Del Monte Foods Employee Reviews

Most often a good job
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARSeptember 19, 2017
Good working environment typically. Some days carried more stress than others.I generally worked 12 hour days but there were times i worked upwards of 20. Management were always respectful even in high stress situations.I enjoyed being able to learn new things daily and being able to give input. We had a very diverse culture. The hardest part of the job was it did get stressful. Deadlines were sometimes nearly impossible but we never missed a deadline.I enjoyed the team aspect the most. I work well with motivated people.
Pros
pay, benefits, team aspect
Cons
transparency
Lots of people with attitude and almost nothing to do with your life
Fruit Cutter (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 15, 2017
It's verry cold lots of people are ex cons who start trouble or argue with their boss they also don't give us days off unless we ask for them and they also denie them wich is why I had to work a whole month straight befor
Pros
Good money
Cons
To many days of work
Productive and fun workplace.
Labor Pool/ Blender (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INSeptember 15, 2017
Del Monte Foods was a good place to work. There are advancement opportunities for those who work hard. Productive and fun place to work. Friendly environment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great place to learn new skills.
Managment is awesome.
Del Monte Foods is well organized.
Feels like a family enviornment.
Del Monte cares more about the quality than quantity.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Na
Bad
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCSeptember 13, 2017
The work conditions were to harsh. The building itself was 38 degrees at all time. Making your feet legs and hands go numb. The pay was also not worth it.
free coffee
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 11, 2017
Free coffee is the only thing I remember about this job that I enjoyed. Some white hats ( plant management) were cool but some just abused their power. Safety is of no real concern to them as the the previous Safety Supervisor would back date eye wash stations, shower stations and change reports in a way that accidents were the fault of the employee and not the fault of the company.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
parking
Management too "friendly" with their people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2017
The culture was non-existent. No one says good morning, or anything. Management was "too friendly" with some of their people, and not all of their team, making it very uncomfortable and you can see who got more perks or had more leniency. It wasn't fair.
Pros
Great location, nice building
Cons
Poor management all around
stressful
Senior Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2017
lack of management and no advancement in career.
3rd party company is very disorganized.
late lunches or no lunches. would hardly ever take a break.
work is stressful
Fruit Sorter (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 31, 2017
Have to work at a fast paces. Have to be back at work at the same time as everyone. Lunch and breaks are required for everyone and bathroom breaks. If someone does not feel well take them to the nurse office.
Pros
If you dont feel good you can go home early
Cons
Hour schedule are not flexible
Resources are scarce
SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, TXAugust 29, 2017
Struggle to find employees to staff all lines, budgets are limited and forced to make trade offs daily. Management does not respond to issues in a timely manner.

Want to know more about Del Monte Foods?

Ask a question
open minded as well multitasking
Food/Produce (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
knowledge of departments and machines in all aspects of company, the company is a serious work environment, long work shifts as well flexible. knowledge and wisdom from elders as well young.
Great work place
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 28, 2017
Show up everyday and you wont regret thing.
working with the finished product was always great. got to have a sense of how hard working and dedicated every employee was.
Fast pace work enviornment with production bonuses.
loader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2017
there is usually product to be thrown out from shipments that have toppled during travel. Dealing with can foods the smell is not very pleasant inside the warehouse but it is climate controlled.
Pros
breaks every couple hours, production bonuses
Cons
smells sometimes not much advancement opprotunity
Demanding job , always on the go .
Crewleader \ machanic (Current Employee) –  Plover WisconsinAugust 23, 2017
I start my day setting up can lines and making sure that everything is going to the right line . I fix the machines that need to be fixed . I have 68 machines to maintain and know how to fix them ... Not a easy job . Give a helping hand to our seasonal help on the machines ... I think the hardest part of my job is doing this job myself when someone has off . Alot of running around and problem solving . I think that's what I learned a lot of . Problem solving ..
Pros
Fixing things and the problem solving
Cons
Doing this job alone . Not getting paid or reconition for a job well done ..
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payables & Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2017
First thing went through all the receipts and gave them to the right people. Spent most of my day working in Oracle and working with the accounting department at Coral Gables Florida. Made sure everything was ready for payment and sent it to the corporate office.
Pros
Fresh fruit
Cons
You were not well compensated for your work.
Enjoyable Environment
Senior Office Clerk / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2017
Worked accounts payable, accounts receivable and shipping and receiving. Occasionally assisting sales team in entering orders. Learned about the different types of produce
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Cold coolers
Productive and fun
Loading and unloading tractor trailers (Former Employee) –  Delaware County, PAAugust 18, 2017
I was a forklift operator I drive in refrigerator and put all my orders for delivering that night before morning once that my boss checks all orders before I put on delivery addresses on them where the stuff is going then I load them in the trailer by forklift
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break health care
a typical day at work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 18, 2017
Del Monte is a factory canning foods and leaned how to work on a line belt sorting peaches, it was hard learning how to get use to the different ways of the belts and not get motion sick but i stuck through, its in a very loud factory, the shift managers are great at teaching you what you need to know and my most enjoyable part about working there is learning new things and the people help you out when needed.
Pros
learning new thing
Cons
working on a line belt
Not fun but productive
Porter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
Didnt like it 8.50 an hour wasnt enough supervisors wasnt showing u much on how da job goes too many things breaking bad maintenance too cold not enough time on break working 12 hour shifts only getting a 30 minute break
Great place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 10, 2017
Good group of people. I've been working there since 2006. They really care about our safety. They're always looking for safer ways to work. I work in shipping and receiving.My boss is great.
Pros
Family environment