Del Monte Foods

Del Monte Foods Employer Reviews

excellent
Traymore Operator/ Sundry Person (Former Employee), Markesan, WIApril 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working there I would recommend others if they were looking for a job.
Temporary and seasonal
process monitor and tally person (Former Employee), Burley IdahoMarch 10, 2014
The biggest benefits to this company were a raise if you returned for the next season and ease of time off if needed. the hours were long and sometimes longer than 12 hours but the people and bosses were great.
Productive and good learning experience
Sr. Mgr IT Sys Solution Delivery/Engr Architect (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: bonus based on company preformance
Cons: limited team members
Long work days with limited team bandwidth.

Communication at times was limited and not all parties on same page.

Co-workers were hard workers.
Delmonte was a great place to work. Had input on my duties
Warehouse Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Kingsburg, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: working @ night, small crew of workers
Cons: short breaks, sometimes short lunches, no medical ins.
worked the graveyard shift, very busy checking invoices to see if counts matched. Learned how to move fast in order to keep up with forklift drivers unloading trucks. Management was great, learned a lot from them. My co-workers were great to work with, very helpful. The hardest part of job was trying to check invoices counts while lift drivers were – more... unloading product. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-works. – less
I didn't enjoy the job because i didn't work there for a long time.
Fruit Sorter (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: i know how to can foods when a similar job
Cons: short breaks
A typical day is a boring day. I didn't learn anything besides canning foods and I didn't work there long enough to learn a lot. I really didn't control anything I was working on the line.my co-workers and I worked as a team. I really didn't have a hardest part or enjoyable part of the job because I didn't work there long enough.
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work is that i have alot to do, by dispatching trailer trackers to their destination.
Good company to work for
General Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Lathrop, CAJanuary 22, 2014
They ask you to work hard and sometimes long hours, but you are rewarded with good compensation.
Overall a positive workplace
System Architect / Configuration Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2014
Overall a positive workplace and solid innovative approach to technology.
well balance
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 27, 2013
Really good work environment well balance with employes..
Productive and great dynamics within a team environment
VMI-Analyst/Customer Satisfaction Representative (Former Employee), Lathrop, CADecember 3, 2013
· Generated orders for CRP and processed orders for Non-CRP customers.
· Held responsibility for order accuracy, order lead-time, price and deal application.
· Identified and resolved all customer order issues within the scope and authority of the position.
· Collaborated with finance department in researching customer deductions.
· Ran various reports – more... to analyze customer account history, inventory, turns and service.
· Maintained proactive communication with sales and supply chain concerning customer’s promotional needs resulting in 100% service level for promotional displays without residuals occurring.
· Collaborated with Sales, Compass compliance Analysts as a team to minimize the number of invalid deductions and to analyze specific customer deductions trends/abuses.
· Executed and followed through with Sales on promotions/shipping programs (display pallets, CPU allowance, Direct Store Delivery, Bracket Pricing). – less
Its like working in Mexico, every one speaks spanish
General laborer (Former Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: smells fruity all over the facility
Cons: every one likes to only speak spanish
I only got to work for two(2) weeks, then humiliated by the way I was terminated with out proper notice.
Fun workplace
DMPS Data Recorder (Former Employee), Kingsburg, CASeptember 25, 2013
Del Monte was a great place to work because you were treated great and my co workers were awesome.
Lack of direction
Lead, Security Administration (Former Employee), North Shore PittsburghAugust 28, 2013
Fun place to work. Fellow employees are very nice. Management has a lack of direction for service desk and other IT related projects.
Great Boss & Co-workers
QA Clerk (Former Employee), Hanford, CAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free products sometime, lunch
Cons: fast paced, can be stressful
Have paperwork ready for different departments, order supplies, run reports, check paperwork for errors, put packets together and file
People were nice to work with. Great place to work.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Hanford, CAAugust 20, 2013
I would come into work and I would get on my forklift and I would Load and unload trucks and train trailers. I learned about tomatoes and how they grow, How they are picked. The whole process about tomatoes. I learned how to load and unload trains. My supervisors were kinda of strict on how they wanted things to be done but it wasn't a stressful place – more... to work. My co workers were fine to work with they were all nice and there to do a job. The hardest part was loading and unloading the trains. The most enjoyable part of my job was just working and the environment I was in was nice. – less
Good Job
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJune 19, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
Del Monte has great pay and benefits. They are very strict about following procedures and have a rigid discipline program.
Wet Sort
Wet Sort Fruit Grader (Former Employee), Kingsburg, CAJune 10, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, 40 hours minimum, frequent water breaks
Cons: physical labor
This job was a physical job with hard labor. I stood on my feet all day on a line where a conveyor belt would constantly move at a fast rate bringing peaches for inspection. My duty was to audit the peaches and remove any of the fruit that had bruises, cuts or pits and to remove them for quality control. The management was nice and friendly. My coworkers – more... were friendly and made work go by fast. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for prolonged periods of time, but I enjoyed doing the hard work and meeting new people. – less
A very traditional run company that is still dynamic and fast paced
Sr. Manager Customer Finance (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 4, 2013
Pros: family, traditional orientation
Cons: traditional culture
A 100+ year old company with headquarters in San Francisco. The company has a very traditional culture and is somewhat family oriented. However, the pace is still fast and the people are bright and interesting to work with.
Great company with a very large community feel
Supply Chain and Procurement Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2013
Great management staff giving much leeway and ability to shape the position as one as the job that is needed
Great Company
Consumer Products Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great company, great management
Cons: limited opportunities to advance locally.
This is a fantastic company to work for. They really value the contribution their employees make to the company. Employees are empowered to make decisions. Company invests a significant amount of time and money in employee development; however, local opportunities for advancement are limited.

1 2 3