DECO Recovery Management Employee Reviews

DECO Review
Disability Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Landover NDFebruary 2, 2018
Was excited to start in the begining but as I learned this was not a "family driven " or even care about tyour workers type of company only the numbers.
Pros
Location and hours
Great Company!!!
Operations (Current Employee) –  CorporateDecember 23, 2017
Great place to work! It feels great to work for a company that is a leader in revenue cycle management services. This service not only brings great value to hospitals but also to patients that need support. The company is well managed and highly values the work of its employees. Management has an open door policy (highly collaborative) and welcomes ideas across the company from employees to ensure it maintains its leader status. I'm very proud to work here.
Chaotic mess
Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 22, 2017
Some very nice people work here but very, very, very unprofessional overall. Chaotic environment. No support staff. Do not care about people they represent and poor reputation with a major federal agency. Loads of complaints against this company. Indifferent and extremely poor management.
Pros
Some, but not all, conscientious employees
Cons
Balanced environment where you could put your knowledge and skills to use.
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Deco recovery management. It was a balanced environment where I was able to come to work and do whatever was required of me. I was able to do my job efficientally and in a reasonable amount of time. Co workers were friendly as well.
great flexibility
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 5, 2017
As a remote field manager, I was given autonomy and respect by management in staffing and standard operating procedures allowing for smooth productivity.
Pros
autonomy and discounts on meals
Cons
stressful and emotionally exhausting
Demanding but manageable place to work at.
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 22, 2017
Nice people to work with on a daily basis, as well as professional environment. Hospital personnel were very friendly as well made job more enjoyable.
Helping Other
Application Specialist/Advocate (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 27, 2017
I learned nothing as I already came with the experience and I would assist management and employee's. I take pride in helping patient's but management was very unprofessional.
productive work place
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJanuary 3, 2017
The staff is very on top of their work but the company needs more bilingual staff that since the area is more of a Spanish speaking community. Other than that, nice place and people.
productive and fast paced environment
Clergy/Eligibility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 18, 2016
Loved working with DECO, the hospital was the best part of my time with the company. Enjoyed contact with patients and the assistance we could provide them.
Work/Benefits
Case Manager Representative I (Current Employee) –  Landover, MD 20785May 10, 2016
No room for growth or advancement. No incentives from upper management to employees. Pay does not equal amount of work given. Benefits are bad.
Pros
Metro Excessible
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Managment
good service
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  MDMay 5, 2016
The company provides a good service to the community. The pay is low and there are a lot of risk while working with patients in house at hospitals.
Run as fast as you can
ELIGIBILITY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 14, 2016
Where can I even begin? At first this job sounds like a dream come true. Starting salary is $14/hourly now. You don't need a college degree or even that much experience. Aaaaaand then it goes downhill from there. There is no room for advancement, EVER. Recognize that you'll be working here for years with the same pay that you received back when you first started. Management does not train you and they will expect you to train new staff, on top of expecting you to finish your work as well. The execs. make all the money and you don't see a dime from it. There have been times where we have made quarterly goals and promised a bonus and we have never seen any money come from it. The office setting mostly depends on what hospital you're assigned to. It can be either really slow or fast-paced, so good luck. The benefits are awful as well. Also, on most major holidays, at least one staff member is expected to work at least half a day.
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, poor training
Excelent job
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2015
Working at Aria health Hospital gave me the opportunity to interact with clients internally it was always great pleasure assisting them in understanding insurance options and helping them understand that I provided a great service to them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Poor managment, Poor Training
Eligibility Representative (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 19, 2015
I have only been at this job a couple months and I can already tell this company does not have it all together. Since I have been there, 3 people have quit and more are looking for other jobs. The company puts way too much on their employees. They expect you to do the job without the proper training. The only good thing about this job is being in a hospital setting and assisting people who really need the help. I would not suggest working for this company!!!!
Cons
the goal of the company is good, but this company is horrible
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 17, 2015
The job description upon being hired sounds like an ideal place to work, however, it's not! This company is contracted with numerous hospitals and every location may be different, but the South Carolina area is not the place you would want to work. The management with this company is very very poor. You would think the "standards" that the company focuses on would shine through the management staff, but I know for a fact that it does NOT. I have found that if you work harder than others, have a positive attitude, smart, and so many other positive attributes to offer, the company will view these things as a THREAT instead of a valuable employee.
Pros
flexible working hours, feels great helping others
Cons
low morale, poor management, no room for advancement, poor leadership, does not appreciate hard work and efforts
Horrible
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 13, 2015
This is an awful place to work. Management is abusive, ill tempered and vindictive. It was the worst job I have ever had. I still have night mares about it.
love to work, help others and learn new things
Patient Rep II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 1, 2014
I come early to work love my work and been on time. I have learn to work under pressure and have dead line and after i finish my work love to help other and been a team player.
Pros
i work under no supervision
Cons
no raise for 3yrs
Phoney Company
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Eastern U.S.October 14, 2014
I worked for DECO for about two years of the last five. From the start, things looked bad, but because I was getting paid well, I stuck it out for a while. DECO's hiring standards are pathetic, which means you'll be working with some real pieces of work. I was stuck with one woman on my team who was so dyslexic that she was barely literate. She was also absent-minded. She would call patients and tell them the wrong office number to call back. Another guy was very bright (rare at DECO) but didn't feel like doing anything other than video games and Facebook. Reporting these things to management didn't have any effect. Training was a joke, so I was asked to put on the fa├žade of being a Medicaid "expert" to the hospital staff with whom I worked when in fact we were ill equipped to handle such an important function. It was fraudulent and irresponsible, in my opinion, to present ourselves as professionals in a field that no one really knew. I only survived by leaning heavily on helpful county caseworkers and the hospital's own financial advisors. DECO did nothing to either provide me with solid training or an adequate team with which to do carry out the duties of our office.
Pros
decent pay, daytime hours, close to home
Cons
everything else
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDAugust 22, 2014
Daily morning routine consisted of generating production reports for eligibility representatives of accounts that needed immediate attention and processing. I managed a team of individuals in a hospital setting who were responsible for screening uninsured patients for Maryland Medicaid. The hardest part of my job was having to tell patients who were in dire need of assistance that they did not qualify for healthcare. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help individuals and families in their time of need.
It is a productive place to work.
Support Specialist Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 29, 2014
The morale is low but I have learn different styles and lingo of insurances. The importance of certains forms. The regulations and what it required.
Pros
Cummuting
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DECO Recovery Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4