DeKalb Workforce Development

DeKalb Workforce Development Employer Reviews

Productive Job Workplace
Office Helper (Former Employee), GAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: low pay
I would go to work walk to each office and ask if they needed help with anything or I would supervise who was in the computer lab. I learned filing take a while. The management and co-workers was serious about there work. The hardest part of the job was finding someone to help and the most enjoyable part was when i supervised the computer lab.
A very fun and enjoyable place of employment
Graduation Coach/Mentor (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 15, 2013
I love working with kids esp under priviledge youth who at risk of not living life to their full potential. I enjoy seeing my kids accomplish goals that they and others never thought they would achieve.
Place for advancement
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), DecaturSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: i had the chance to reach out to the students.
Cons: the program was cut short
I've learned everything there is to know about microsoft. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. I was able to communicate with the students about school and everyday life.
Not a good place to work.
EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 22, 2013
This is totally a fear based operation, a very stressful and undermanaged place to work.
Very internal, political job.
Business Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, GANovember 21, 2012
Pros: helping individuals who were unemployed
Cons: did not like the quota system on finding residents jobs in a bad economy
Work consisted of interfacing with contractors doing business with DeKalb County to assist in insuring that they hire county residents under the jurisdictions First Source Ordinance. Also was required to interface with businesses in the community to determine if they had general employment openings avaiable to DeKalb County residents. The hardest thing – more... about the job was that we where required to meet quotas in finding jobs for residents which was difficult to do with the current bad recession in America. The enjoyable part of the job was helping Dekalb County residents with information that enhanced their job search skills (i.e., interviewing, resume writing, dress, etc.) – less
YAYY
Summer Camp (Former Employee), Decatur, GaMarch 5, 2012
Pros: everything cool
Cons: no cons
Everything is great about the dekalb workforce development they help you out with alot of things and if your an teen looking for employment they will help you out alot .