DEFENDERS Employee Reviews

Sink or Swim Environment
Security Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2017
Defenders is a sink or swim environment with extreme amount of job turnover. The fact is you'll be working from 6:45am and most days not done until 10-11Pm. You'll not be compensated for all those hours as you're expected to wait on your clients if they do not show.
Pros
Decent Pay Structure
Cons
Long Hours, Burnout Environment, Poor Management
Awesome company to work for !!!
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I feel the best reason to work for this company is the role you play to protect families and make a great amount of money at the same time . This company hold strong to building leaders and right from the back you are . You are put on the fuel by yourself making decisions for families to help protect them.
Breathtaking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 14, 2017
I love working for this company. The pay, and the technology that we use makes my job easier. Everybody supports everybody. Every time I complete installation it's done by the team
Pros and Cons
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2017
The potential to earn is great. The opportunity to help families is great. When you complete a job and have thoroughly protected a family there is a good feeling of a job well done.
exciting
Security Advisor / Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
great company with really great people. great learning and training as well. i made great money although I put in about 60 to 70 hours a week. This is a great company to work for and with.
Working for a purpose
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 11, 2017
It's a brand new experience everyday meeting new faces and going to different places.
It is also very satisfying being able to give people a sense of security at their home and making them feel safe.
September 13, 2017

We are called to grow and inspire leaders who love and serve people. Thank you for being a part of the DEFENDERS team and sharing your experience.

assignments were placed each morning to the tecks by home office, then re assigned by local supervisor to his choice tecs, not the company policy
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Found that I was expected to "Up sale" a minimum of $400 worth of product each week, although I had perfect install rating I did not get the up sales so was released.
Pros
out being with new people each day protecting their home.
Cons
need to sale products that were not of high quality to financially stressed people.
September 13, 2017

Appreciate you sharing. At DEFENDERS we work hard every day to make sure that bad things do not happen to good people.

Long hours/low reward
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Working 3 hours one day and 18 the next, with no work/life balance. Tough to work when you are expected to 'sell' inappropriate solutions and have to be conflicted over ethics versus making a living.
Defenders, a great place to work.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
I get to make a lot of money helping and protecting families. I work with great people and for a company that cares about it's people ... Please get us updated equipment and train the sales staff about what a landline is and it's importance in determining monitoring ...
September 13, 2017

It is great to work with team members who are called to love and serve people. We appreciate you and your feedback.

Good company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2017
Defenders has an inviting, encouraging environment that offers lots of potential for personal growth. It also has compelling work that keeps you engaged at all times.
September 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your analysis. Remember to work harder on yourself than you do on your job!

Excellent
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2017
I absolutely love working at Defenders!! It is such a positive and team oriented atmosphere!! I am so glad I made the decision to join the team! Thank you for the job opportunity!
September 6, 2017

We love having you on the DEFENDERS Team! We appreciate you sharing your enthusiasm.

terrible work place
Security Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2017
not secure they always replace people they do not care about their workers or how long you have been there. they play favoritism especially upper management
Refreshing Start
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2017
The atmosphere here is amazing.
The benefits that are available to the employees for personal gain is honestly shocking, in a good way of course.....
September 6, 2017

The refreshing atmosphere is filled with the buzz of Growth Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants like you. Thank you for contributing to that atmosphere.

DEFENDERS: A Great Place to Work!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2017
Being able to give back to the community. We are given days throughout the year where we can participate in Service Days where we can actively help our community and this is unlike any company I've ever worked at before.
September 6, 2017

DEFENDERS give back. One of the ways DEFENDERS give back is by using the four giving days we get every year. Thank you for sharing and for being a Humble Servant.

A company of Greatness
Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 22, 2017
you get a sense of greatness to help others grow and protect families. You in some ways feel like you work for yourself because of the freedom they give us.
August 23, 2017

“IT’S MY COMPANY!” is how our founder Dave Lindsey wants you to approach every day at DEFENDERS. So if you feel like you work for yourself, that is Great! Thank you for sharing this.

A great place to make a difference
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2017
A culture that mandates self-improvement, fast-paced work environment and a team that values your contributions. We value service and giving back to the community.
August 23, 2017

Growth Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants: These are the core values we identified from those who have been most successful at DEFENDERS. Thank you for sharing your feedback about DEFENDERS culture.

Bad
Security Advisor (Defenders) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46240August 21, 2017
Nothing but lies, they don't take care of employees like they say they do, the company is all about money which they take money away from you & there promises are the worse.
Defenders
Sales (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 18, 2017
Positive environment most of the time......
Great hard working management.....
Opportunity to make a great amount of money.....
Self Development......
August 23, 2017

As our first passion, Self Improvement is an important part of DEFENDERS culture. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

Awesome Sauce!
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2017
It's very easy going, yet you're motivated to work hard. Also the benefits of working here; Charities, PTO/Giving Days, bonuses, etc... are amazing!!!
August 23, 2017

Thanks for spreading the Awesome Sauce! Don’t forget to work harder on yourself than you do on your job.

How to be your best at Defender
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2017
Company goes out of its way to offer bonuses, vacations and benefits to employees. You have an unlimited income. You have the opportunity to treat customers like friends and family
August 16, 2017

That is great advice! Businesses don’t grow, people do. This is why we want you to work harder on yourself than you do your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval