DEFENDERS Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place, great energy. positive people.
Outbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2016
I learned how from defenders that you must work on your self harder than you do anything. and my co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job. we had group games that were competitive I would sometimes forget I was actually working. The hardest part of my job at Defenders was policy changed a few times. I don't think upper management was very clear with each other all the time. No biggie though. Great company over all. Everyday at defenders though i would set a goal for myself example: 25 transfers a day. and I'd aim to meet my goal everyday to meet my goal for the week.
Pros
Great Energy, & free lunches sometimes
Cons
was on 6th floor elevator was a little scary.
Defenders ( ADT Provider)
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 18, 2016
Poor Training, Massive Turn over, work you 6am- til dusk
and may kiss seeing family good bye.
Could spend 2 -4 hours a day in the car driving, which isnt even the job, working anywhere from new castle to tip of Virginia ,
required to buy alot of own tools for job, use own personal vehicle for travels
Pros
N/A
Cons
extensive work hours, no weekends off, benefits
Call center service environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2016
A typical workday involved long periods of time on the phone resolving customer issues caused by faulty hardware or incorrect installation. I learned many new solution skills and consumer negotiation talents. The senior management is outstanding. My co-workers were all friendly and helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job is making the proper arrangements to mitigate a single customer issue multiple times. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a consumer is sincerely grateful for the assistance provided in resolving an issue.
Pros
easy going schedule
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
Defender Direct
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 11, 2016
This company has the most unstable work environment I have ever seen. They are constantly being sued because of unpaid wages.There is no work life balance, they expect you to work 70 hours a week plus without being compensated. The pay range is horrible , it breaks down in less than minimum wage.
Pros
People look happy to work here
Cons
In reality everyone hates working here.
Very bad experience!!!
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 20, 2016
Asked to do unethical acts...charge customers for equipment and services that they did not order. Was told to add them and IF the customer discovered them they could be deleted. This is a practice that mangers employed to make their numbers look good. I was told to do it or I would be fired. After several threats, I resigned.
Pros
???
Every man/woman for themselves
NY - Security Advisor/ Installer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 25, 2016
If you love your family kids and Pets don't do it
You will never have time for them.If you like to like to customers then you'll fit right in
Pros
Once a week meeting to discuss accomplishments at home and work at breakfast
Cons
Getting customer cancels gets your fired
Too much change
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2016
New CEO is running Defenders into the ground. Misleading marketing tactics (bait and switch).

Everyday something changes that effects your pay what you can or cannot sell.

New leadership makes poor decisions making your job harder with higher sales goals. its stressful, high pressure and most of the time out of your control.
Overall a good company to work for.
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work included taking about 60 calls a day from customers needing help with various issues. Every day I was faced with different challenges and how to resolve them. I had an excellent manager and great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extremely upset customers and not being able to solve their problem immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job was turning around an upset customer so by the end of the call they had regained their trust in the company.
Terrific Company! Amazing training and job culture but doesn't not reflect out in the field or with management.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2016
Great core values of growth and service. It is something you can get behind. However the negative is although strong core values I believe In, the ability and attractiveness of moving into management is not there. Co-workers are great and strong team. The toughest part of the job is the hours and demand that is placed on you to do well.

What I do enjoy is that fact we are not micromanaged. We are coached and supported to reach the goals set out for us but we are not watched every step of the way. I enjoy this. I am trusted to do my job properly and with excellence and the proof should be in the results. If i am struggling people are always willing to help
Pros
Work by yourself, go at your own pace, able to quickly make a lot of money
Cons
Somethings you cold not control counted against your sales numbers, No work life balance.
Management is not qualified.
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2016
Working up to 19 hours a day, getting away with it because of Florida laws, the pay structure is design to only benefit the company, a complete nightmare everyday and the quality of the equipment is one of the worst in the market.
Great Warehousing Experience.
Customer Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2016
The day to day challenges that came along with this job made it exciting to come to work every day. I was fortunate to work with some very wonderful people during my time with CVS.
productive and great place for work
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
Defender is a family oriented company.
Great support
great management
good for growth and achieving goals
good feeling to protect homes
I learned how to communicate
Very upbeat place to ork, management is truly there to help you.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Defenders was a great company that will pay sales agents GREAT money for their performance, The position was 100% commission based (which scared me at first) but all in all it was better than the average "salary" Because you had an opportunity to choose what you made for the week based on how many sales you closed. The other good thing about this company is there is no cap on what you can earn, Some agents were making 75k a year and more just by simply selling the security systems. The position was totally inbound sales so no cold calling at all which was another plus for me.
Pros
Great earning potential, No cold calling, Goor group of people to work with, management help.
A Salesman Dream Job
Alarm Security Technician Installer and Sales (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 8, 2016
That is all. If you do not meet sales requirements you will be released. There is no work-life home balance. Mangement seems to get replaced a lot.
Cons
No home life balance
Run away FAST!!!!
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
Worst Management I have ever seen.... You will work over 40 hours a week with no OT pay. Please trust me when I say they'll offer you the world and give you peanuts.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Pros
Cool co-workers (non managers)
Cons
Worst job enviroment possible!
Worst place with zero job security
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2016
Management was the worst ive ever worked with, said that if you need anything they'll be there that was BS also they expect you to sell every darn call, say everything is sell able. Not true at all they try and force people into getting security systems. Worst place to work at.
Pros
Cons
job security, short breaks, Worst script
Great Managers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  1787 Momonth St Covington KYAugust 16, 2016
I sold ADT home security systems to residential customers. There have great managers who cheer employees on to do their best work. This is a 100 percent commission job.
Employee and culture focused!
Summer Compliance Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2016
Defenders is one of the most employee-focused companies I've seen. My manager met with me every week to discuss personal, work, health, and financial goals, which is not common with other companies. At Defenders, work doesn't feel like work. We're encouraged to always look for the best solution to help service our business and our company. There was so much I learned working in the compliance department that I'm able to apply in future roles. For example, they taught me new ways to use Excel, which has helped me in many of my classes as I'm completing my degree.

During my entire internship, management and my coworkers were always there to lend a helping hand.

Like my past jobs, the best part of my internship was the people. Culture is everything to me in a company and I definitely saw a strong company culture during my time at Defenders.
Pros
Employee-centric, great management, fantastic culture
great place to work
Home Security Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 6, 2016
As a branch manager you make your own paychecks..

I have nothing bad to say .. great place, great co-workers, good pay, good hours, wish i still worked there lol.

positive enforcement with great individual growth.. never worked for a better company.
Pros
pay, hours, culture
Cons
travel in own vehice
it was a start in sales
Security Advisor Sales (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 17, 2016
helped me get a start in sales. hard work. good money when you make numbers. I wish everyone luck that is still there. I have moved on and am happier.
Pros
good money
Cons
no life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6