Dekalb Medical Center

Dekalb Medical Center Employer Reviews

Awesome Place to work.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at Coca-Cola. They invested in their employees and encouraged work life balance. If you can get on board, stay on board.
Oncology Unit 30 bed unit
Unit Secretary, Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee), Decatur GaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 30 minutes lunches
Cons: 15 minutes breaks
Oncology Unit , Where I worked as a Unit secretary and a Patient Care Tech (PCT). Evening and Night shift,very busy work place with lots patients , and a overwhelming family and friends that visit daily. Desk duties answering the telephone entering labs and x-rays , chart checking and filing.

As a PCT I did patient care, vital signs,daily weight, turn patient every two hours when need, help the doctors or nurses on a routine bases,my total of patients care was 8 to 10 patients.
Excellent work enviroment
Registered Nurse - Preceptor (Former Employee), GAJanuary 15, 2015
Very professional hospital. They truly care about the patients along with the staff. Your always feeling appreciated.
Good employer.
Staff Registered Nurse - PACU (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: my favorite nursing job pacu
Cons: lacking in employee reteention
I enjoyed working at DeKalb Medical. I left to take a job closer to home to assist with my father's care.
DeKalb Medial is a good employer. they could be more employee proactive. Very little done to retain employees. High nurse to patient ratio. Limited staffing in the evening hours. No support available
for non-English speaking patients.
great learning experience
Clinical Externship (Former Employee), Decatur, GADecember 29, 2014
enjoyed my clinical externship there as an ultrasound student
Flexible and easy to balance work and life.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, GANovember 12, 2014
Dekalb Medical has taught me many skills that i am excited to carry with me throughout my medical career.
Friendly environment to work
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: conveniently located for me
Cons: flexible work schedule
A great place to work, friendly environment and staff. It provides me the opportunity to get involved in the patient care.
Excellent Employer & Internal Advancement Opportunities
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Decatur, GASeptember 25, 2014
It the Best I've experienced thus far....
I do recommend DeKalb Medical Center
Great co workers
Staff Nurse Full Time (Former Employee), Decatur, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great health and wellness
Cons: mangers will lie to keep bonuses for themselves
Great co workers, bad management, no raise…..Every floor has a different report time.
very educational, fun loving caring environment
Emergency Room Medical Technician (Former Employee), Lithonia, GASeptember 11, 2014
working side by side with the er doctors, the nurses caring for all patients.
Busy workplace with emphasis on great patient care
RN. Full (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 21, 2014
It is a very busy community hospital with a strong administrative staff at the helm. There is a lot of diversity among the employees which lends to a culture of cultural awareness and sensitivity. The hardest part is working 12 hour shifts, but the most rewarding is the gratitude from patients after you've helped them through a tough experience.
poor management
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE TECH/ PART TIME GROUP LEADER (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: everything else
they have very poor management skills and they dont care about the over work of their employees
Dekalb Medical is a great place to work
Material Handler III (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benefit such as flex spending ins.and power purchaceing
Cons: limited hours of work, no overtime.
A typical day at work was a happy day a day when things went as expected,with no major issues. I've learned that when we work as a team there is no issue too hard. Management was the most important part of the team, because i believe that great leadership produced great leaders.My co-workers became my family away from home. We loved each other, helped each other at work by making the job easier for each other. The hardest part of my job is expecting others to feel as passionate about our job as i did. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of any day we all went home feeling like a job well done.
fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJune 22, 2014
great team work, offers growth and development. competitive pay among other metro hospitals
highly recomended for staff nursing
Registered Nurse, Cardiac Telemetry (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJune 13, 2014
Staff nursing in a hospital is no joke, and not for the faint of heart. DeKalb seems to be handling the ups and downs pretty well. I work at night, though, so I miss out on much of the day-to-day operations. Overall, if you want a staff nurse job, I would definitely recommend their cardiac unit
good work
RN Mother Baby Educator (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 22, 2014
Fun environment. Excellent management good pay and flexable schedules. overall, a good place to work
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAMay 19, 2014
Great hospital to work for, again, I'd wish not to post a review
It Was Great in the Beginning
Internal Auditor- Revenue Management (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: unfair tactics. many eeoc complaints.
It was a very important contribution conducting day to day audits and monthly defense audits. The pay was great as well the climate. I enjoyed going to work every day. Then the administration changed, jobs became threatened with terms such as "despensible assets". My duties changed to spread sheets and reports. For which I was unaccustomed. There soon became reprisals for reporting the office politics, reprimands and finally, forfeiting over one hundred hours of well earned PTO.
TYPICAL HOSPITAL ENVIRONMENT
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 16, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: incomplete lunch breaks
Working in a physician's practice can be fast paced and stressful at times. Some of the people in management positions are not qualified for their position, lacking both clinical training and proper management credentials. The coworkers are okay to work with, as long as they come to work.
LOCATION
ER /Prompt Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 14, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: no complaints
Excellent staff and very community oriented and educating.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dekalb Medical Center

As far as DeKalb is concerned, da healthier, da better! Beginning as a rural hospital, DeKalb Regional Health System now serves – Read more