Dekalb Health

Dekalb Health Employee Reviews

coworkers are great! management is awful
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), DeKalb Health Auburn, INMarch 29, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: pay, lack of bonus, lack of any appreciation to current employees
Administration and managers are awful. Currently on a pay freeze, yet big promises to new employees so be very careful of misleading information. Alot of good employees have left for very good reasons. Some with several years of employment. Not a good atmosphere at all.
great co-workers
Housekeeping Technician (Current Employee), Auburn, INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: broken promises on advancement
Love working with my co-workers, I think management of housekeeping could use some work. There are a lot of promises made that aren't followed through.
Provides excellent patient care and overall positive working environment.
Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work environment from management to patient care
Cons: downstaffing
This is a very difficult decision to make. DeKalb Health and the Family Birthplace have been the best working experience I have ever had. The staff work together as a team, and staff memebers make giving excellent patient care top priority. Leaving will be difficult, however, moving from the area will make it a very long commute to continue working at Dekalb Health.
DHMG management lacks professionalism, no people skills!
Front office (Former Employee), DHMGDecember 10, 2014
Cons: no breaks, supervisor lacks people skills
Overall management is awful! The DHMG administration and managers do not acknowledge or appreciate the employees they have working for them. Your just a number and if you don't follow the "crowd" they don't want you there. Very little room for advancement. Administration is horrible and do not stand behind their words!!!
A very stressful place to work during my last few years there.
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, INDecember 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no breaks other than lunch which was not paid. benefits drastically reduced.
When I started working at this hospital, I loved it. It was a really great place to work, our benefits were wonderful, and it had a good name in our community, so I was proud to say I worked there. This is no longer the case. Over the last couple of years, I would say about 50 or more long-time employees like myself have been asked to retire if close to retirement age, or fired for some inoculate reason, and in my case, they didn't even put a reason on my termination papers. They gave no reason for terminating me at all. I dedicated my life to them for over 24 years, and until the last couple years, it was worth it.

My most enjoyable part of my job in any of the positions I held was in helping people.
No job stability.
Imaging assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, INSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: small hospital.
Cons: no breaks. limited staff. no employee dedication.
Very poor management that doesn't stand behind their word. No room for advancement. Very political atmosphere.
Team atmosphere
RN for 8 bed ICU (Former Employee), Auburn, INMarch 12, 2014
Pros: small hospital.
Cons: complicated care patients were sent to bigger hospitals to provide for their needs.
Each day in ICU is a learning experience. DeKalb encouraged growth of knowledge and skills.
Management is aweful!!
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Auburn, INOctober 5, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: management
It's a very political place. Your just a number and if you don't follow the "crowd" they don't want you there. Very little room for advancement. Administration is horrible and do not stand behind their words!!!
Treated like family
Surgery Secretary (Current Employee), Auburn, INJuly 17, 2013
DeKalb is a great place to work. Everyone is treated as equals, including the management. You are treated like family there. A typical day in surgery can be slow, or chaotic. Some days the phone is ringing off the hook to schedule surgeries and add on emergency surgeries, and other days there isn't a single phone call.
I have learned a lot from working at the hospital. It has helped me touch up on the terminology since school, and teach me new terminology.