DEFENDER Direct

DEFENDER Direct Employee Reviews

The Truth about the LIES this company portrays!!!
Sales, Hero (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2015
Pros: Fair income
Cons: Policies, lies, turnover and misconception
I WAS a sales agent and Hero... and I was in the top 5 on the Superstar trip.. so those who put comments about "losers" and couldn't cut it.... Well that simply isn't true. The process trains you to lie... – more... "We don't send a salesperson.. but a licensed bonded insured tech" But our techs are commissioned sales people. We tell them "we cannot see your credit score" we used to see the entire bureau and always and still see the score.
I made the Superstar trip... it was nice... the Christmas party at the Children's museum also nice... but..The truth is you are only as good as your last 4 weeks... the PIP process... with proper management you should never get there... more than 50% turnover...
The list continues....
Relieved is the best word I can use to be done...
OH.. and be careful to follow instructions by a training manager... the process change to get a tech in the home may cost you your job.. – less
Dishonerble Defender Direct
Security Adviser (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great benifits, and compinsation.
Cons: Bad legal team
Working with Defender Direct was fun and a pain at the same time. They are a high energy, high volume company with great way of motivating everyone. There downside is that they lack the knowledge of any – more... legal liability outside of there headquarters. Being that I live and work in California, the laws here are MUCH different form other states. With this in mind you would think that there legal team would have seen that they where supposed to pay over time to there technicians. But, it took a class action lawsuit to fix that over site. Or how they couldn't even figure the basic laws for workers comp. – less
Poor work/family life.
Senior Security Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 5, 2015
There are literally no words to describe. Commission change, management changes, policies change all the time, you walk on egg shells, high hard selling, and you literally lose all touch with what's real and deceit.
No work, life balance
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Parker, COJune 3, 2015
Good money, no life. Lots of pressure to sell and then time constraints to get to 2 installs and 2 service calls per day. And in the area that i worked... To many miles put on my vehicle everyday.
Revolving door
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2015
Maintain customer rapport by handling concerns and questions
- Improves service by listening to customer concerns, diagnosing and troubleshooting problems for one call resolution
- Meets individual performance standards
- Represent our company in an ethical, professional manner with integrity
Caveman like work conditions/turnover is off the charts
Sales (Former Employee), USMay 16, 2015
Pros: Thursday breakfast
Cons: Low morale, high turnover, no long term prospect, terrible culture
Terrible place to work. If you want to forget your ethics, morals and standards this is the place for you. Money is OK, but if a customer cancelled, or forgot about their appointment, or doesn't – more... even live at the address then you are penalised and ranked to eventually starve you out. This company does not care about people, or security, or careers. It goes to market by going through people. – less
The office I was working at overwhelmed with too many jobs and not enough install technicians
Installer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2015
Pros: The culture and the comrad re appears great on the surface, there is money and advancement to be had
Cons: Integrity promoted by the owner is quickly being eroded away
This part of Defender was one of the offices that installed ADT systems. Days at work could range from 8 to 20 hours. There seemed to be a divergence in management, some cared for those under their employ and the customer others set up incentives that produced an atmosphere of compromise. For these folks Integrity was the talk but money trumped with actions that often kicked integrity to the side.
Use to be a great company, but recent decisions are sending this company on a downward spiral. Stay clear!
ADT Sales/ Sales Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhApril 30, 2015
Pros: Descent pay at times
Cons: Poor communications, unfair routing system for sales reps
Under new upper management , Defenders has taken a nose dive. They have cut the sales reps pay in 6 different ways over the last 6 months. It is a descent place to work, however they continue pay cuts so they can afford some financial mistakes and risks they have made on some very bad decisions.
Great compensation
Sales/Installation (Former Employee), TexasApril 24, 2015
Pros: Ability to make a great salary
Cons: Home life will suffer greatly
This is a good place to learn many skills ranging in technology and sales. Though my situation was very unique to most, management is very passionate. Home life will suffer so either have a very understanding other half or be single working here.
Terrible company with decent pay
Security Advisor (Former Employee), OlympiaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay
Cons: Long driving, terrible management with ZERO leadership.
I was employed by DD for 3 years. The Regional manager fired the 2 best employees in our office so he could demote the manager. BTW managers make A LOT LESS than the salesmen. The average sales tech makes – more... about 60-90k the average manager makes 36-50k. What other company in the world gives you a promotion and a pay cut???? So when they give the great speech about moving up and promoting within you get a big fat paycut! The worklife balance is a joke. I worked over 60+ hours a week. I drove 30,000 miles every year. You are greatly penalized if you dont get the job installed every time. I held a 93% IR. They really dont care about security as long as you can sell a camera and a phone app which doesnt protect you as a home owner. There are better dealers to work for so choose wisely. – less
Sign your soul on the dotted line.
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches once every two weeks
Cons: Micromanagement, Decreasing pay, No job security, Lying to customers, Managers who care less about you
I am so tired of Defender Direct leadership "recruitment" giving the same cookie cutter BS lies on their reviews here. You can always tell when it is a BS review when you hear the words "work harder on – more... yourself than you do on your job" "follow the system" "defender cares about their employees"

Truth of the matter is this company does not care about you in the slightest. You are only as good as what you have done your last 4 weeks. Defender loves bringing in new people weather that be by recruitment or through their recruiters or online postings. You are a number here and the second you falter they will fire you. Doesn't matter if you were top ten for five years straight you have a bad run of current customers or just bad luck they will make up a trumped up excuse to let you go. There is no job security here....and I mean none! This is a job not a career. You talk to 98 percent of the agents here that have and they fear for their job every day. This company has gone way down hill. Yes you can make a decent amount of money here, but you sell your soul to the devil in the process.

