Deer Valley Resort Employee Reviews

Need to pay your dues
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJuly 12, 2017
Don't expect to get anywhere unless you've worked there a few years. The ski school management is sub par. It's more like "those who can't teach, do."
it was very good experience for me that i have worked at deer valley USA
cook trainee (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 23, 2017
i worked like 10 to 12hrs a day it was typical day at work because deer valley is ski resorts that is why people was so crazy about the ski .And i have learned a lot of of things like new skiils and new technique like how to handle the situation ia tough way.and management was soo good and as you know that the american culture is really good and i have learned new culture and the hardest part of the job was when i preparing the oyster and the most enjoyable part of the job when i was working in live kithen like buffet and hot kitchen
Good place to work with housing included
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 8, 2017
I would open the ski lift by sweeping off the chairs and then I would load the people in the chairs to go up the mountain so that they could ski down the hill.
Fun workplace because of the activities and colleagues
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  park city, utahNovember 15, 2016
I really like the company, endeavours and place of work. They gave wonderful benefits for the staff. They also offer good services to all guests from the time they arrive at the resort until the end of their visit.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
8 hours per day
Productive and fun workplace with a great staff
Mountain Bike Technician (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 17, 2016
Deer Valley is a fantastic employer to work for, The management is amazing and whatever Job position you work, they always challenge you and train you to be better for higher up positions in the company. There's many great opportunities to grow with the company. Over all great staff, great management.
Pros
Employer cafeteria, Great Health Care, Breaks
Cons
Seasonal
Snow cat, winch cat operator/ ski slope groomer (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 10, 2016
Great working conditions with the opportunity to run snow cats, on all types of winter terrain, in challenging winter weather conditions. This company encourages quality work from it's employees.
Pros
Job environment, variety
Cons
All night work
Excellent work culture with a strong sense of team
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 27, 2016
Deer Valley is an excellent place to work. It offers a highly professional setting with an abundance of support from other staff. Working there has greatly strengthened my customer service skills and attention to detail. Both management and other co workers are mostly supportive and helpful to each other. The job can be stressful at time during periods of high guest volume. Knowing that you are a part of making the guest's vacation a memorable one is the most rewarding part of the job.
positive place
Sous Chef & Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 23, 2016
I love working for Deer Valley. I am sad to be leaving because we are relocating to be closer to family. Because this is seasonal work there are always people coming and going. The people and culture is so fun and positive.
Great Work/Life Balance
Group Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 4, 2016
Benefits and salary are good. There is no paid family leave at this company. The managers have a passion for the outdoors which is contagious. They want employees to love the resort as much as they do and are great about discounts on tickets and F&B.
Great attention to employees/ Benefits
Snowcat/ Groomer Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Mountain OperationsJanuary 19, 2016
Great equipment and a top notch resort. Had a great time there. Wish the pay was better, but the work environment was the best. Everyone was happy all the time, especially when it snowed.
Pros
ski pass, discounts, great management and attitude
Cons
Pay
great family in the kitchen
Snow Park Lodge Cook II - intern (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 6, 2015
deer valley snow park lodge has room for experimentation in the kitchen. they are open in new ideas and ready to brainstorm when needed. they are people first company and they care a lot on their employees. a great place to hone physical and mental skills.
Pros
free meal, cheap housing, great company, great teamwork
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 29, 2015
Deer Valley Resort is a great place to work with, friendly people and they will treat you as their own family. As a good place for skiing during winter and a lot of guest interactions everyday, you will learn a lot and they will help you to go through your career
great place to work
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 29, 2015
I had a lot of fun going to work everyday, I looked forward to going and spending time with children helping them and listening to there funny stories. getting to know different peoples personality's.
I loved the people I worked with everyone was so much fun and got along great and everyone became such good friends,
Pros
hot cocolate break lunch with friends
Experiência Sensacional
Garçom (Former Employee) –  Park City, Utah.August 17, 2015
Ambiente sempre muito agradável. Aprendizado incrível para a vida pessoal e profissional. Sempre cercado por pessoas competentes no comando da operação. O tempo todo falando inglês e convivendo intensa e diretamente com a cultura americana.
Pros
Aprendizado enorme e excelente compensação financeira.
Would love to work there again.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  2250 Deer Valley Dr. S Park City, UtahJuly 9, 2015
A typical day would usually be the same as yesterday and the only difference was the people you met. I learned about teamwork, compassion, patience and friendship. Management was your friend but strict at the same time. All of my co-workers were my friends and we worked well together. A hot day with no snow to maintain a good ramp for the skiiers. The free skiing, the food and the people.
Great place to work.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 10, 2015
I loved working up at Deer Valley. It was a fun fast paced environment to work in. Worked with a lot of good people. Helped keep the guests safe. Made sure the equipment was functioning properly.
Heavy guest interaction and opportunities to serve others.
Front Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond LodgeApril 13, 2015
Great place to work, with a lot of aspects to the resort. There are many opportunities to work with guests and colleagues and opportunities for advancement if you enjoy the position.
Pros
Ski benefits, positive environment, Insurance for all employees
Cons
Low wage compensation
Best place to work!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 5, 2015
I loved my experience for working at Deer Valley Resort. The company makes you feel appreciated. On a daily basis I would check guests into the Lodge. At 3:30 pm we would serve apres ski which is like a snack for the guests. I often took up luggage to the guests room. I drove a shuttle for the guests which is completely free. My favorite part of the job were the people I worked with and the people I met.
Better to be a patron than employee
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
The best part are the free bagels and coffee in the morning. Some of the supervisors were helpful, although most weren't. Good benefits after 5 consecutive years.
Good Job and ski benefits plus discounts on food.
Lodge Person Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 7, 2015
Good Job and ski benefits plus discounts on food. You will have a chance to ski at park city mountain resort and canyons resort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deer Valley Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6