FACILITIES HVAC TECHNICIAN
The Town of Dedham/Dedham Public Schools is seeking an experienced HVAC Technician to be part of the Facilities Department. The selected candidate will provide general maintenance support as directed, and be responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all HVAC equipment and related systems.
1. Install, Maintain and Repair building heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
2. Install Maintain, Test, Troubleshoot and Repair pneumatic temperature control systems.
3. Install, Maintain, and Repair any type of pumps.
4. Perform general and routine inspections for Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Initiatives.
5. Work with other trades and perform duties as assigned.
6. Make recommendations for preventive maintenance and system improvement.
7. Safely perform the functions of this position while following and applying the proper safety guidelines such as PPE, LO-TO and job hazard analysis.
1. Must have an EPA- approve CFC certificate.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license.
3. Minimum of 6 years experience as an HVAC Tech working in industrial, commercial or school environment.
4. Must have experience in the operation and maintenance of Oil and Gas fired heating systems and boilers. Knowledge of Building Management System is desirable.
5. Broad knowledge of other trades, such as plumbing, sheet metal and electrical.
6. Must be able to work alone and safely use ladders, lifts and other means as needed.
7. Must be able to read prints and follow verbal and written instructions.
8. Must be available to work extra hours and respond to emergencies as needed and required.