Deery Brothers of Ames is one of Central Iowa's newest and fastest growing automobile dealers. We are looking to build a team with quality people who want to succeed. With the full line of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram Trucks we offer a great product line.
The Parts Manager strives to return a satisfactory profit on the dealership’s investment in parts inventory. Parts managers accomplish their objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, display and advertising.
As with all positions with dealerships, parts managers are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Duties of a Parts Manager include:
- Properly staffing the department, which includes hiring, training, motivating and monitoring the performance of all parts department staff.
- Maintaining an orderly workplace.
- Creating and overseeing an annual operating budget for the parts department.
- Working with the service department and wholesale account representatives to ensure inventory is available when needed.
- Establishing competitive pricing specifications in various categories while generating sufficient profits and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Determining appropriate inventory levels while ensuring periodic parts turnover.
- Adjusting stock to curtail accumulation of unused or old parts.
- Confirming that parts are appropriately coded so the dealership can claim a complete refund for unused factory stock.
- Reviewing sales figures, costs and stock monthly to ensure budget benchmarks are met.
- Parts managers should have at least 3 years of experience in automotive parts sales
- Management personnel require strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors. Managers are required to maintain the profitability of a department while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Managers are required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations.
- People working within the automotive industry may have to work extended hours and weekends to achieve their goals.
- An automotive technology background is valuable for many parts department careers.
- A background with business and automotive classes is useful.
We are a locally owned and family business where we treat our customers like a member of our family. We are building a state-of-the-art facility to provide the best possible customer experience. So, if you have the skill set, desire and personality to help make us one of the area's leading automotive retailers and are willing to work hard then we want to hear from you.