Dechert LLP Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace with very congenial attorney
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia-Cira CenterJune 26, 2015
Loved working there while Vioxx was going strong; hierarchy of attorneys is different from other firms; very flexible; they allow you to have a great family/work balance.
Pros
Watching March Madness in the cafeteria, etc.
Cons
Massive layoffs and now it is harder to get back i.
Terrible terrible place to work.
IT Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2015
They terminate great employees so that they may hire their friends which is kind of funny since you would think that a lawfirm would not allow NEPOTISM but they allowed the new Supervisor to hire his friend even though they had a perfectly good worker there whom they promised to hire and instead they let her go. Very unprofessional. They sit around talking about football, video games and past employers while user issues go unsolved for weeks and months so much so that when they finally call the user, the person is no longer in need of help. The departments do not work well together. There is no team feel.
Pros
Friday free snacks
Cons
Unprofessional management and staff.
Super place to work
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2015
This is a great place to work. Environment is fast paced so the day goes quick. People are very nice. Co-workers are great - everyone has good work ethic for the most part. Hardest part of the job is meeting critical rush deadlines. To be honest -- Dechert was a great place to work. I have no complaints.
Pros
Nice building, great people
Cons
no real problems to speak of
They do not care about their employees
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 22, 2015
You will be just a number to them. They lay off whole departments all at once. If they no longer need you or can find someone cheaper they will discard you like trash. They once laid off an attorney on maternity leave, heartless! That place is a revolving door, go work somewhere else.
Pros
Good benefits, pension, etc.
Cons
No one cares over there!
Helpdesk at Global law firm
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2015
There was a cleft between a large contract work force and a small in house full-time IT staff; though I have heard this has vastly improved since I left. Very nice people overall and a great cafeteria on the 36th floor.
Fast Paced environment
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Working at Dechert LLP was both professionally and personally rewarding. I made many contacts that I keep in touch with. Our work was faced paced and required us to put in long hours during the week and sometimes on weekends. The jovial atmosphere made those days easiest.
Very intense high growth culture
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
This was by far the most challenging time of my career. I helped take them from a large regional firm to one of the most profitable big firms in the world.
Average place to work - you get no feedback whatsoever
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2013
Really want to find a workplace that I can use my skills in research and also in events to better assist my position
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
would like to know how my work is and if i'm doing a good job or not
Great Work Place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2013
Dechert Law Firm was a very employee friendly organization. They did so much for the employees and moral constantly.

Work was hectic however, employees worked as a team and offered to help when the need presented itself. When the organization decided to convert to a new software they took every measure to ensure a smooth transition with months of training and support. Once the software was implemented work had to be converted (entered) and this required lots of overtime. Dechert made certain that breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks were catered to the department and we were all provided either taxis service home or, parking reimbursements. Year-end was never chaotic.

Our department was huge at voicing our concerns and the supervisors actually listened. We had regular schedualed meetings to brainstorm ways to help the work flow. I learned and took so much away from this organization that my work ethic today is modeled after what they taught me.

The most upsetting part Dechert was there lack of educational support. It was the only reason for my departure.
Pros
free lunches, free holiday parties, discounts for various big name companies, summer bbq's, breakfast for admin day served by the partners of the law firm, christmas bonuses, 4 week vacation, and more
Cons
lack of educational support
Professional environment
ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR, Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 23, 2013
Excellent company with friendly staff very professional.
Well-regarded firm in the legal world.
U.S. Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
Very smart attorneys offered satisfying professional opportunities to provide support.
Pros
smart attotneys
Cons
unreliable cmo
Terrible firm
Records Clerk/Case Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 2, 2012
layoffs take place all the time and the management in Philly based
No chance for advancement
Finance Dept (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2012
Hard work is not appreciated at this company. There is no growth within and managment is extremely biased when compensating.
Cons
bad managment, no opportunity for growth, bad healthcare, no employee morale, nothing to look forward to