Del Monte Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Not the best place to work in but not the worst.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2016
For the most part, I loved the job itself. I was finally doing a job I went to school for (after bouncing around Pittsburgh and Monroeville doing anything but real accounting work) and had thought I had finally found my niche. My dedicated work ethic made me the topic of gossip fodder because a few people thought I was trying to "outdo" them or act like I was better than them and that was never the case. I've had one supervisor that I've had conflicts with because our communication methods and personalities didn't mesh with each other. I'm honestly an easy person to work with and get along with. I don't like to be micromanaged or spoken down to because I don't have a "real college degree" (as some people have looked at my Associate Degree as nothing because I don't have a Bachelor's or a Master's Degree). I've had a great supervisor to work for and others who weren't as great. I've had some wonderful co-workers and some not so great ones. I will admit I don't have any respect for upper managers who don't come to the office to see people more than twice a year (with the headquarters located in California), treat certain departments like they can do no wrong and treat others like nothing they do is right, which is why I answered "No" of the question below of do I approve of Del Monte's CEO.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria and exercise room
Cons
Ineffective management
Interesting job and company
Administrative Assistant to Region Sales Planner (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 7, 2016
Working at Del Monte was a good experience for me, I learned a lot of computer programs and enhanced my job skills by learning tasks on the job
Pros
Fun co workers
Great management
Plant Controller (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 4, 2016
Great managers, great culture of learning and development. You will be challenged at the plant level. You may remain at the plant, but can impact the entire company.
Circling the drain
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 18, 2016
The company was recently purchased by an international food company, and is burdened with large debt and declining sales. Management has responded with layoffs, causing misery for those that remain.
Del Monte - not what it used to be
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Despite the well-known name brand of Del Monte, this company now has many characteristics of a start-up, including extreme cost-saving measures in all areas. The work atmosphere among employees is still cordial and welcoming, but with an increasing tension of "what's next".
Pros
Convenient to BART, company paid parking, good benefits
Cons
Uncertainty of job security at all levels
Very productive workplace.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILOctober 26, 2015
Used a forklift to move product around the warehouse. Learned to be very observant when operating the forklift. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with multiple machines when short handed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other people who liked to get the job done.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
short breaks healthcare
great envoriment
HR Clerk (Current Employee) –  hanford caAugust 24, 2015
manage daily time cards. updateing employees personal info. I have learned how to use to valueable computer softwares. kronos and hur which were used to manage employees daily schdules
Great wellness programs, early Fridays for summer
CSR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2015
Wonderful group of employees, teamwork environment. All products are a staple of America. Health benefits are very good. Pension and 401K.
Del Monte
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Cambria, WIJune 24, 2015
The product of this company is great but the management is horrible. They all run around like headless chickens! This is a terrible place to work.
Pros
earn a lot of money
Cons
no summers
High volume production with a qualtiy focus
Quality Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 22, 2015
A high volume pet food manufacturing environment. The business goals and production rates met the needs of the delivery schedules without compromising quality.
Pros
Understanding an employees off time and vacation
Cons
A lot of overtime
productive
Lead SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  CAMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
A Day at Del Monte
SHIPPING/RECIEING CLERK (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 15, 2015
Every morning I would wake up at six in the morning and be ready by seven in the morning. I started work at eight so I would get there at exactly seven forty everyday. I would get ready and dress up in warm clothing because I would have to enter a cooler in temps. thirty - four degrees between thirty - eight, and fix up broken products into their right set of pallets. Getting close to noon, the truck drivers from Mexico would come in so it was time for Shipping/Receiving. Before the truck drivers park up to the parking space provided, I go inside an office and get the paper information from an office clerk and grab the scanner & put in all in the information that's given. I would then hook in the truck and my partner using the push & pull forklift, he would then enter the truck with me to get it out & I would scan every order letting the company it's good and ready. When all those orders were finished, I would then unhook the truck, clean up my work area, set up pallets for the next products, and all over again.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Strong brands with strong product development team
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Working with National Broker group and National retailers. Lots of support from corporate office, trade marketing group open to new ideas for promotions.

Learned about managing trade spends to increase sales and profits for all parties. Co-workers supportive.

Enjoyed the travel and being in front of the customers. Also liked the analysis piece of managing each retailer.

Hardest part is selling the retailer on the power of the brand vs. cheapest product.
Pros
strong brands, supportive cross functional team
Cons
management turnover
they have exelent program for Techs
Electrical/ Electronic/Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAMarch 13, 2015
Good company to work for, they don't pay the technician enough, what they are worth, but once you show ,what are you capable of what you can do for the company, they will recognize you and take care of you.
Pros
good program for 401k
Cons
to far to drive for me
Company was around for over 100 years and felt like family
Member of Operations' Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Company made good decisions, employees were treated like family and processes were tried and true. Company was leader in their industry.
Pros
good established company with best practices
Cons
products market's were mature and needed new ideas
employees friendly
Processor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 14, 2015
enjoyed my work environment .accomplished extensive job details.
del monte foods
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 12, 2015
a typical day at work. i starded by saying hello to the staff in the front office. then i would punch in my card . put my things in my locker be ther 15 minites before it was time to work and have a conversaion with my fellow employies and then i would ask them a couple of questuions of how i was doing .the superviser was a nice guy lets call him ''joe'' he was very helpfull .so was anther coworker that had be working with fork lifts for over 40 years. he would al ways give me helpful tips to drive the forklift the hadest part of the job was reallly nothing it was pertty esay the funest part was that i was getting paid to drive. in total it was one of the best jobs i have had.
Pros
i learnd to drive a whole lot better. and how to revers esaier
Cons
nothing
Always productive and fast paced
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 16, 2014
Always have different tasks to do at this job site, help is always available as well.
Pros
very organized lunches and breaks/ taking turns
Cons
seasonal job, not long enough.
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Warehouse Offie Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDDecember 8, 2014
It seemed like everyone I encountered at the plant genuinely cared about you and appreciated it when you would return year after year, as this was a seasonal job only. I was sorry that they close the plant. There were very few times when the supervisors were on edge, that made it a healthy work environment to work in & around.
Pros
they gave us a raise each season we returned
Cons
they closed the plant
Producviatiie and fun work enivorment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2014
Weighed, packed, and observed the quality of product to be shipped from the facility.