Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to start
Sports Performance and Enhancement Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur IllinoisApril 15, 2015
I was only an intern for one summer during their sports performance and enhancement sessions. It was a pretty friendly work environment and it seemed like a good place to start ones career.
Great doctor willing to teach
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IllinoisMarch 4, 2014
I learned a lot from the doctor at the clinic I worked at. He was super friendly and willing to answer my questions and teach me. Employees were good to work with for the most part. Management was not helpful and often didn't help a situation.
Pros
made everlasting friends, great benifits
Cons
management
It was under appresiated
Generalist rotating between departments (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 21, 2014
It was long with short of staff everyday. I learned alot but it was something I deserve it. They had a very good management but workers was slappy. As I said the worst day and the most under appresiated day was the day wark in the chemistery department and all the workers sit their and lough at me. The most enjoyable day was the day I am the helper and helping.
Stay away
Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 11, 2012
The area in which I worked had a high turnover of staff due to several reasons:
Micromanaging, employees on an extremely short leash with security cams in work areas, harassing emails by supervisors. Very pressure-packed work environment. Without question the worst employer I have ever had working in medicine. Compensation was ok but the financial status of DMH is and has been so shaky that unless you are a nurse or manager forget about even having a cost of living adjustment, errr merit increase.
Pros
compensation ok, staff very competent
Cons
supervisor unqualified for position
A wonderful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 28, 2012
Working in Family Practice in Decatur was very rewarding and educational. I was able to complete my Medical Assisting certificate and work full time. There wages were competitive and they give bonuses when deserved.
Pros
salary, bonuses, hour lunch
An organized moderately paced job
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 26, 2013
Upon arrival at the cafeteria I would check in with my supervisor to let her know I was now on my shift afterwards I would put on a disposable gown as well as gloves for clearing off food trays. I learned how to maintain, operate, clean, and break down large machine dish washers. My management was organized and connected with his employees and made sure any requests were attended to. My co-workers enjoyed their jobs and worked hard to maintain or exceed expectations and performance. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fast paced times like lunch and dinner and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the machines.
They offer outstanding services, however working there is not the best nor most exciting place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I cleaned daily patient rooms, check outs, and utility rooms. I worked in every area possible including surgical areas.
Pros
if your child is sick they offer a room for them so you can still work.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Fast paced and time goes fast
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 6, 2012
I enjoy most of my job. Each day I go in I know exactly what to do and when to do it. Management is very difficult to grasp onto since you don't always work with the same one. Flopping back and forth between managers with their different techniques is challenging. Coworkers there are very friendly and easy to get along with.
I have enjoyed working with the people at dmh and for dmh.
MEDICAL LABORATORY (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2013
I love my job in my area. I do not have dmh insurance so I can not comment a lot about that.Dmh is a good place to work overall.I just need to do better.
Pros
always a need a for good healthcare workers
Cons
healthcare has changed.the need for job security is a must.
safe and clean workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 14, 2012
Everyday working at DMH i got to witness something different and i worked in the Emergency room area.i learned more about the body and better ways to take care of my health my supervisor was flexing and fair.
Pros
good benefits, healthcare, 401k
No Thanks
former Allied Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 21, 2012
Staff is overworked and underpaid. High stress environment, and management is not qualified and completey unprofessional.
Pros
free lunches from drug reps which i think is illegal
Cons
too many to list
Stay away!!!!
Former RN (Former Employee) –  DecaturSeptember 16, 2012
Hiring freezes....unaffordable benefits....nursing staffing levels short on most halls....outrageous salaries by administration. DMH is not worth your time or your talent.
Pros
none.
Cons
too many!
Not much of a good job, terrible pay, benefits are not good for being a hospital
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 10, 2013
The schedule was good plenty of time off but not enough money to enjoy your time off.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
pay, benefits, supervisor
Rrt
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 23, 2013
Good use of education but not enough opportunity for advancement.
Friendly environment
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Management listens to you, co-workers and seniors are friendly.
Most of the Employees are very helpful and good to work with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  ILJune 9, 2013
Very busy and not enough help to make things run smoother. Most of the co-workers are great to work with. Supervisor is not a nice person. She is one moment nice and then the next she's off on a rampage. The hardest part is weekends not enough help and your lucky if you get your breaks. I like to work with the patients and most of my co-worker's.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
most of the time i didn't get my breaks. or not enough help on the floor to get the job done.
Contest monthly achiever, baking competition, ice cream social, golf tournament
Supervisor, Admission Department (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 19, 2011
Decatur Hospital is a long-term acute care facility where patient is on ventilator, oxygen, and life support. When families come in to sign consents and patient rights it is my job to create the atmospere of the hospital. It truly was an awesom experience per Joint Commisson we came out no#1 in the hospital.
Pros
excellent staff, teamwork, dedication, acknowledge improvement, rating from joint commission no#1
Cons
position changed to 24 hour on call supervisor
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IlJuly 15, 2014
The multiphone line would start ringing at 8:30am and not stop until 4pm. The customers were nice and polite and I loved talking to them. The doctors knew nothing about me because they never talked to me. The boss didn't know how to be a boss except for when she was writing people up for doing something wrong. The hardest part of the job was trying to get answers for the patients. The most enjoyable part was all of my coworkers and their antics.
Fun and hardworking place
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 24, 2013
My job is an one of of a kind the people their our fun and full of enegry and hard work.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
only part time
Run away as fast as you can!
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  FacilitiesJune 10, 2013
Not worth the double standards and corruption! Management is clueless.
Cons
where do i start?