Deckers Outdoor Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly, fun and clean work place. Big work environmet, and always new experiences and enjoyable new people I meet everyday.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 23, 2015
Great people and work environmenet. The best part of a typical work day is being around my colleagues who are very supportive and make a great team to work with. I really enjoy where I work and what I do.
Bad Management and low pay
UGG AUSTRALIA GLOBAL BRAND MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 16, 2015
Low pay
Unorganized management with no leadership
a lot of blame throwing
great lower level staff
over worked
no room for advancement unless you are friends with the right people
Good Place to work for the Holidays.
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Union SquareAugust 25, 2015
After the Holiday Season, there is basically no need for you. If you are not able to work on call, then no need to work at all. Management, only promotes who they like, not who is qualified. When it's not Holiday season you may only get scheduled like 4 hours a week. The only good thing is the discount, that's if you like UGGS.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bias Managment
Productive and fun place to work
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAOctober 13, 2014
Best company I have ever worked for.
Was able to move up from a temp to an Administrator.
Management is excellent, was able to learn a lot and I felt my ideas were taken into consideration.
Great benefits and perks as well.
deckers
Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 9, 2014
This job had very long hours. Some days working up to 15 hours a day and it was very common for them not to tell you the schedule until the end of the shift.
Great Job
Customer Service/ Sales associate High End Store (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2014
was only employed seasonal but this was a great job with good pay
Pros
scheduling
Cons
seasonal
If you're a temp it's really unstable
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 3, 2013
I worked two seasons at Deckers Outdoor as a customer service rep. It had a lot of pros, good pay, support from management, overall nice people. But overall there was a lot of instability, and frequent policy/procedure changes that made the job really difficult to put up with. Corporate made so many policy changes that even our top call center supervisors were not always aware of them!
Pros
good pay, lots of hours during peak season, moderate flexibility
Cons
not a lot of room to move up if you're a seasonal/temp
Casual
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 29, 2013
I have never gotten to work in pajamas before! The work is challenging, but the environment is very relaxed.
fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
when summer comes your hours get cut however the holidays are a great way to make extra cash and overtime
A day at Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Finance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CANovember 5, 2012
Deckers will be one a of top companies to work for in about 5-7 years after all the growing pains. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked at Deckers and grateful for the exposure and experience. I have met and maintain awesome friendships with the many wonderful people Deckers employs.
Great culture, very positive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 7, 2012
I only worked as a temp, as it was seasonal. The only thing I didn't like would be sitting all day at a very small cubicle. Other wise the work was fine, and the people were great, plus you get shoe discounts, which doesn't hurt!
Pros
starbucks coffee machine(free), great people, fun work
Cons
seasonal, sitting all day, monotonous work
Customer Service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 20, 2012
Days were pretty typical beginning with morning paper-work, opening the store, servicing customers, handling sales transactions. The staff was friendly, and informed about the products. The most difficult part of the job was during peak season (holiday shopping) as it put a strain on staffing needs, and hourly schedules. The most enjoyable parts of the job was the pay and the different customers interactions.
Pros
clean, close knit company with great pay.
Cons
small company that focuses on upper management, no real opportunity for advancement, very slow business except during holidays.
Great place to work, no job security/advancement if you are a temp though
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 17, 2012
I worked at the Flagstaff Call Center, which is a highly seasonal employment area, so there just is not a lot of room for advancement from within the call center at the Flagstaff Office. They're also going through a lot of changes in software and web systems, so we were almost on a weekly basis having to adjust or completely change job functions. They're also getting a lot more bureaucratic in management style.
Pros
general friendliness, good pay
Cons
little room to advance, typical management politics.