Del Monte Foods Employee Reviews

N/a
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2017
Assembly line workers usually rotate jobs and learn more than one part of the assembly process, including material gathering, construction, quality control, packaging and shipping.
Fast pace work place
Fill/Net technician (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILMarch 17, 2017
Loved this job I got paid great wages loved the people I worked closely with. On the other hand the managers are impossible to work with they are grumpy old men who hate you
Nice facility nice people
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 15, 2017
Worked with a lot of nice helpful people that dont mind helping you if you ask for help or needed a ride home was willing towork with yo if you have any personal issues
it was a learning exspreice
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIMarch 14, 2017
got to learn a lot of machines and how they work.got to learn a lot of diffrent chemices .worked with alot of nice peaple and made lots of friend.they gave lots of rewards for being safe. only down fall was season work wish it was full time work
Different environment
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 11, 2017
A different segment of work. good people, hard work, long hours.
very high levels to meet customers expectations. no work life balance and too many hours at the facility.
Pros
good people
Cons
Hard work stressful at times, but overall good people.
Warehouse Night Foreman (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MD 20794March 10, 2017
I was warehouse foreman. I assisted the manager in the warehouse and receiving and shipping. I did everything from pulling orders,loading unloading trucks and do office work.Overtime was nearly everyday with the holidays being very busy. Hard work but good people to work with.
Pros
Plenty of overtime. Full time work. Good health benefits.
Cons
Very stressfull
Cover Your Butt Environment
Project/Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AR 72761March 8, 2017
Very cutthroat environment, everyone is looking out for #1 and care nothing about creating a enjoyable work environment. Management uses the buddy system to promote or demote people.
Safe work place
Sanitation Worker and fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 7, 2017
The supervisor I had was nice.I liked how the work areas were.Safe work place.Its close to my home.The pay was good and the work hours where good too.
Pros
The supervisor was direct but nice.
Cons
Its not full year .
good income
Quality Assurance Team Member (Current Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 6, 2017
The income was good but you must be ok with being cold while there. The people you must avoid getting personal connected too. You must have a positive attitude and be a loner to survive.
Fun place
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIMarch 5, 2017
Was an intern here and employee were nice and helpful. You will enjoy working here if you want to put in the effort to learn what they need. Management is sociable and outgoing.
productive and fun work place.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Very fun place to work just didnt pay enough. I learned alot and became shiftleader was very sucessful in the work place just needed to make ends meet with my family and bills.
production
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 20, 2017
all the production that had to get done always got done. Everyone got along. It was a work friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was standing all day, but the best was the friends that you made.
Pros
work friendly environment.
Cons
short breaks
Summary
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Work environment was very cold and frigid. We were only allowed one 30 minute break at Del Monte. There was no guaranteed time of when you would be clocking off of work, for example; after finishing all of my days work sometimes I would be forced to finish another person's work or risk termination.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, Working environment
Pay Every Week
Packer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2017
I actually enjoyed this job and would go back to the job if I had too along with recommend the job to others. One of the benefits that I enjoyed the most was getting paid every week.
Del Monte Foods, Inc. was a challenging work experience because the work force's morale was poor.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Management's communication to their subordinates was poor. The workplace culture among the regular employees was poor. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a positive morale among the regular work force.
I learned to manage capital projects more efficiently.
Pros
9 month off season
Cons
3 month production working nights
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 7, 2017
it was okay, job demanded that you be fast on your feet and with your hands as well. Not enough off days were offered. Very cold environment since we handled produce such as fruit and veggies.
Low key during non-processing season but polar opposite during season
FACILITY TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Markesan, WIFebruary 2, 2017
During the non-production season, it is low key and easy going. No rush or immediate requirements for production. Vacation can be taken in hour intervals and not questioned as to why or how often as long you have accumulated said time. However, during the production season, usually mid-June through the beginning of October, the workplace culture changes 180 degrees. Production during this time is the most straining part of the job with 12 hours work days at 6-7 days a week. Employees are not given the opportunity to take vacation time during this time of work.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
12 hour work days during the summer with no chance for vacation time.
great place to work with good environmental
Fruit handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2017
Marshals awesome company. First time i went to shop in store staff were inspired to care about me, helping me to find clothing that i was looking.i hope to be a part of team and provide super service to customers.
Pros
friendly and responsible
Cons
team worker
Del Monte contracts their labor force with exception of managers
3rd shift Area & Hazard Prevention Lead (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 31, 2017
It's a different experience dealing with contract labor because you are not allowed to reinforce good behavior or counsel unwanted behavior; you have to give your argument (if you will) to the contract labor supervisors and hope that they carry out what you need to happen, very weird.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Very low pay, Company is very cheap, no personnel space or even a locker to keep your work at work. You carry it home every day???
fun and smart
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2017
this job lets you advance your skills and your able to move to desired areas of the warehouse. it was efficient good environment.
Pros
frienldy place stress free
Cons
long distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Del Monte Foods. Our community is ready to answer.