Decurion is an organization that places high value on personal excellence, professional discipline, business competence and leadership. It is committed to developing its employees while achieving superior financial results.
The Tax Department is part of the Accounting Department. Decurion and its affiliated companies are composed of various S-corporations and partnerships. Tax Department is responsible for the tax compliance of the Company and its owners. Tax preparations are done both in-house and by an outside CPA firm. The Tax Department also leads tax research and planning efforts to ensure tax efficiency of the Company as well as its owners.
The Company does not view Tax Department as a back-room function. Tax Department involves in the business at the front-end of major transactions. It is actively partnering with the rest of the accounting and business departments in support our operating business units as a whole. Decurion is looking for tax professionals who view themselves as excellent business people to support its effort in achieving Decurion’s Dual Bottom Line: superior financial results and individual and collective development.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Tax Accountant will handle all federal and state tax issues for the Company affiliated entities owned by the family owners. This includes coordination with Accounting Department and outside CPA firm in preparing and reviewing the federal and state income tax returns. He/she will also be a contributing member of Tax Department with accountability for the continuous efforts in the improvement of Tax Department infrastructure and processes. This person must develop a systematic, non-person dependent approach to all work. He/she will also be expected to partner effectively with Accounting and applicable business departments on various projects as needed.
- Proficiency in standard corporate technology, operating systems and tax preparation software.
- 4 to 5 recent years tax experience, preferably in both corporation and public accounting firm , preferably specializing in pass-thru entities and the real estate industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and MBT desirable
- Solid background in U.S. corporate tax compliance, including S corporation, partnership, limited liability company and individual tax compliance
- Good understanding in GAAP accounting and comfortable with reviewing general ledger information in ERP system or related programs.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate that you are accountable and answerable for the results of your work.
- Complete your work with impeccable coordination and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in every interaction.
- Respond to information requests quickly and professionally.
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.decurioncareers.com