DEL MAR COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The opportunity to work for Del Mar was great because I was able to aid people of all backgrounds and ages to pursue and continue their education. My supervisor was great and worked with my schedule.
Great College
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 31, 2015
Awesome place to go for any degree program. Most professors show they really care about their students by working with them on class materials, books, schedules, etc.
Pros
People that work with you
Cons
Not enough Professors
Cleaning Management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Would go in and maintained one building. Would go through a check list of duties for that day. I learned how to use heavy cleaning equipment and operate in a timely manner. I dealt with my immediate supervisor if any questions arose, but for the most part there was little to no supervision involved. The hardest part of the job was if an employee would call in on short notice, I would either find a replacement or I would cover. The most enjoyable part of my job was working and getting to meet staff and other co-workers.
Pros
Okay benefits
Cons
understaffed at times
Del Mar College
Online Adjunct Instructor for English (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 11, 2015
Del Mar College is a joy to work for. My department is extremely organized. They have a committee for everything, but this is a good thing. Everybody knows what they are supposed to be doing, so there is no excuse for not doing it. I have moved from primarily teaching English composition classes to also teaching English Literature 1302. I believe that literature is socially valuable and is an underused resource because America has turned into a nation of nonreaders..
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
nothing I can think of
Awesome experience!!!
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 30, 2015
Really wished it was a permanent job. Loved the environement and being able to make your own schedule! Overall great experience for myself.
Great relaxed workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this company. They were very flexible with my school schedule, sympathetic to my circumstances, and provided me with additional opportunities.

I worked in the Computer Science and Engineering department, and Continuing Education department: I enjoyed the staff in both departments! They were all awesome.

The hardest part of my job was being limited in knowledge of the systems and logistics of the college. I would have chosen it as a career but I'd hate to be tied to a desk. I feel it's something I could retire from, everyone is so friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, the networking possibilities, and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
A lot of information to learn and just little time, lacking this information limits what you can help the student with.
I worked as a computer assistant
Computer Lab Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 10, 2015
I would assist instructor with the students. I learned Microsoft suites. Manage was fine. Co-worker were great to work with. Their really wasn't a hard part. The most enjoyable was that I got to meet people from all walk of life.
Pros
great benefits, paid tutition and great health care
Cons
that we were on a year to year grant
Friendly Management and co workers
STUDENT LIBRARIAN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2014
Sort of like being around family and friends. I liked how we would do things for every season. Also learned a lot with what every student is learning about.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasJuly 6, 2014
Interacting with students was the most enjoyable part of the job. However, administration and deplorable working conditions made this position untenable. I watched the administration of this college slowly destroy what used to be a top ten nationally ranked community college into a dump.
Pros
love of teaching
Cons
no benefits for part-time teachers, regardless of length of employment
Dean of Student's Office (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 27, 2014
My day is very productive, I am currently learning new technology on an everyday basis. Management is great and co- workers have become life long friends. The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting the students.
Excitement with Faculty and Students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 4, 2014
Faculty and staff were very close knit. There were no parts of this job that I view as "hard", just busy. I totally enjoyed working with the faculty and chair on all requirements of each semester. I was well-respected by faculty and students.
Pros
excellent working environment
it was a good workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 18, 2014
a typical day at work was the usual eight to three . coworkers were good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Good place to work and learn
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 18, 2014
Very good place to work and learn thing about working with different cultures and different personal.
Pros
working within my fields
Cons
breaks long days
Awesome place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 10, 2014
The best part of this school is that It teaches you how to work and deal with patients. This school teaches you patient care and how to maintain and work with different ultrasound equipment.
Not bad
Warehouse/Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Thecoworkers were awesome, nothing to learn... Just follow the paces. Peaceful environment, good times.
Great if family oriented.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 30, 2013
lots of time off . christmas and spring break plus vacation time. Able to take off when child sick.
Productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Career Planning and Placement/Student Services (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was something new every day.
Great place to go to school and work
Student worker (Former Employee) –  corpus christi, txOctober 28, 2013
Del Mar is a wonderful place to start your degree! The instructors are nice and have tons of experience. They offer a lot of different resources to help you stay on track and reach your goal. Working with the faculty and staff was a great experience, it gave me an opportunity to experience a professional workplace.
Pros
study time, works with hours, fun
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work while attending college
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiMay 30, 2013
I was a student assistant in the Financial Aid Department while attending college. I answered phones, filing, faxing, mailings, and assisted in loan counseling session.
Pros
great coworkers, casual atmosphere
Cons
part time
Del Mar College Emploment
Computer Technician/Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 2, 2013
Del Mar College, like most jobs has its advantages and disadvantages. There are several nice people here to work with, and it is always nice to be able to help a student. However there is not much room for growth or advancement in the IT department. There are management issues to go along with possible budget cuts and layoffs.
Pros
laid back environment, cooperation from management when needing to deal with an issue in your personal life.
Cons
poor management, favoritism, no standards or policies, no room for advancement

4.2