If you don't believe me try googling "Protect your home reviews" top of the page 85 bad reviews all 1 star, 2nd link another another 22 bad reviews, and 3rd link another 100 bad reviews, its page after page after page of this. I don't think there is one good review out there. They have had over 725 complaints with the better business bureau in the last 3 years.

If you have ever seen the movie boiler room where the stock brokers are selling worthless stocks to customers that believe in the pitch, but none of the brokers care because they are making money regardless of who they hurt along the way. Yes boys and girls this will be the company that you will be representing. All under the Christian Umbrella. Corruption and deception at its finest. You will learn to lie, cheat, and deceive these poor customers and if you don't you will be out of a job. – less
Review Carefully before accepting job
Security Consultant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good group of people locally to work with
Cons: income capabilities, 12 - 24 hour days 5-6 days a week.
Typical day begins at 5:30am in office by 6:15am and ends whenever the day ends, most occasions after 8:00 - 10:00pm. 5-6 days a week.
Milage reimbursement not accurate relative to compensation for using – more... personal vehicle.
Ability to realize income as presented in interview very difficult if not impossible.
No personal life, Work every Saturday so no balance between work and home responsibilities.
Great Co-Workers. – less
Pretty laid back days
Data entry/Shelling Dept (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2015
Data entry, customer service, disptatch---my co workers are very friendly and enjoyable to work with---the most enjoyable part of my job is the shift i work
Ready to be out of customer service
SECURITY CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
take 50-70 incoming calls
process incoming emails from customers
deal with irate phone calls
deal with billing issues
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2015
I really liked working at Defender Direct. The only reason I left was because I moved across the country. The management was amazing and the culture was very positive.
Learning the art of selling with fun
Security Advisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TxFebruary 24, 2015
We would go into the office and go over the goals of the day/week to accomplish, then we would receive our job tickets and go on with our business for the rest of the day by ourselves.
Terrible place
Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: poor treatment of field staff
Just don't go here, you WILL be lied to, you will be cheated, and all in the name of christian values.

Manager days start at 5:45 6 days a week and end when your last team member is finished...midnight maybe...
Could have been a good career
Security Advisor/Installer (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: no insurance or job security
Going to home owner and installing equipment was interesting. Learning the basic of alarms and the installation was a great experience for me. Management changed way to often. Co-worker were very helpful. Hardest part was driving long distant. Visiting with new customer each day was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Good job, just wasn't for me.
Dish Network Salesman (Former Employee), Greensburg, INFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: fun and kind co-workers.
Cons: feeling like i was bothering people at their homes.
Defender Direct was a nice place to work. The people were friendly and the environment was welcoming. The job itself just was not for me because I was uncomfortable cold calling individuals at their homes and trying to persuade them to buy a Dish Network package.
Very Very Blessed with this opportunity.
Inbound Sales (Current Employee), Newport KYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: growth, pay, environment, work/life balance
Cons: ........i don't have any.. this job changed my life
I have ready many reviews on Defender. It's really funny. Of course, you hear lots of negative and almost no positive.
Well.... Here is TRUTH:

First of: Defender truly does care about their employees. – more... They have a very nice balance with keeping their employee's best interest in mind as well as the company's best interest. If the company doesn't succeed, no body will succeed. I honestly believe all these negative reviews about Defender is a reflection on one's self.

By the way, the amazing rewards and contests are awesome. All expense paid 4 days resort vacations with spouses, TV's, concert tickets, box playoff tickets, trips to Italy, a Harley, a boat... ... The list goes on and on.

Second: They pay very well. Follow the proven process, remain positive, and in the end.... Do the right thing, and you pay check will show it.

Third: Those of you concerned about a 100% commissioned job, you are probably concerned because of how other 100% commissioned jobs pay. Well, this job is different. There are no charge backs, no draws (if you don't reach a minimum, you get paid anyway and you don't have to pay it back) and everyone (that follows process) makes money anyway, so it doesn't matter. This job is amazing. Inbound Sales... Pretty much a guarantee nothing less than 45k. My personal experience for year 1 was 90k. (39-42 hrs/week) How did I do it? I embraced the Defender Culure, remained true to myself and stayed positive.

LASTLY: What other company pays you to go out and work at a soup kitchen or mow an old lady's lawn?? They have service days. Go out and serve in your community. They also will take you to Mexico for $199 and build with Homes of Hope YWAM. They go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of the poor the widowed and the orphanage.

My recommendation to you if you are considering working for this company.... Believe in it and believe in yourself. Follow process and work harder on yourself than you do your job. Because that's really what it's about. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About DEFENDER Direct

Few companies acquire customers as well as DEFENDER. We are the #1 Authorized Dealer for ADT®, and also own home heating and – Read more

DEFENDER Direct Salaries