Del Monte Foods

Del Monte Foods Employee Reviews

Del Monte
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Cambria, WIJune 24, 2015
Pros: earn a lot of money
Cons: no summers
The product of this company is great but the management is horrible. They all run around like headless chickens! This is a terrible place to work.
High volume production with a qualtiy focus
Quality Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJune 22, 2015
Pros: Understanding an employees off time and vacation
Cons: A lot of overtime
A high volume pet food manufacturing environment. The business goals and production rates met the needs of the delivery schedules without compromising quality.
productive
Lead SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Former Employee), CAMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
A Day at Del Monte
SHIPPING/RECIEING CLERK (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Every morning I would wake up at six in the morning and be ready by seven in the morning. I started work at eight so I would get there at exactly seven forty everyday. I would get ready and dress up in warm clothing because I would have to enter a cooler in temps. thirty - four degrees between thirty - eight, and fix up broken products into their right set of pallets. Getting close to noon, the truck drivers from Mexico would come in so it was time for Shipping/Receiving. Before the truck drivers park up to the parking space provided, I go inside an office and get the paper information from an office clerk and grab the scanner & put in all in the information that's given. I would then hook in the truck and my partner using the push & pull forklift, he would then enter the truck with me to get it out & I would scan every order letting the company it's good and ready. When all those orders were finished, I would then unhook the truck, clean up my work area, set up pallets for the next products, and all over again.
Strong brands with strong product development team
Division Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: strong brands, supportive cross functional team
Cons: management turnover
Working with National Broker group and National retailers. Lots of support from corporate office, trade marketing group open to new ideas for promotions.

Learned about managing trade spends to increase sales and profits for all parties. Co-workers supportive.

Enjoyed the travel and being in front of the customers. Also liked the analysis piece of managing each retailer.

Hardest part is selling the retailer on the power of the brand vs. cheapest product.
they have exelent program for Techs
Electrical/ Electronic/Mechanical (Former Employee), Hanford, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good program for 401k
Cons: to far to drive for me
Good company to work for, they don't pay the technician enough, what they are worth, but once you show ,what are you capable of what you can do for the company, they will recognize you and take care of you.
Company was around for over 100 years and felt like family
Member of Operations' Leadership Team (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good established company with best practices
Cons: products market's were mature and needed new ideas
Company made good decisions, employees were treated like family and processes were tried and true. Company was leader in their industry.
employees friendly
Processor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 14, 2015
enjoyed my work environment .accomplished extensive job details.
del monte foods
fork lift driver (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: i learnd to drive a whole lot better. and how to revers esaier
Cons: nothing
a typical day at work. i starded by saying hello to the staff in the front office. then i would punch in my card . put my things in my locker be ther 15 minites before it was time to work and have a conversaion with my fellow employies and then i would ask them a couple of questuions of how i was doing .the superviser was a nice guy lets call him ''joe'' he was very helpfull .so was anther coworker that had be working with fork lifts for over 40 years. he would al ways give me helpful tips to drive the forklift the hadest part of the job was reallly nothing it was pertty esay the funest part was that i was getting paid to drive. in total it was one of the best jobs i have had.
Always productive and fast paced
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: very organized lunches and breaks/ taking turns
Cons: seasonal job, not long enough.
Always have different tasks to do at this job site, help is always available as well.
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Warehouse Offie Clerk (Former Employee), Burley, IDDecember 8, 2014
Pros: they gave us a raise each season we returned
Cons: they closed the plant
It seemed like everyone I encountered at the plant genuinely cared about you and appreciated it when you would return year after year, as this was a seasonal job only. I was sorry that they close the plant. There were very few times when the supervisors were on edge, that made it a healthy work environment to work in & around.
Producviatiie and fun work enivorment
Assembler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2014
Weighed, packed, and observed the quality of product to be shipped from the facility.
rewarding
Occupational Health and Safety Tech (Former Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 28, 2014
Go in to work every day without knowing what you will come across.Work injury,dehydration,toxin inhalation
Fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Hanford, CAOctober 28, 2014
"Here is a good work/life balance allowing for employees to spend time with family. Great benefits, opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career
Fun and challenging
Line Worker, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: got run my own machine
Cons: cold
Had fun learning about how to cut and slice the different fruit. Had fun learning a mew machine and challenge to get the product out on time.
Great Job Experience
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 22, 2014
The Job hours are not for people that have families at home. 24hr production with 7 days a week.
Had the opportunity to learn many things during my time there
IT Professional (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 30, 2014
Pros: summer hours, flex-time, casual dress code (jeans).
Cons: you will find it hard to feel a part of the team if your leadership is not in sf.
Good co-workers and nice, friendly office environment. Competent senior management that set a clear course for the future.
Changing Culture
MANAGER, END USER SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2014
Sometimes Change is a good thing, sometimes it's not.
Once was a challenging and exciting place to work with an excellent team.
excellent
Traymore Operator/ Sundry Person (Former Employee), Markesan, WIApril 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working there I would recommend others if they were looking for a job.
Temporary and seasonal
process monitor and tally person (Former Employee), Burley IdahoMarch 10, 2014
The biggest benefits to this company were a raise if you returned for the next season and ease of time off if needed. the hours were long and sometimes longer than 12 hours but the people and bosses were great.

1 2 3