DeKalb Medical

DeKalb Medical Employer Reviews

HORRIBLE JOB
Security (Former Employee), HillandaleMay 1, 2014
Pros: pay, differential pay, benefits, easy job
Cons: horrible management, short breaks, rumors, unprofessionalism, bullying, harassment
I worked night shift which was okay. Some days were relaxed some days were very busy. Easy job, just walk around checking locks and doors. 12 hour shifts were fine and the pay was good, but management is VERY HORRIBLE! Supervisor sleep on the job, breaking policies. A lot of rumors go around. Supervisor lies and does not help teach the ropes the correct – more... way. No one looks out for anyone. Everyone is after each others neck. Unprofessional co-workers. The only good people there was everyone except security. SECURITY OFFICERS ARE HORRIBLE THERE! – less
WORK PLACE
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: transfer within different areas
Cons: limit on breaks
CROSS TRINING IN DIFFERENT AREAS
MEETING NEW PEOPLE AS FAR AS THE PATIENT'S
productive and fast pace working area
Receptionist (Former Employee), decatur.GAMarch 11, 2014
a typical day at work would consist of my geeting up everyday at 9am typing information in a computer..answering phones.. taking messages.. and filing charts.. management is strick but i like it.. i dont interact with coworkers but they are respectable and so am i. the hardest part of my job is making sure all the information is correct before i put – more... it in... most of the time it is not right.. the most enjoyable part of my job is the stress free enviorment they set for people like myself to come work.. and make a honest living – less
Productive and positive environment to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: positive staff
Cons: bad hours and short lunch breaks
a typical day at work would be to print my schedule and start work immediately. Patients have to be pre -registered and provided with their financial responsibility prior to there appointment.
The most enjoyable part of this job is that you meet different people all the time
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: need for more good nurses
working for Dekalb Medical was fun and enjoyable with some of the registered nurses I was not intimidated to learn more from them and they would always educate me on how to keep advancing my skills. I must say at times our jobs was definitely not easy but the team work was geat throughout the hospital.
A productive and fast pace setting is idea for me.
Clinical Medical Assistant/Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Decatur, GADecember 9, 2013
Impeccable Customer service is my first priority.I enjoy addressing patients questions and concerns. I honor being accountable for my actions. Managing and balancing patients monies is very challenging but important to me. I enjoy working hard for my team and I make sure each day I am working I act as a great team member.
I love my job
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: i love being a surgical tech
Cons: i work with un-happy people
Being a surgical tech at Dekalb medical is very fulfilling.
Management team was for themselves! They're a click team, if you're a part of the team then you're rewarded! They hate for anyone to challenge them on
Patient Access (Former Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: meeting different types of people, and making a difference in someone"s life by lifting a hand.
Cons: the managers, insurance, pay, and atmosphere!
They're very unorganized. Very unprofessional , and there's no team effort they're young people who have no managerial or people skills to enable them to make the right decisions that's suitable for everyone! No confidentiality anywhere! They have a lot of growing to do, and needs to revamp their managers throughout from head to toe! Worse company anyone – more... would want to work for – less
Specialist (Current Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 27, 2013
I am still new to the position and most of my daily activities are centered around one responsibility. The hardest part of this position, thus far, is not being able to completely delve into the many responsibilities of the position I was hired to execute.
very worker friendly place to work
Registered Nurse. (Current Employee), dekalb gaAugust 17, 2013
very good worker management communication. The company was able to work with me during my nursing school days. The schedules are very flexible .
enjoyed my co-workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), decatur gaJuly 15, 2013
worked 3 days a week 12 hours shifts learned new things everyday saw different things and people
Great work/balance with job.
DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 10, 2013
Pros: great nursing managers and physicians
Cons: perhaps a little too conservative.
Many upper management positions changed over last several years.
The job was very exciting and enjoyable
Sales Representative/Hospital Photographer (Former Employee), Decatur, GaFebruary 22, 2013
On a every day basis I got to take pictures of newborn babies, they were so precious, I also learned how to work the digital camera.
My job touched on several different levels, customer service , sales, and caring for the newborn patients.
Productive work environment
Diet Clerk- Work (Former Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: management took a substantial amount of time to complete their duties.
A typical day would include filling in various diet orders while interacting with the catering associates and nurses on a regular basis. I learned to multitask while keeping others calm during very hectic moments. For any company communication between management and those being managed by them is vital. Without such communication the company would decrease – more... greatly in productivity. I saw this issue come up often between management and the catering associates. The most difficult part of this job was helping to regulate the orders given by management and to explain them in a way that was easily understood. I was very good at my job and appreciated for my hard work. I enjoyed helping out and relieving the stress of others as often as I could. – less
Lots to learn
Financial Counselor in Main Admissions (Current Employee), Lithonia, GADecember 9, 2012
When a person walks into my office with a billing concern, a need for payment arrangements, with frustration from being passed around, and I am able to assist them with their concerns or even make them smile, it is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very stressful environment, unfair management practices
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: terrible health insurance plans
This organization needs a strong vision and needs to invest a bit more in their employees.
Productive and educational place to work
Clerical Support (Former Employee), Decatur, GASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: educational
Cons: short contract assignment
Productive and educational place to work just not long enough or permanent assignment.
Nice work atmosphere
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 23, 2012
Job security and managers are willing to help you with any situation,also there is job advancement opportunities.
Great place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur GeorgiaDecember 22, 2011
Wonderful hospital, great nurses and doctors. I loved working in the Emergency room, so many different things I have learned. When it was a true emergency, we all worked together, like a television show.

July 31, 2012

Theres way too many roaches at this hospital...I was actually surprised they passed the state inspection