Defense Support Services, LLC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Successfully transitioned former Lockheed department to new joint venture company.
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2014
Manage the day-to-day aviation technical documentation activities that included responsibility of meeting or exceeding department financial P&L objectives (EBIT; ROS); Supervised 7 direct reports who were Team leads of various technical writing teams; Set direction,annual budget, daily communications that included our 40 person workforce in Cincinnati and Saugus, MA, DS2 management, customers and vendors. Responsible for all hiring/reduction-in-force decisions; invoicing the customer on a timely basis; write business proposals for new and follow-on efforts; created and analyzed all new/follow-on pricing efforts including forecasting all cost elements such as labor escalation, overhead, G&A, equipment, software, and travel. Forecast sales, headcount and appropriate ROS profitability. Presented annual employee ethics; revised annual employee performance evaluation that met our business model...We were DS2's first "white collar" department.
Excellent Employer
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXDecember 3, 2013
Great hours, compensation, benefits package. The upper level management team on this specific project had a tough time agreeing and staying on the same page as far as instructions and policies given to employees, but DS2 Corporate was amazing to work for and with.
Pros
compensation, benefits, hours
Cons
management was at times lacking in job qualifications
Production oriented,
Electrician/Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 27, 2013
As an electrician I troubleshot and repaired faults and failures on 8 Black Hawk helicopters. Learned a lot about the non electrical aspect of the helicopter. Management for the most part managed by letting the techs do what they do best. This was the second best work environment for me. The hardest part of the job was not finishing a job when I felt I wanted to be done. (a personal problem) I would say that the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a helicopter take off after fixing a big or complex problem
Pros
Different problem different day
Cons
That kind of work went away
Wonderful coworkers and customers.
Production Control Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXAugust 21, 2012
Working on an air force base proved to be very interesting. I learned so much about civil engineering and how a base runs.I learned that without the craftsmen DS2 could not run smoothly. They are the backbone of this business. I worked very closely with all the craftmen writing them work orders and assuring the customers their problems were getting fixed right away. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and my coworkers.

Want to know more about Defense Support Services, LLC?

Ask a question