DEL MAR COLLEGE

DEL MAR COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Awesome experience!!!
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 30, 2015
Really wished it was a permanent job. Loved the environement and being able to make your own schedule! Overall great experience for myself.
Great relaxed workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, the networking possibilities, and relaxed atmosphere
Cons: A lot of information to learn and just little time, lacking this information limits what you can help the student with.
I really enjoyed working with this company. They were very flexible with my school schedule, sympathetic to my circumstances, and provided me with additional opportunities.

I worked in the Computer Science and Engineering department, and Continuing Education department: I enjoyed the staff in both departments! They were all awesome.

The hardest part of my job was being limited in knowledge of the systems and logistics of the college. I would have chosen it as a career but I'd hate to be tied to a desk. I feel it's something I could retire from, everyone is so friendly.
I worked as a computer assistant
Computer Lab Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits, paid tutition and great health care
Cons: that we were on a year to year grant
I would assist instructor with the students. I learned Microsoft suites. Manage was fine. Co-worker were great to work with. Their really wasn't a hard part. The most enjoyable was that I got to meet people from all walk of life.
Friendly Management and co workers
STUDENT LIBRARIAN (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Sort of like being around family and friends. I liked how we would do things for every season. Also learned a lot with what every student is learning about.
Horrible place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasJuly 6, 2014
Pros: love of teaching
Cons: no benefits for part-time teachers, regardless of length of employment
Interacting with students was the most enjoyable part of the job. However, administration and deplorable working conditions made this position untenable. I watched the administration of this college slowly destroy what used to be a top ten nationally ranked community college into a dump.
Dean of Student's Office (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 27, 2014
My day is very productive, I am currently learning new technology on an everyday basis. Management is great and co- workers have become life long friends. The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting the students.
Excitement with Faculty and Students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Faculty and staff were very close knit. There were no parts of this job that I view as "hard", just busy. I totally enjoyed working with the faculty and chair on all requirements of each semester. I was well-respected by faculty and students.
it was a good workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
a typical day at work was the usual eight to three . coworkers were good.
Good place to work and learn
Instructor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working within my fields
Cons: breaks long days
Very good place to work and learn thing about working with different cultures and different personal.
Awesome place to learn
Student (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 10, 2014
The best part of this school is that It teaches you how to work and deal with patients. This school teaches you patient care and how to maintain and work with different ultrasound equipment.
Not bad
Warehouse/Delivery Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Thecoworkers were awesome, nothing to learn... Just follow the paces. Peaceful environment, good times.
Great if family oriented.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 30, 2013
lots of time off . christmas and spring break plus vacation time. Able to take off when child sick.
Productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Career Planning and Placement/Student Services (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was something new every day.
Great place to go to school and work
Student worker (Former Employee), corpus christi, txOctober 28, 2013
Pros: study time, works with hours, fun
Cons: not enough hours
Del Mar is a wonderful place to start your degree! The instructors are nice and have tons of experience. They offer a lot of different resources to help you stay on track and reach your goal. Working with the faculty and staff was a great experience, it gave me an opportunity to experience a professional workplace.
Great place to work while attending college
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiMay 30, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, casual atmosphere
Cons: part time
I was a student assistant in the Financial Aid Department while attending college. I answered phones, filing, faxing, mailings, and assisted in loan counseling session.
Del Mar College Emploment
Computer Technician/Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 2, 2013
Pros: laid back environment, cooperation from management when needing to deal with an issue in your personal life.
Cons: poor management, favoritism, no standards or policies, no room for advancement
Del Mar College, like most jobs has its advantages and disadvantages. There are several nice people here to work with, and it is always nice to be able to help a student. However there is not much room for growth or advancement in the IT department. There are management issues to go along with possible budget cuts and layoffs.
I performed my clinical rotations for Del Mar College.
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: hands on experience obtained.
Cons: nurses not very receptive of students.
The experience was a benefit in that I got hands on experience.
Review
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 4, 2012
Pros: had most weekends off
Cons: because it was a program there wasnt any benefits
I loved working with students and the financial aid applications, I also loved creating flyers for different events, meeting with some of the board who voted for Texas education, taking students on trips to different universities, and helping students complete their scholarship applications. The management was great. I was definetly willing to learn and they also taught me just about everything they know.
Fun place to work and experience gained on the job.
Supervisor - Darin Kotara (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 19, 2012
Pros: excellent learning experience
Cons: little pay and not enough hours
This was a great place to work whilst going to college here. They worked with my schedules, however I was only allowed to work as a part time tech and could not go over. I learned routing and running cables, making my own cables, setting up student labs and maintaining thus by keeping software up to date and making sure printers were connected via the network.