DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE Employee Reviews

Good experience
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMay 26, 2016
It was a good experience
Learned how production works
Worked with a great team
Very fast paced environment
Learned different jobs
On the job training
Cold work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILMay 10, 2016
You'll go to your assigned area and I'll either be cutting fruit or help putting fruit in the fruit bowls for packaging. Co workers was mainly of Hispanic decent that could speak little to no English. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the disrespectful co-workers and the random management. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with a few co-workers.
Pros
N/A
Cons
1 break, and random management.
Horrible working conditions
Submitted work orders to the manager on duty (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMarch 10, 2016
My years spent with Del Monte, were both good and bad. Unfortunately there were more bad times than good. Its more of a place to work as you find something better for yourself.
Pros
work hours
Cons
Cold
productive
package handler (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJanuary 2, 2016
lifted 50lbs bags of produce and loaded them into a sorting the machine and taking out all rotten produce out before going to the packaging
Cons
short hours and little opportunities to do anything else
Challenfing and exciting work place
Tax Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Worked with great group of colleagues and supportive management.
Employees make the company flow and having a great team to work with makes a typical day at work more enjoyable.
Within my years with the Tax department I have learned how to streamline and work with deadlines on a daily basis.
Worked directly with management to achieve daily workflow.
Good company - but poor management
Payroll Admin (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 13, 2015
Very poor management therefore lack of job security. good experience. you will be able to work independently and share thoughts.
excellent to work for never had problems learned a whole lot, with cash applictions credits, collectionsAwsome Company and excellent to work for
Account Receivable Credit and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  341 sevilla coral gables fl 33134July 31, 2015
excellent to work for never had problems learned a whole lot,
with cash applictions credits, collections
very good managers.
Pros
Cons
gossip poeple
Fun place to work at.
Procurement Expeditor / Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2015
The people I worked with were very professional; however, management can improve on their micromanagement. Overall, it was was a good experience to work for there.
Productive and Strict
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CASeptember 20, 2014
I learned How to Use a Label Printer, how to check the Chemicals on a fruit bin, also how to read an Order report, also how to peel fruit at a fast pace.
Pros
all breaks, new gloves
Productive lots of teamwork
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanger, CAJuly 25, 2014
Del Monte is a very productive facility, the main priority is to meet customer expectations while using safe techniques and food safety.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
healthcare

Want to know more about DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE?

Ask a question
fast paced work environment
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 12, 2014
management is great to work with and everyone is very knowelable in their departments.
Stable company with fair salary compensation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was working in the department I worked in, managers were very professional and easy to work for.
Pros
job security and good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement in the administrative field.
Productive Career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2014
Retail businesses buy merchandise from a variety of wholesalers and sell it directly to consumers. Supermarkets and convenience marts are retailers.
I enjoyed working at Del Monte.
Driver, Dispatcher, Office Work (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 13, 2014
I enjoyed my 10 years with Del Monte before I retired.
I had a great time on the road with my customers and
also in the office with my co-workers. Filling in at
different positions gave me a wide range of experience.
Pros
enjoyed dealing with customers in the field.
Cons
started work at 3 am and sometimes days off weren't together.
This was a very professional place of business.
Tomato Repack Manager and Buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2014
It is a company where I learned a lot about my profession. Being a global company they are updated on new technologies. This is the placed that helped form me into the man I am today.
Pros
was able to bring home fruits, and vegetables for my family.
Crazy schedule and loads of work
Prod Coordinator (Former Employee) –  miami flAugust 13, 2013
learned a lot on the job but the schedule was crazy and some people hard to work with
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
pay low
Productive and fun workplace
Account Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2013
Shipping and receiving. Maintain inventory on a daily basis. Research any inventory problems that may arise due to loading or modification errors. Collect monies from walk up customers. Check in drivers upon their return from deliveries. Make sure that paperwork is completed correctly. Run weekly reports for Office Manager and General Manager. Enter invoice for payments via the Covus system and research invoices that are delinquent. Reconcile monies for bank deposit. Process payroll. Answer multi telephone lines.
Overall Poor effective use of resources,team effort and communication
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Spgs, CAMarch 2, 2013
This particular location has an extreme lack of coordination in every department. From the warehouse, sales and their office. The Sales office is like a shark tank, high cut throat and no teamwork at all. The hardest part was trying to learn a system that everyone kept describing as difficult. Let me judge it on my own, before you start your uncalled for biases about what I need to learn. It totally diminished my morale.There is a high turnover rate in the corporate office so every once in a while, you'll get a nasty email describing something you did was done in error. Yet 90% of the time its them not understanding their job. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. I understand the difficulty of landing a job in this economy, especially if you are looking to grow. There is no space to grow in the Santa Fe Springs Office. Once you learn something management's goal is to keep you there for as long as you decide you actually don't want to be squished into pulp from all the pressure of keeping company secrets. Although my pay was crumby, and my manager promised things they were not able to fulfill, I was able to handle a lot of my family issues that arose during my tenure there.
Cons
2% pay, management, coordination, communication
Great Place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2012
Nice place to work.
Learned many new challenges.
Was able to learned different positions.
It is a global company and has great benefits.
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 6, 2012
It is a company where I learned a lot about my profession. I had the training on all aspects of accounting from journal entries, to audit to financial forecast, consolidations, intercompany accounting, foreigh exchange transactions, variance analysis and much more. Being a global company they are updated on new technologies.

2.7