DeKalb Medical Employee Reviews

you have to decide for youself
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 18, 2017
DeKalb has not gave a raise in the last three years the ceo stole pall the money they cant pay the is bills supplies are hard to come by basic supplies soap, towels,pillow cases etc.... mangers don't physically work when short
Pros
if your in management you will get a lunch and many untimes breaks
Cons
your luckey if you get a break or lunch and it is micro managed
Fun, hardworking people
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 13, 2017
I appreciated working for a group of people who always made patients feel safe. This was the first place I worked where the staff felt like family. There was always something going on to appreciate the staff. The physicians were second to none. I have never developed a better rapport with my physicians as I did working at Dekalb at Hillandale.
Pros
The working environment felt like family.
Cons
Misunderstandings were costly
Not a reliable place for Employment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 12, 2017
Prone to hiring unqualified individuals in management positions. Leaves organization at risk for legal actions. Does not support administrative staff or supporting employees. Benefits are limited and does not help in case of emergencies. Pay is 30% below average for highly qualified individuals.
challenging
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 9, 2017
I've worked varies position throughout the hospital, it gave a different
view of the medical field plus the other departments interaction to provide the best care for the patient.
Good Place/Changes are happening
Revenue Integrity Auditor Educator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 5, 2017
Dekalb has been a small community hospital with lots of growth in the area and change. The community is currently in the growing stages and will need this small hospital to stay on top of the growing community.
I have been able to work with the physicians on all areas of the hospital and the office settings and know they are dedicated to their patients and their well being to stay healthy.
The emergency room was a family oriented workplace
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 3, 2017
I worked in the emergency room as a emergency room Tech. I provided venipuncture draws,EKGs and INT insert . Assisted doctors , PA and nurse during a procedures.
Pros
They provided incentives to the employees to keep up the employee morale
Cons
Overall great place to work.
PCT/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 31, 2017
Convenient location, friendly staff .I enjoyed working here but my salary did not match my performance so I decided to go back to school to advance in my career and gain other employment which will increase my salary.
It was amazing learning experience
Certified Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at this hospital because it gave me a lot of experience necessary to continue my career path and helped to advance me further into my career path.
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for Dekalb. The patients were great and fun to be around. The 12 hour shifts were really draining, but being with the patients made it worth while.
Pros
health benefits and PTO
Progressive hospital.
RN Case Manager/UR/Lead Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 16, 2017
This is a very diverse hospital and have one of the best rehab units in the area. They also have a great women's center, ortho unit and ICU. The LTAC is one of the best in the area.
little communication
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAAugust 15, 2017
Communication from the upper management at the hospital down to the outside physicians group is non-existant. Makes it hard to know if you are doing your job correctly.
I would work prn there again.
Registered Critical Care Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA 30033August 12, 2017
Great team of people. They provided me with prn shifts when I was in need during PA school. I would work prn there again. All members worked together.
Pros
ample shifts
Cons
non
work place
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 9, 2017
Ok place to work, don't agree with the politics, but overall a nice place to work. I love working with patients and some of the employees. the hardest part is seeing the same patients come back over and over for the same thing.
Great Place to Work!!!!!
Senior Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 8, 2017
It is an awesome company to work for!!!
I absolutely love my leadership team and manager. The company provides a great family oriented culture!!!!!!!
easy way to grow
Retail Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 6, 2017
by working in a hospital alone is an awesome way to grow and pretty much experience the good and the ugly, if I had the right ($$) offer i would definitely go back. benefits are amazing as well.
Pros
changes
Cons
short breaks, and disciplinary ways good be a little better
Productive environment to work in
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 4, 2017
Accurately and completely register patients, collect patient financial responsibility, provide receipts to patients. Obtain complete and accurate patient demographic information, select the correct insurance plans and verify Medicare verification Allscripts system. Insurance verification on RevRunner, document imaging system Sovera. Provide service excellence during every patient encounter or when providing internal customer service.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Odd hours to work
Dekalb medical hosptial i think they let alot of they worker go.. they were down sizeing
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 31, 2017
i think they were down sizes also I think the company was laying a few workers off like doctors and nurses but they did have good classes for growth in the company.
Pros
the food at this hosptial was really good and cheap..
Cons
bad boss, need more improvment or better classes for the magner department
productive
Registered Nurse/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 29, 2017
great, friendly, peace of mind. cultural diverisity, high patient satisfaction rate. excellent management, great career growth opportunities. Great staff retention and satisfaction.
Great group to work with in palliative Care.
Palliative Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 28, 2017
My supervisor and colleagues were great to work with in the Palliative Care Service. We were encouraged to develop a good program to assist patients and families cope with end-of-life decisions and make plans. I believe this was very helpful to many families.

My supervisor was very supportive when I had a family crisis.
Pros
Good continuing educational opportunities
Poor leadership
RN staff ED nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 25, 2017
The ED has 2 leaders that are both new to leadership and their skills are below average. The manager is a below average at best with a propensity to show favoritism that's quite obvious and brings down moral. The director is self serving, lacks clinical skills, inconsistent and untruthful, no integrity and a poor example to the staff. I am not sure how these 2 people were able to attain and maintain theses positions, but the fact that 70% of the staff has left since there leadership speaks volumes.
Pros
Staff is phenomenal and nurturing
Cons
Leadership in ED is awful