DecoArt, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Terrible place
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Stanford, KYJuly 30, 2017
This was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The management is completely scatter brained. Decisions are made without much thought and usually results in "oops, that was a bad idea... let's waste more time and money."
Much favoritism is shown to whoever kisses up enough... but being young and attractive doesn't hurt either. The building is dirty and depressing. I honestly blame this job for my anxiety. I was let go from there with zero warning. No one likes to have the rug pulled out from under their feet. Terrible, terrible place. I would never recommend this place to anyone!
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Unorganized - stressful - does not care about employees - work environment is a dump
High Turnover Rate
Batcher (Former Employee) –  Stanford, KYJuly 10, 2017
Several Management Changes, great coworkers mediocre supervisors. Stressful workplace, small town environment. Daily routines, monotanous at times....
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Quotas, Not a family company
Management, workplace, saftey
Selector (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 20, 2017
I recently had the displeasure of working at the Danville warehouse through Nesco. Nesco rushed me through the necessary paperwork "sign here, sign there, here, and initial and date here". Deco Art only puts you with a trainer your first two days and after the 2 days are over, you are working on your own orders by yourself. Which causes a huge cluster and alot of stress for you, and if you mess anything up and have to fix it, it negatively affects your performance & times. (Which they expect you to pull 100 cartons an hour,) While you're waiting on a lift driver to get you what you need from the shelves (that aren't even bolted to the floors correctly or in a safe manner) your times are still being monitored by someone in an office. Had a doctors appointment & made both the Deco and Nesco management aware of, went to said Doctors appointment only to receive a phone call & voicemail that evening from Nesco telling me my assignment was ended. No explanation was given until I called back the next day and questioned it. I was told "Well you filled out the paper work before you started here right?" Come to find out, somewhere in the paperwork that I was rushed through, it stated an attendance policy. And I would have appreciated being made aware of the policy; even though I was never even given the opportunity to bring in my doctors excuse. They do NOT care about their employees whosoever, at first glance you may think they do but trust me and just ask others that have worked there. The place is plagued by favouritism and a overall lack of concern for the well being & safety of  more... its employees. The turn- over rate speaks for itself.  less
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Management, Hr, Un-godly Expectations, Favouritism
Horrible place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Stanford, KYMay 10, 2017
Honestly it's very hectic and stressful there. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go work there at all. Their employee turnover there is horrible especially considering the way they treat their employees. They can't even keep supervisors there and now that human resources is running the show the place is just going completely down hill. They also play favorites a lot there (I realize most places are like that but that place is just plum horrible). They tend to run off all of the good employees and keep the horrible ones. Most of the people there are on major drugs. And it's really nasty in there, you will destroy all of your clothing. Also they have mandatory overtime all of the time and they don't give you much/if any notice about overtime. So needless to say you won't have much of a life if any if you work there. Plus if you're a temp they usually just fire you before it's time for you to be eligible for a full-time position.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Mandatory overtime, pay, favoritism, lack of safety, nasty... The list could go on and on...
productive and enjoyable work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Stanford, KYMay 2, 2017
management very fair, pay competetive, employer very understanding and fair to employees throughout facility, overtime not required but can work as many hours as you wish
Pros
discounts on paint and other products
Cons
ruined all clothing with paint
Unorganized
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Stanford, KYJanuary 29, 2017
The whole factory is very unorganized! Have to hunt down all necessary materials and could take hours plus still expected to make production

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DecoArt, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9