Defense Support Services

Defense Support Services Employer Reviews

Good company.
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Former Employee), China Lake, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: working with navy aircraft and ex sailors/marines
Naval Aviation contractor. Research and development of new weapons systems.
Great Company, Fun !
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 25, 2014
Work was great. Gained allot of knowledge and skills dealing with different situations and learning many different equipment. Management were great and nice. Really helpful and always wanting to teach quality techniques. Co workers were very fun and easy to get along with. the hardest part was saying good bye when the contract ended.
GOOD WORK ATMOSPHERE AND WORKING CONDTIONS
Very good leadership and management (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the time spent at the hangar, and the overtime was great.
Cons: parts needed to be preform my job and weren't always on hand, and made it very difficult to meet the time constraints to complete the reset maintenance.
I truly enjoyed the position of Aircraft Mechanic, with DS2. My co workers were dedicated and devoted to performing reset maintenance on the OH 58 I/D KIOWA AIRCRAFT. The teams leads and the Aircraft Electricians and Sheet metal personnel were among the best, and were very knowledgeable on the maintenance to be performed to perform the reset maintenance in a timely manner.
ENJOYED WORKING FOR DS2 !
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 10, 2014
Pros: being part of a team, that completed the maintenace in a timely manner.
Cons: not always having the man power and parts needed to perform my job.
During my employment with DS2, I was a valuable asset to this company, and was very I was truly enthused about reporting for work each and every day. The management was second to none, and the work atmosphere was excellent. The hardest part of the job, was the beginning of the reset maintenance, and the most enjoyable part was finishing the maintenance before the deadline, knowing that my efforts contributed to the Aircraft being done before expected.
Very Productive, and Great Supervisors
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and free uniforms
Cons: short breaks, not enough people to do a job well, not enough equipment.
I Love to work for this company because it was a very short comute. And the supervisors always encoruaged all employees to get to the next step in their lives. Managers always kept us informed of all changes within the company.
Great Experience
Avionics Technician III (Former Employee), China Lake, CAMay 27, 2014
Good location
Great people
Great learning experience
Working three shift maintenance
Productive workplace
Lead Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 20, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for. Great benefits. I loved getting paid every week along with receive pre diem. Great co-workers.
Great place to work, good compensation.
A-18 Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic (Former Employee), MCAS MiramarApril 14, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: contract
Great place to work with good compensation and benefits. Management and co-workers were friendly and the company was open to employees suggestions through the union.
great people
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis-McChordMarch 24, 2014
great people but job security was not a promise, I loved doing sheet metal and working on helicopters
Good (at times) company
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 7, 2014
Worked too many hours. Operated forklift, handled stock for various armor projects.
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COFebruary 2, 2014
Typical Day includes showing site manager what his job function is. Site and Program manager allows "government over site " to run the site, they dictate who gets promoted and hired. Management doesn't support the employees. They make you take all these ethics class, but its unethical from the top. Hiring based on who you know. Job posting tailored to make sure some people qualify and others don't. Management co-hearses employees to write HR complaints against each other, in hopes of demoting one and promoting the other in a attempt to appease the government.
Weather days, if post is closed..you don't get paid..even though the customer has already paid for the man hour shortages, they gave X amount of dollars, for X amount of people for X amount of days...but if you are sent home for weather or whatever..you use vacation or don't get paid. Highly recommend a Union if you do have to work for them.
Medical/dental/Vision cost more that 200 a week for a family of 4.
Most unethical, poorly ran company I have ever seen. If you can avoid working for them..I highly recommend it.
Analyst
Project Analyst-Supply Systems /Program Management (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Good company, paid well, good culture only as good as the contract is...
Don't work for them.
Collateral Duties Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee), Cherry Point, NCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good amount of breaks.
Cons: work schedule around holidays.
The upper management are nothing but hypocrites. The company spends time training about ethics but then none of the managers have any.
lies, lies, lies
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: lies
Do not waste your time. We had a 5 year contract, the end was near and we were told but both our team lead and the project manger we had a 6 month extension. In the end it was a lie, we pretty much had 43 days to find new jobs.
A typical day at work
F/A18 Aircraft Mechanic II/ Quality Assurance (Current Employee), MCAS Miramar, CANovember 19, 2013
a typical day at consisit of our team lead condicting a maintenance meeting and explaining the tasks on hand. From there each individual picks their job and goes to work. We have no direct supervision because of the level of trust our management has on us working on a multi-million dollar aircraft. We take an hour lunch at 11:00am. after lunch, we continue with our tasks or start on a new one. At around 2:30 we start cleaning are work spaces and get ready for final word of the day. We are off at work at 3:30pm
Prodcutive work invironment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Barstow,CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: was able to be on a military base with real marines
Cons: short breaks and lack of communication
I inventoried military vehicle parts that had been refurbished . I learned what different parts go to HUMMMERS, AAV'S, and tanks from hoods, guns that attach and how to place them in the correct places. The management was ok they would treat us the civilian workers different from the marines on base plus they lost their contract which resulted in my lay off as well as others, the coworkers were excellent and the hardest part of the job was their time management with letting us no if we had to stay after work or other situations and would threaten our jobs if we could not do what they needed on short notice but the best part was meeting different military men from different states with different stories about what they went through and he experience with working side by side with the marines.
Never the same place twice
Lead Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MIAugust 21, 2013
Pros: working with aviation on an air national guard base
Cons: sometimes many fires to put out
This is a government contract, and there are many twists and turns on a daily basis. It defintely keeps me on my toes.
good place to work
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Ridgecrest CAAugust 15, 2013
good place to work. good people to work with. not happy with advancement opportunities. i cant advance because i dont have 10 years experience on a jet even though i recently did the job i was applying for 6 months earlier. seems very unfair to me. i have 14 years total aviation experience.
Great company and enjoyable co-workers
Low Observable F-22 Aircraft Worker (Current Employee), Tyndall AFB, FLJune 8, 2013
Cons: short contract
A great company to work for providing safe and healthy work environment. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and makes the day go by pretty fast. The hardest part of the job is that it is hard to advance in position.
Team Spirited Environment
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 17, 2013
Pros: team players.
Cons: none.
I enjoyed working with the people on the team. I can depend on everyone to complete a mission whether it is time sensitive or not. Plans changes on a regular basis and it is expected. Even with those unexpected changes, my team puts great efforts to complete the mission. When there are decisions made, either everyone agrees or if not, we all talk it over and explain our differences and move forward from there.