DeKalb Workforce Development Employee Reviews

experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 21, 2017
typical day at work great
what i learned some kids want to b lift alone
management great
workplace culture great
hardest part of the day having to leave the kids
most enjoyable part of the day interacting with the kids and seeing the smiles on their face
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
summer
Administrative Assistant Seasonal/Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
this was my first job. I love the people . I work here every summer and love it they pay 8.00 dollars an hours.the give a monthly marta card
Pros
marta card
Cons
time
Competitive, and friendly environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work, would be to log on to my computer, sign in guests, answer phone calls and answer questions to the best of my ability. I learned how to navigate between Microsoft Word, and Excel. The management was helpful, and patient. The co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was some of the guests, and their attitudes. But, over all I enjoyed every part of my job.
Horrible place, worse job ever
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 26, 2014
Worse job ever, never imagined working with people that lacked professionalism or class. Painful just to write a review thinking of the bad memories. Horrible management despite having some decent staff. Wouldn't recommend an enemy to work here.
Pros
Decent coworkers
Cons
Everything you could imagine wrong about a company, this is it.
A very fun and enjoyable place of employment
Graduation Coach/Mentor (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 15, 2013
I love working with kids esp under priviledge youth who at risk of not living life to their full potential. I enjoy seeing my kids accomplish goals that they and others never thought they would achieve.
Place for advancement
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  DecaturSeptember 12, 2013
I've learned everything there is to know about microsoft. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. I was able to communicate with the students about school and everyday life.
Pros
I had the chance to reach out to the students.
Cons
The program was cut short
Not a good place to work.
EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 22, 2013
This is totally a fear based operation, a very stressful and undermanaged place to work.
Very internal, political job.
Business Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 21, 2012
Work consisted of interfacing with contractors doing business with DeKalb County to assist in insuring that they hire county residents under the jurisdictions First Source Ordinance. Also was required to interface with businesses in the community to determine if they had general employment openings avaiable to DeKalb County residents. The hardest thing about the job was that we where required to meet quotas in finding jobs for residents which was difficult to do with the current bad recession in America. The enjoyable part of the job was helping Dekalb County residents with information that enhanced their job search skills (i.e., interviewing, resume writing, dress, etc.)
Pros
helping individuals who were unemployed
Cons
did not like the quota system on finding residents jobs in a bad economy
Yayy
Summer Camp (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GaMarch 5, 2012
Everything is great about the dekalb workforce development they help you out with alot of things and if your an teen looking for employment they will help you out alot .
Pros
everything cool
Cons
no cons