Dechert LLP

Dechert LLP Employer Reviews

Great Work Place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free holiday parties, discounts for various big name companies, summer bbq's, breakfast for admin day served by the partners of the law firm, christmas bonuses, 4 week vacation, and more
Cons: lack of educational support
Dechert Law Firm was a very employee friendly organization. They did so much for the employees and moral constantly.

Work was hectic however, employees worked as a team and offered to help when the need presented itself. When the organization decided to convert to a new software they took every measure to ensure a smooth transition with months of training – more... and support. Once the software was implemented work had to be converted (entered) and this required lots of overtime. Dechert made certain that breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks were catered to the department and we were all provided either taxis service home or, parking reimbursements. Year-end was never chaotic.

Our department was huge at voicing our concerns and the supervisors actually listened. We had regular schedualed meetings to brainstorm ways to help the work flow. I learned and took so much away from this organization that my work ethic today is modeled after what they taught me.

The most upsetting part Dechert was there lack of educational support. It was the only reason for my departure. – less
Professional environment
ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR, Finance Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 23, 2013
Excellent company with friendly staff very professional.
Well-regarded firm in the legal world.
U.S. Public Relations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: smart attotneys
Cons: unreliable cmo
Very smart attorneys offered satisfying professional opportunities to provide support.
Terrible firm
Records Clerk/Case Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 2, 2012
layoffs take place all the time and the management in Philly based
No chance for advancement
Finance Dept (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2012
Cons: bad managment, no opportunity for growth, bad healthcare, no employee morale, nothing to look forward to
Hard work is not appreciated at this company. There is no growth within and managment is extremely biased when compensating.
Search for data and analysis of information, drafting
Paralegal (Current Employee), LondonNovember 29, 2012
A typical day would include search for some data on one of the platforms; in the internet and through documents review; contracts and invoices analysis; research re property in Asia and Africa; company searches in various jurisdictions; producing memos; translating; proofreading documents in Russian and English.
The most enjoyable part of the job is – more... when various pieces of information from different sources start to come together and you start to understand the whole picture. – less

About Dechert LLP

Dechert LLP is a leading international law firm with 25 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded – Read more