Decatur Public Schools Employee Review

View all Decatur Public Schools reviews

Educationally Progressive
Dropout Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 1, 2013
My daily operation include monitoring and evaluation attendance and credits of students in the school buildlings. As a truancy preventionist my duties include home visits, daily phone calls, intervention plans, student and family consultations, development of remediation plans, collaboration with community collaboration partners, collaboration with educational administration to ensure the needs of the students are being met to decrease truancy. Also, it is my responsibilty to create programs that address the social emotional needs of the students. I have created two programs for the Decatur Public School "New Direction" and "Eagle Wings Educational Success Program". These programs addressed the social needs such as conflict resolution, self-awareness, and awareness of environment. I also serve a committee member of 3 teams responsible for the creation of programs conducive to student achievement.

Other Decatur Public Schools Employee Reviews

School District
BOOKKEEPER/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Decatur, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Did not have a balance of duties, was spread between two different job descriptions which made it too stressful. I worked half the day as secretary which was boring for me, and then expected to get a full day's work done in the other half of the day as the bookkeeper.
Pros
School District
Cons
No balance of duties
excellent place for professionals who want to give back
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 20, 2017
Decatur Public schools is bar none the best place to work in Decatur Illinois. While pay may be less than ADM and other factories, ( I stress may), It is more than made up for with student loan debt forgiveness an excellent work day, and 3 months off every summer.
Pros
pay and schedule
Cons