Decatur Public Schools Employee Review

View all Decatur Public Schools reviews

Great place for learning and fun!
Special Ed. Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 29, 2012
A typical day at work could range from very hectic, to very mundane. While working, I learned the importance of patience as well as teamwork. Management and supervision are great, and are very helpful. My co-workers were the best. You could compare them to family. The hardest part of the job, is dealing with different personalities and people on an everyday basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and go different places.
Pros
hours
Cons
turnover rate

Other Decatur Public Schools Employee Reviews

School District
BOOKKEEPER/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Decatur, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Did not have a balance of duties, was spread between two different job descriptions which made it too stressful. I worked half the day as secretary which was boring for me, and then expected to get a full day's work done in the other half of the day as the bookkeeper.
Pros
School District
Cons
No balance of duties
excellent place for professionals who want to give back
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 20, 2017
Decatur Public schools is bar none the best place to work in Decatur Illinois. While pay may be less than ADM and other factories, ( I stress may), It is more than made up for with student loan debt forgiveness an excellent work day, and 3 months off every summer.
Pros
pay and schedule