DeKalb Medical Employee Reviews

Don't consider working here.
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 28, 2016
If you want a position that is stable, where you can count on your pay, where you will be trained appropriately and treated like a professional. DON'T even consider working at Dekalb. You will not find it there.
For example, the first step in their cost cutting process when a department does not meet it's financial goals (which is calculated bi-weekly) is to cut patient care staff hours. This will be euphemistically called "floating your hours". (This means time off without pay). It does not matter if you are full time, part time or prn, you are expendable. They will promise you nearly anything to get you to take the job, once you are there they do not keep their word and act offended when you call them on it.
Honestly one of the worst positions and biggest disappointments of my career.
Pros
co workers were wonderful
Cons
Dishonest, inept management. Lack of training. Failure to keep promised terms of employment agreement.
Learn from experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 20, 2016
Dekalb medical is a very prejudice underpaid. Disrespectful unorganized organization I have every seen in my life. They work you for pennies, management is unprofessional. And your judged just off who you know not your education. If someone jealous of you. They will not allow you to grow, for the people that are really there to work. The others make it bad for them. It's a bad look. Most the employees are walking out or getting fired because there telling on the crooked staff.
When you clock in you don't stop work until you clock out.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 6, 2016
Dekalb Medical has been a revolving employee who gets injured on the job are not allowed to continue to work the go finding ways to fired you you have to get a lawyer so they can pay your medical bills not worker friendly. The CEO is a nice man but the management he proves is the problem.
Pros
Environmental day luncheon
Cons
Short breaks, 35 rooms to clean with no help.
Productive and fun workplace
My title is Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day was not always typical at DeKalb. Sometimes there was so much work we were lucky to get a break and sometimes there was not so much work. But everyone was always finding ways to stay busy even when we were not busy, like cleaning machines and other things during downtime. I learned so much in my time at DeKalb even after school. I learned most of my techniques and little tips and tricks best after graduation. Management and my co-workers were the best. It seemed like most everyone got along really great at DeKalb and they picked the very best of the best. The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with Surgeons in the surgery rooms. There were certain Techs that enjoyed surgery and were sent there more often, so that when other Techs were sent there they were uncomfortable with the machines and how certain Surgeons liked certain things. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients I helped and the people I worked with.
Pros
Great people to work with.
small lab which is great!
Registered Polysomnography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 22, 2016
Overall great management. Health coverage could be better. More appreciation for employees. But that starts from the top.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not so great healthcare benefits
Just a job
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work but after 20 plus years no room for growth

Management is okay but after years of change it no longer felt like family
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
No Growth
Unprofessioal... A lot has changed
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 12, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dodging gossip, unprofessionalism, mismanagement. Very busy on certain days and you're constantly training, which is beneficial to nursing. I enjoy helping patients and some of the physicians are nice.
Pros
Food discounts, pay rate, location, help with nursing school
Cons
Health insurance is expensive
Care Coordination/Case Management Department horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 26, 2016
The Care Coordination department is less to be desired as a place to work unless they change some of the staff, starting with leadership. What a horrible experience, so glad other top hospitals picked me up. A few of the staff are rude, untrustworthy, back biting, gossip and lack cohesiveness and dont think for a minute your going to get 100% adequate training especially if they think you want their job when you don't. Unfortunately a few bad apples can spoil a whole bunch ...
Pros
Diversity
nice place to work
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 14, 2016
very nice place to work. Management works very well with staff. caring environment. Employees are focused around teamwork.
A great place to work.
Case Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 23, 2016
My fourteen years at Dekalb Medical enabled me to grow and expand my horizons in the healthcare field. The culture is one of compassion and caring for patients and employees. It was my pleasure to work with like minded individuals.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
None worth mentioning.
Fun place to work and vast diversity workers
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 16, 2016
Very productive, busy environment, all types people personalities,
worked independently, team player, short breaks and achieved daily
work and revenue goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Short breaks
No review
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 18, 2016
I started my career here and I really do not remember much from back this far. It was a stepping stone in life and a means of survival for me and my family
I enjoyed the time being at all jobs I have worked for.
EVS Technician (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 3, 2016
A typical day at work is me starting my normal shift duties and getting them done at a manageable time. I learned to always stay focused and calm within a fast paste environment and not to rush. Co-workers are good team players, and there is no hard part of working just to have a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing everyone smiling and thanking you.
Working harder, not smarter
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 24, 2015
Register patients for outpatient test and other services.
Limited advancement opportunities.
Outdated systems and workflow that makes the work harder but not smarter. Co-workers are very helpful and creates a great job moral. Compensation and benefits can be more competitive.
Great place to work.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 7, 2016
Had great time working there. I spent 7 years improving peoples health and fitness. Had a awesome time. Management was amazing.
It's an ok place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 3, 2016
DeKalb Medical is an okay place to work as a bridge or stepping stone to a career. I find it hard to grow as an employee because DeKalb has a huge glass ceiling.
Fun place to work, very multicultural
Staff Nurse, Telemetry unit (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2016
Fun place to work, Very multicultural. Family feel. Lots of learning opportunities. The environment makes you feel valuable, and managers (somehow) are respectful.
Pros
Family feel. Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Very fast paced environment - always short staff
Very patient oriented, great team work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 12, 2016
Triage patients, assisting Doctor with injections, ekg's, ear irrigagation, prior autorizations, submiiting medications for the doctor to the pharmacy via E-prescription, phlebotomy if needed, entering all information into the EMR system. I was crossed trained to work both front and back office, at any given time if someone was ill or had an emergency most likely I would be the one to cover the front desk, where my duties included checking patients in and out, verifying insurance, sheduling and confirming appointsments.
Pros
Good patient care, good team work, great Doctor
Cons
was surgical scrub-didn't like it
Instrument technician in the operating room (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 26, 2016
Was scrubbed in a sterile environment for most of the day. Was not able to go to bathroom since I was scrubbed. I did enjoy working with doctors and nurses.
Pros
good benefits at that time
Cons
scrubbed for long periods
Flexible job, fun staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 11, 2016
Staff always trying to have fun. Flexible and always opportunities for over time and to move up. Busy times vary, but mostly is during the day time.