Deer Valley Resort Employee Reviews

Snow cat, winch cat operator/ ski slope groomer (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 10, 2016
Great working conditions with the opportunity to run snow cats, on all types of winter terrain, in challenging winter weather conditions. This company encourages quality work from it's employees.
Pros
Job environment, variety
Cons
All night work
Excellent work culture with a strong sense of team
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 27, 2016
Deer Valley is an excellent place to work. It offers a highly professional setting with an abundance of support from other staff. Working there has greatly strengthened my customer service skills and attention to detail. Both management and other co workers are mostly supportive and helpful to each other. The job can be stressful at time during periods of high guest volume. Knowing that you are a part of making the guest's vacation a memorable one is the most rewarding part of the job.
positive place
Sous Chef & Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 23, 2016
I love working for Deer Valley. I am sad to be leaving because we are relocating to be closer to family. Because this is seasonal work there are always people coming and going. The people and culture is so fun and positive.
Great Work/Life Balance
Group Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 4, 2016
Benefits and salary are good. There is no paid family leave at this company. The managers have a passion for the outdoors which is contagious. They want employees to love the resort as much as they do and are great about discounts on tickets and F&B.
Great attention to employees/ Benefits
Snowcat/ Groomer Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Mountain OperationsJanuary 19, 2016
Great equipment and a top notch resort. Had a great time there. Wish the pay was better, but the work environment was the best. Everyone was happy all the time, especially when it snowed.
Pros
ski pass, discounts, great management and attitude
Cons
Pay
great family in the kitchen
Snow Park Lodge Cook II - intern (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 6, 2015
deer valley snow park lodge has room for experimentation in the kitchen. they are open in new ideas and ready to brainstorm when needed. they are people first company and they care a lot on their employees. a great place to hone physical and mental skills.
Pros
free meal, cheap housing, great company, great teamwork
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 29, 2015
Deer Valley Resort is a great place to work with, friendly people and they will treat you as their own family. As a good place for skiing during winter and a lot of guest interactions everyday, you will learn a lot and they will help you to go through your career
great place to work
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 29, 2015
I had a lot of fun going to work everyday, I looked forward to going and spending time with children helping them and listening to there funny stories. getting to know different peoples personality's.
I loved the people I worked with everyone was so much fun and got along great and everyone became such good friends,
Pros
hot cocolate break lunch with friends
Would love to work there again.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  2250 Deer Valley Dr. S Park City, UtahJuly 9, 2015
A typical day would usually be the same as yesterday and the only difference was the people you met. I learned about teamwork, compassion, patience and friendship. Management was your friend but strict at the same time. All of my co-workers were my friends and we worked well together. A hot day with no snow to maintain a good ramp for the skiiers. The free skiing, the food and the people.
Great place to work.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 10, 2015
I loved working up at Deer Valley. It was a fun fast paced environment to work in. Worked with a lot of good people. Helped keep the guests safe. Made sure the equipment was functioning properly.
Heavy guest interaction and opportunities to serve others.
Front Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond LodgeApril 13, 2015
Great place to work, with a lot of aspects to the resort. There are many opportunities to work with guests and colleagues and opportunities for advancement if you enjoy the position.
Pros
Ski benefits, positive environment, Insurance for all employees
Cons
Low wage compensation
Best place to work!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 5, 2015
I loved my experience for working at Deer Valley Resort. The company makes you feel appreciated. On a daily basis I would check guests into the Lodge. At 3:30 pm we would serve apres ski which is like a snack for the guests. I often took up luggage to the guests room. I drove a shuttle for the guests which is completely free. My favorite part of the job were the people I worked with and the people I met.
Better to be a patron than employee
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
The best part are the free bagels and coffee in the morning. Some of the supervisors were helpful, although most weren't. Good benefits after 5 consecutive years.
Good Job and ski benefits plus discounts on food.
Lodge Person Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 7, 2015
Good Job and ski benefits plus discounts on food. You will have a chance to ski at park city mountain resort and canyons resort.
Good overall atmosphere
Fireside and Seafood Buffet Busser (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 23, 2014
Fast paced environment, somewhat physically demanding, but overall good culture. Some nice perks to go along with good pay!
Plain and simple, Deer Valley is a great place to work!
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 26, 2014
Typical day: get up at 5, get to work around 7, if needed I would go out at 7am but wasn't scheduled till 8am. I really enjoyed my time at Deer Valley and would love to work there again one day. My fellow workers were mostly amazing to work with. The management always went out of their way to help whenever I needed it. Hardest part of my job was enduring some of the very cold conditions. Most enjoyable part of the job, interacting with so many great people! New faces every day, and almost every day was a new adventure!
Pros
skiing! and lunches were great!
Cons
enduring the cold windy days! :)
High paced organizational
Daily Scheduling Agent (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 25, 2014
Working at Deer Valley Resort for two season was a great and professional learning environment. I learned how to deal with stressful situations in a quick and professional manner. I worked closely with upper management to make sure our guest have the best service possible. We worked in a close work place and have to communicate well with reservations and upper management to organize up to 600 ski instructors daily schedules and well as reservations 3 days ahead. Some of the hardest parts of the job were dealing with stressful issues when they arrived in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with great and interesting people from the person next to you, ski instructors and our management team was full of professionals who cared about the job and their employees.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
stressful
awesome company and city
SL Line Cook II (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 15, 2014
awesome to live and work here, great place to gain experience, work days are 8am-5pm depending on position.
To work in Deer Valley Resort Employee Dinning is fun we are serving lunch from 10am to 3pm
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTNovember 12, 2013
Learned how to cook some other nationality dishes.boss are cool co workers are nice.
Pros
free lunch
Grained a lot of experience
PATROL DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 22, 2013
Working was always a perfect balance of experience, professionalism and fun. Co-workers were all certified intelligent people who were a pleasure to work with and for, and to gain perspective with a mostly enjoyable but at times stressful job.
Pros
employee dining rooms, morning meetings

4.7