Defense Support Services Employee Reviews

no complaintes about this company. good people and good work ethic from most.
Line Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLAugust 19, 2016
multiple shift options, many people willing to trade shifts and a lot of knowledge and people willing to help when asked.
US Navy
DS2 NDI TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 22, 2016
I would encourage all youths with no career path in mind after graduating high school to join the military. The discipline and knowledge you gain while serve your country in priceless.
Good co to work for
Aircraft Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Fast paced work enviroment. some good and some bad workers there. weather is nice. the hangers are old. cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Pros
nice area
Cons
bad managment
Productive Working Environment.
Safety Observer/Quality Control Representative (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 13, 2015
A work environment that is supportive and productive with a proactive union that supports its workers. The core management within the site has a high turnover rate which equates to a disconnect between the leadership and its subordinates. The company at times selects personnel formerly in the senior enlisted corps of the military.
Pros
Morning and Afternoon Breaks, Travel Detachments, Pay Raises.
Cons
Management Politics, No Upward Mobility.
Tight hangar, and a tight crew.
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, New YorkSeptember 1, 2015
Worked in a tight hangar amongst a bunch of grunt-level mechanics. Learned how much I had forgotten, and how much I still have to learn.
Fun workplace with pooltable and gym.
Material Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
It's a nice place to work if you've retired from another job and already have income, i.e. 50+ seniors. However, if you have a family to support, have any ambitions of eventually being more than a grunt or want some place where everyone is treated equally, this is not for you.
Pros
Easy job, laid back, gym.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
Productive and great work environment
Plane Captain (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAMay 16, 2015
I learned how the Navy conducted business. It was a testing facility so it was interesting to see the difference between Cobras and Apaches. Considering how they are similar in some ways.
Pros
Great experience learning the different airframes
Contract company
Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  washington, DCMay 15, 2015
The management is manuplitive and will only side with person whom have been on the contract the longest...even if they are the ones causing the hositle work enviroment.
Food Service
Stock Clerk/Tools and Parts Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 9, 2015
My typical day at work was to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for mental ill patients and drug abuse patients. I learned to have a lot of respect for the mentally ill and drug abuse patients. I also had to maintain patients due to taking breaks and assists other co-workers with help for the particular patient. The hardest part of the job was seeing how hard each patient life was. The enjoyable part of the job was how well the employees got along with the patient.
Pros
Cookouts
Cons
Patients came in really sick
No raise and no advancement
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 30, 2014
DS2 has some of the most incompetent managers I've ever seen. They have no idea what they're doing and management style is poor at best. The work load is ok, but the compensation does not equal what you are required to do. Don't expect a raise, and don't expect to move up in this company.
Cons
Bad Management
Good company.
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CANovember 12, 2014
Naval Aviation contractor. Research and development of new weapons systems.
Pros
Working with Navy aircraft and ex sailors/Marines
Great Company, Fun !
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LASeptember 25, 2014
Work was great. Gained allot of knowledge and skills dealing with different situations and learning many different equipment. Management were great and nice. Really helpful and always wanting to teach quality techniques. Co workers were very fun and easy to get along with. the hardest part was saying good bye when the contract ended.
Good work atmosphere and working condtions
Very good leadership and management (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed the position of Aircraft Mechanic, with DS2. My co workers were dedicated and devoted to performing reset maintenance on the OH 58 I/D KIOWA AIRCRAFT. The teams leads and the Aircraft Electricians and Sheet metal personnel were among the best, and were very knowledgeable on the maintenance to be performed to perform the reset maintenance in a timely manner.
Pros
I enjoyed the time spent at the hangar, and the overtime was great.
Cons
Parts needed to be preform my job and weren't always on hand, and made it very difficult to meet the time constraints to complete the reset maintenance.
Enjoyed working for ds2 !
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 10, 2014
During my employment with DS2, I was a valuable asset to this company, and was very I was truly enthused about reporting for work each and every day. The management was second to none, and the work atmosphere was excellent. The hardest part of the job, was the beginning of the reset maintenance, and the most enjoyable part was finishing the maintenance before the deadline, knowing that my efforts contributed to the Aircraft being done before expected.
Pros
Being part of a team, that completed the maintenace in a timely manner.
Cons
not always having the man power and parts needed to perform my job.
Very Productive, and Great Supervisors
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2014
I Love to work for this company because it was a very short comute. And the supervisors always encoruaged all employees to get to the next step in their lives. Managers always kept us informed of all changes within the company.
Pros
Free Lunches, and Free uniforms
Cons
Short breaks, not enough people to do a job well, not enough equipment.
Great Experience
Avionics Technician III (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAMay 27, 2014
Good location
Great people
Great learning experience
Working three shift maintenance
Productive workplace
Lead Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 20, 2014
Great company to work for. Great benefits. I loved getting paid every week along with receive pre diem. Great co-workers.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work, good compensation.
A-18 Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MCAS MiramarApril 14, 2014
Great place to work with good compensation and benefits. Management and co-workers were friendly and the company was open to employees suggestions through the union.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Contract
great people
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis-McChordMarch 24, 2014
great people but job security was not a promise, I loved doing sheet metal and working on helicopters
Good (at times) company
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 7, 2014
Worked too many hours. Operated forklift, handled stock for various armor projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defense Support Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9