Decypher Technologies Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2017
All of my time with Decypher was spent working at Wilford Hall at Joint Base San Antonio Lackland.
Management was not engaging, nor were they present.
Fast paced work must be completed in 40 hours per week. Management is hands off with little understanding of what psychologists do. Pay varies widely.
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2017
The work is very fast paced. Comprehensive assessment including psychological testing and IQ testing as needed, individual and group therapy, treatment team meetings, collateral information gathering, Command Directed Evaluations, and many more tasks are required of you. You are strictly allowed 40 hours only per week to complete these tasks but must keep up with the same work load as the active duty members who are expected to work late. Decypher management is extremely hands off with poor interpersonal skills overall. Management does not have an understanding of what psychologists do and therefor give poor directions when trying to problem solve. Management is strictly focused on appeasing the military and maintaining their contract. I have learned that psychologist's compensation varies widely despite very similar lengths of time licensed. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of mountains of paperwork without being allowed to ever stay late. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I worked with and the culture of the military.
Nurse case manager
Nurse Case Manager, NJ Army National Guard (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 13, 2017
Too much politics between army and contractor. Contract manager pretends to support employees but does nothing. You are on your own if you work for decypher
Pros
Get to work with military
Cons
Low pay, politics, no advancement
Great Company
Medical Records Tech/ER Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
Crazy working environment, but I worked in an Emergency Room, so that's to be expected. I was a contractor so I worked pretty much wherever I was placed, the hardest part was the shifting hours from days, to evenings, to overnights.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Ft Sm Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
Working for Decypher has been a wonderful experience. the benefits offered by the company are great, and the fact that I am able to spend time with my family is awesome. Decypher is a great company who is very understanding of my family's health issues.
Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXNovember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Generally "hands off" approach on the part of management. Work with good group of co-workers at my site.
Pros
salary
Cons
cost of healthcare benefits for families
Great company to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 4, 2016
Not much room for advancement, having federal days off is a bonus. Supervisor are not on site. You work with Navy personal at a dental office on a base.
it was ok
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 4, 2016
it was and short contract job I was only with them for and short time.

It was ok

Maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes, storage and retrieval database systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze patient medical and dental health information for the Georgia Army National Guard.
Compile, scan, index, organize and maintain 11,000 plus Active, Discharged, and Retired Service Members medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
Greet visitors and answer all inquiries in person, answer multi-line phones, and provide administrative support to State Program Coordinator IIA and Unit program Coordinator in Medical Record Department.
Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with state and federal regulations under the Medical Records Administration and Healthcare Documentation (AR-40-66) an
Great Company to work for.
Verifying Official (Current Employee) –  Ventura county, CAOctober 2, 2016
Great company to work for. Upper management is easy to work and communicate with. I enjoy my co-workers and the customers that we see on a daily basis. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with.
Their Own Personal Gain
Screener (Former Employee) –  QatarMay 1, 2016
Company is sending workers into the country of Qatar without the proper legal information which is so needed. Working with people more hung up on titles than the actual work.
Pros
Working with the Military
Cons
Feeling expendable
Fun place to work
Verifying Official (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Decypher. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. From coworkers to management, everyone works as a team to get things done. I would recommend Decypher to anyone looking for a great place to work.
Pros
fun place to work, nice people
Cons
healthcare
Not Bad
MOBILE WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for advancement and upper management changes seemingly every 3-6 months, so you never really know who your boss is. On the plus side it is a pretty relaxed environment.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
High turn-over in upper management, no room for advancement.
Busy fast paced office
Credentials Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2014
Staff is very knowledgeable. Good place to work. Lots of work to stay busy all day.
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2014
- Safety plan with clients
- Co-workers are great
- Great management staff
Rewarding work with too much politics between the company and the Army
SOF Paramedic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Very busy work day and again very rewarding, however the work climate made for a hostile relationship between the company and certain military and army civilians which caused you to feel like a 3rd class citizen. No cost of living increases or bonuses given. They did have a good continuing education program which i did use. Overall i think the company is too far removed from the day to day happenings in our contract which makes you feel like a number and not a team member.
Good place for contractors/consultants
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Decypher is a fine company that stresses values, work/life balance and excellent compensation in its work culture. This is a good company for contractors/consultants wishing to work for local military venues.
Pros
Very good work culture
Good company to work for.
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasNovember 13, 2012
NA - was a contractor at Wilford Hall Hospital at Lackland AFB
Fast paced with enjoyable atsmosphere
Contract Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 22, 2012
A typical day would be going and setting up for a blood drive and making sure everything was in working order. We would do the blood drives, then break down all of the equipment before heading back to the donor center.My managemnt and co-workers are friendly, and will be more than happy to help out with anything. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday, and doing my part to support the military effort.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
health insurance