkers there are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Contest monthly achiever, baking competition, ice cream social, golf tournament
Supervisor, Admission Department (Former Employee), Decatur, GADecember 19, 2011
Pros: excellent staff, teamwork, dedication, acknowledge improvement, rating from joint commission no#1
Cons: position changed to 24 hour on call supervisor
Decatur Hospital is a long-term acute care facility where patient is on ventilator, oxygen, and life support. When families come in to sign consents and patient rights it is my job to create the atmospere of the hospital. It truly was an awesom experience per Joint Commisson we came out no#1 in the hospital.