Defender Employee Reviews in United States

This was one of the worst companies I have ever worked for
Tire Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 6, 2016
The work time wasnt so bad, I work 12 hour rotating shifts that would range from thre days in a row to five day in a row and they would alternate from days to nights every week.

The management team could ahve used alot of work, they were very hard to get along with, they were very demanding and not very people orientated.

There were no kind insurance for the employees and no kind of benefits for the employees either
Physically demanding with constant work load
Sanitation Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 4, 2016
Very detailed oriented,fair and honest workplace good people to work with never a dule moment in the 14 years as an employee
Pros
Monday-Friday day shift Only
Cons
Could be required to come into work at any moment
Productive and hard work.
Janitorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2016
I enjoy the hours giving a chance to make a decant paycheck. I like the fact that I have friends there and there are no conflicts with the company and employees themselves.
fun work place
Site Supervisor of maintenance/housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 21, 2016
good job i work ther for a year. i like it cool place to work good job cowork were grat managment was great all around good job
safety
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 30, 2016
this job payed okay. just felt like we could be paid more for putting our health in danger most times. i was put into to many accidents that could have been avoided.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
reckless workers
They will run you in the ground!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaOctober 16, 2014
They take up all of your personal time including the weekend. Your vehicle will take a complete beating yet they only pay .44 cents per mile and the mileage that their computer calculates is never correct. They continuously change the pay structure. Each office is on the buddy/buddy system. If you get in good with the branch manager, you'll get better jobs. The Regional Director has no backbone. You will go to him about things you see that are not right nor fair to employees and give him proof and he still sweeps it under the rug
Pros
free breakfast once a week, salary can get towards $100k but you will never be at home
Cons
long working hours, help other techs all the time but dont get paid for it, constant switching of jobs
All talk
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Defender promises big, but rarely seems able or willing to follow through. They made promises to the new company they where employed to and did not lend proper support to reach said promises.
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
No support when needed
great job love the people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work good energy people come together as a team to get the job done I enjoy it a lot. The hours are good as well
No Comment
Armed Security Guard, CAT III Nuclear Sight (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 23, 2013
Although the organization provides a quality initial training program, the organization follows a stagnant business culture, poor management practices and provides absolutely no opportunities for employees to personally progress within the company.

This small security division does not provide any benefit packages, retirement or medical insurances with the exception of a shoddy dental plan. Promotions are given solely based on immediately available positions from the incredible employee turn over rate, and they only go to individuals that meet a certain criteria which does not follow most EO practices.
Pros
initial training
Cons
everything else
Productive workplace
Chemical Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 29, 2014
Loved working with people and loved working 1st shift . Leaned how to work with different chemicals.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no benefits
Fun and Productive
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 22, 2015
Clean restrooms to make sure everything was in it's proper place. I had the chance to meet and greet outside vistors who came to shop and bring smiles to your faces. I also had the chance to meet different celebrities.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch hours
At bic
packer (Former Employee) –  charlotte,ncApril 28, 2015
A Typical day at work is to get there get in and get my day started im always earlyer. I learn sometimes you have to take things as they are workplace your have different personality. Alwalys be the bigger person because the picture is far to big the picture i see.Some people far as co workers at times feel the need to talk bout one another or do things with me all i wanna do is come into work with a smile and do my job at my best and make sure the costomer is happy.To me the hardest thing can be alot of things thats part of a job to me which i do not mind just have to work thought it. The most enjoyable part of a job when your good work or addtitude is seen or when a costomer really love what you did or said to them make me really like i did somthing good or right.
Cons
short breaks
working hard to productive of the job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Security, COAugust 13, 2012
I began the my day disarming the facility checking internal and external area of the building to make sure all is safe setting up for all staff to arriving on property greeting/assist as needed make patroll tours of offices and emergency check point waiting on clients escorting them to and away from there appointment sign in/out monitoring all clients and employees activities during the day ensuring a safe work place of business. come to fun productive workplace employees will stay focus.
Pros
management pleasant/understanding
Cons
break are ok lunch long hours
horrible operations and leadership
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  indianapolisAugust 11, 2015
practices are not followed or organized. micro managing and policies and procedures are not followed. customers are left abandoned because they are constantly changing processess that stay incosistant.
Very fast paced and multi tasking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg,INAugust 12, 2015
Work environment was always changing due to the weather. A typical day was taking inventory on production of vehicles and in constant contact with different distributors with in the company.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
weather conditions
A Day At Work
Gt Sorter/Bladder Maker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 29, 2013
A day at work at defender i would come in 30 min before time sit and chat a bit with some co workers eat breakfast,lunch etc. Do that for a bit till the last 10 mins of the 30 mins i got there.I would go to my line an the guy from the last shift would leave an from there on my shift would start.Now the worst part of this whole thing is the tires come constantly no breaks for the first two hours so it best you brang gatorade or some to you line but you would sort for 12 hours the best thing is the break this is in the break room you eat smoke drank talk whatever it is you do on break now mind you,you only get four of these every two hours so this is somewhat hard i guess.But the best thing is you meet new people and they all doin the same as you an on breaks yall switch lines.
Pros
lunch break, vending machines, cafeteria
Cons
smoke room, 30 min lunch break
Fun and a great learning experience.
Security Advisor/ Level 2 Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 23, 2012
A typical day would be installing security systems, wireless or hard wire systems and doing a few service calls.

Most of my experience came from from my former install Manager .. Ive learned when installing a alarm system, you must be quick knowledgeable and professional.and know your equipment.

My Install Manager always tried to help me when he could. with equipment, sales talk and follow thru.

always have had a great relationship with the guys in my installation shop. we as a group always worked as a team. it was always fun to come to work and see them.

The hardest part of the job was ttraveling long distances to installs. but after a while your use to it.

The most enjoyable part was knowing that you made a diffrence for a family who needed security protection.
Pros
free breakfeasts every thursday. free travel and lodging to our conventions in idianapolis, also a decent health plan
Cons
too much free equipment given away difficult upsell opportunities.
great workplace
Payroll Clerk/ Customer Service Rep./ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2013
Had a great boss but he died of cancer while I worked there. I really enjoyed working with the employees there . Payroll were awesome. They gave classes on goldcolor and that made the payroll much easier. Enjoyed working there. The most difficult moment were making sure the employees clocked out while doing payroll for the week. This were because you had to get up with the employees to make sure they got paid correctly. It were hard trying to get up with some of them before passing in their paid hours.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
overtime work schedule makingsure everyone had a chance to do ot
DEFENDER is the bee's knees
Manager (Current Employee) –  HQJune 24, 2014
When bees fly from flower to flower, the nectar sticks to their legs. The phrase "bee's knees" means sweet and good, because the knees of the bee are where all the sweet, good stuff is collected. When you work at DEFENDER, you're knee deep in a culture that develops leaders and encourages you to be the best version of yourself possible.
Pros
cool culture, super people, protecting families.
Cons
opportunities for taking better care of security advisors.
About the company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2012
The pay is good and the hours are the same. Many different shifts 8 hours, 10 hours, or weekend 12 hours.
Pros
good company
Cons
no over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defender. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9