Del Monte Corporation

Del Monte Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Food processing plant.
Cleaning Crew Member (Former Employee), Kingsburg, CAMarch 25, 2013
Shift started at six a.m., with the product running twenty for hours five days a week. I learned how the product (peaches) was processed from the field all the way to being canned in the same plant. Management was very helpful and had been working with the company for more than fifteen years. My co-workers were returning seasonal workers who were very helpful since it was my first season. Hardest part of the job was cleaning five lines containing shakers, conveyor belts, work area, slicing machines while line workers were at lunch. I enjoyed how the plant was running twenty four hours, so there was always work to be done.
A solid company with a long history and leading brands.
Associate General Counsel (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: stable employee base and commitment to the company.
Cons: the "cons" are what one would typically expect to find at a company of this size.
Del Monte manufactures and sells leading brands of consumer food products (e.g. Del Monte, S&W and Contadina) and pet food products (Milk Bone, Kibbles N' Bits and Meow Mix). Many employees have been with the company >20 years, which creates a strong sense of ownership and collegiality. The company was acquired by private equity in 2011.