DEL MAR COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive and Balanced work life
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2017
Good benefits with good management and work life culture.
Can learn new things. however, most of the work is repetitive over time. College has good number of vacations and fixed timings.
Pros
The management is real good
Cons
Salaries can be improved
Awesome
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 25, 2017
It's a nice place to work especially if you are in college. They work directly with your hours and the wages you get are good and help with paying for college.
Management dose not care about the empoleeys
AC/HVAC Controls (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 20, 2017
working at Del Mar College was a night mare, never thing about safety. All ways in a rush to get jobs complete even if safety is out the window. Supervisor is always running around like a chicken with no head
Pros
I hate to work there
Cons
Bad place to work
Excellent College
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 9, 2017
I attended several colleges and Universities and the I can say from experience - the instruction and education offered at Del Mar is tops. I was glad to have an opportunity to adjunct and give back to the college that got my academic career started.
Great experience
Nursing Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Loved the job, except for the cons, laid-back atmosphere, clean environment, very helpful staff, no paycheck for the first month
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lots of paprework without pay, part-time only, no benefits
Review as Teacher Assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Del Mar CollegeJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work. They have friendly staff that is always willing to help you understand procedures or to answer general questions. Be punctual and willing to learn and you will do great here.
Excellent, but low pay at that time.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Del Mar College as a work/study program. I wouldn't mind going back to work there as long as I get paid good. It was the most enjoyable time I've had, but was getting paid little and monthly. The atmosphere was enjoyable.
Pros
No pressure like retail.
Cons
Low pay back then.
Educational / School
Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 3, 2017
This school is a good institution for learning crafts and trades for skilled laborers. Great school with great instructors.
Fantastic People and Place to Work
Title V STEM HSI Peer Science Mentor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2016
Del Mar College has been the best experience of my life with a job. The faculty are so friendly and my boss was an excellent listener and problem solver and always praised her workers for their loyalty. It was an amazing experience in the working world.
Pros
Great Boss
Great workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The opportunity to work for Del Mar was great because I was able to aid people of all backgrounds and ages to pursue and continue their education. My supervisor was great and worked with my schedule.
Great College
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 31, 2015
Awesome place to go for any degree program. Most professors show they really care about their students by working with them on class materials, books, schedules, etc.
Pros
People that work with you
Cons
Not enough Professors
Cleaning Management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Would go in and maintained one building. Would go through a check list of duties for that day. I learned how to use heavy cleaning equipment and operate in a timely manner. I dealt with my immediate supervisor if any questions arose, but for the most part there was little to no supervision involved. The hardest part of the job was if an employee would call in on short notice, I would either find a replacement or I would cover. The most enjoyable part of my job was working and getting to meet staff and other co-workers.
Pros
Okay benefits
Cons
understaffed at times
Del Mar College
Online Adjunct Instructor for English (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 11, 2015
Del Mar College is a joy to work for. My department is extremely organized. They have a committee for everything, but this is a good thing. Everybody knows what they are supposed to be doing, so there is no excuse for not doing it. I have moved from primarily teaching English composition classes to also teaching English Literature 1302. I believe that literature is socially valuable and is an underused resource because America has turned into a nation of nonreaders..
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
nothing I can think of
Awesome experience!!!
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 30, 2015
Really wished it was a permanent job. Loved the environement and being able to make your own schedule! Overall great experience for myself.
Great relaxed workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this company. They were very flexible with my school schedule, sympathetic to my circumstances, and provided me with additional opportunities.

I worked in the Computer Science and Engineering department, and Continuing Education department: I enjoyed the staff in both departments! They were all awesome.

The hardest part of my job was being limited in knowledge of the systems and logistics of the college. I would have chosen it as a career but I'd hate to be tied to a desk. I feel it's something I could retire from, everyone is so friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, the networking possibilities, and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
A lot of information to learn and just little time, lacking this information limits what you can help the student with.
I worked as a computer assistant
Computer Lab Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 10, 2015
I would assist instructor with the students. I learned Microsoft suites. Manage was fine. Co-worker were great to work with. Their really wasn't a hard part. The most enjoyable was that I got to meet people from all walk of life.
Pros
Great benefits, paid tutition and great health care
Cons
That we were on a year to year grant
Friendly Management and co workers
STUDENT LIBRARIAN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2014
Sort of like being around family and friends. I liked how we would do things for every season. Also learned a lot with what every student is learning about.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Horrible place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasJuly 6, 2014
Interacting with students was the most enjoyable part of the job. However, administration and deplorable working conditions made this position untenable. I watched the administration of this college slowly destroy what used to be a top ten nationally ranked community college into a dump.
Pros
Love of teaching
Cons
No benefits for part-time teachers, regardless of length of employment
Dean of Student's Office (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 27, 2014
My day is very productive, I am currently learning new technology on an everyday basis. Management is great and co- workers have become life long friends. The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting the students.
Excitement with Faculty and Students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 4, 2014
Faculty and staff were very close knit. There were no parts of this job that I view as "hard", just busy. I totally enjoyed working with the faculty and chair on all requirements of each semester. I was well-respected by faculty and students.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEL MAR COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval