DEL MONTE Employee Reviews in United States

not profession
production (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILApril 13, 2016
they are not proffessional and cannot keep up with their work. they are very unorganized and the workers are never on task
Always changing departments and learning new skills. Learning new things is one of the traits I enjoy the most.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 29, 2016
- Get on a forklift and start moving loaded pallets to where they need to go
- I learned to be very cautious in a very busy and noisy environment
- I had a different manager just about everyday depending on what department I was working in. But for the most part they were professional
- Some of the co-workers seemed unfriendly but it might of had something to do with working 12 hour shirts 7 days a week.
- Constantly making sure there were no individuals near your forklift as your carefully trying to keep your product stable.
- Getting moved around to different departments where ever I am needed .
Pros
Meeting and talking to different people
Cons
Short breaks
productive place to work
container inspector (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 17, 2015
alot of orders. i learned how to operate machines. management and co workers are fun easy going people. hardest part is learning the codes, then documenting the paper work correctly. most enjoyable part is knowing that i finished my work early with spare time
Pros
great hours
Cons
hot
good work place
general labor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 22, 2015
good place to work for. room for advancement. pay is great if your through company. the only thing is that it is very hot in there.
Hot working environment
Grader (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLAugust 20, 2015
Del Monte has its ups and downs just like any company, It gives you long breaks for a 14 hour shift, how ever it never paid overtime and there were at least 75 hours in a work week with no overtime.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
no overtime
It's a good job
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 11, 2015
I love working for Del Monte
The plant is very clean,The supervisors are very nice
They provide all the safety equipment needed to keep us safe.
The hardest part of this job is looking down at the line.
professional
seasonal worker (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 21, 2015
A professional place to work at, management is great. I like what I do, I like my coworkers. Every one works together. Good seasonal job.
Pros
Working in a professional Environment
Cons
Cant ask for time off
it pays nice but you have to be able to get used to the temperature.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 26, 2015
A typical day there would be like you cutting vegetables all day in the winter.I learned how to concentrate even if there's a lot of distraction,and how to cut vegetables the right way.They have good management they always keep you doing something.My coworkers was mainly Spanish so I really couldn't understand them.The hardest part of the job was not letting the temperature get to you.The most enjoyable part of the job was break time.
Pros
Cons
cold all day
Productive and easy job
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 3, 2015
My work day would go by smoothly. I enjoy working here because the job is not hard at all. I have also met a lot of new nice people at this job.
Good Job
Peeler/ warehouse laborer (Former Employee) –  kankakee ilJune 1, 2015
Del Monte is a good job to have and the people that work there were nice. It is hard work and long hours. I learned how to work in a factory setting.
Okay
Fruit Peeler (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 4, 2015
it was a hard job I was in below freezing temperature peeling fruit but the pay was okay and the job it self was kind of fun. we did not have paid lunches but we did get three breaks throughout the day to compensate how hard we had to work
Promotions are fast
sanitation (Former Employee) –  dallas, txApril 6, 2015
The hardest part of the job was working mainly overnight. I enjoyed working with the employees and the pay was good. A typical day at work would go as follows clock in at 2:30pm, start work, take break, and leave around 3:00am or 4:00am.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Well run established company
Director Inventory Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Del Monte was a well run established company, process were tried and true. Workers felt like family and communication was good throughout organization.
Pros
Well run established company
Cons
Market for products were mature and needed new ideas
Fun motivated team players yummy fruit. and good bosses
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2015
Cold, pleasant , comfortable , fun , motivated clean atmosphere. Hardworking always constant movement and communication . Fun kind respectful . Thoughtful caring. Quality an high performance working going all the time. I enjoyed from when I walked through the front doors the doors to the first face with a smile just ready to get started kind of smile. to all the kind women an me that worked wit me. they were always so kind an giving. I didn't take much for lunch packed one day an one of the Hispanic women noticed it and right away offered me food it was yummy an she had plenty they all were a team . worked hard as team to get job completed everyday
Pros
great environment.
Cons
cold
a good atmosphere with great employees and excellemt management force.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILNovember 17, 2014
fast paced clean environment.
an hand helpfulness with all department heads.
many machines and jobs there to do.
good people to work with and around.
the hardest part was ending the season.
Accounts Payable
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 8, 2014
This job location was to be my place to retire.
I enjoyed the long hours and the diversity of jobs.
The company believed in team work and we all worked together very well.
I have not had more than temp positions since Del Monte and I am willing to do any entry level position and lower wages than I made at a company that paid me top scale to be promoted to a Jr Financial Analyst.
I am ready to go back to the basics of Accounting or any job that I might have the opportunity to work with.
Pros
team work
Cons
gossip
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, TXOctober 3, 2014
It was fun, very routine and very pleasant. I loved going to work everyday. I learned many techniques, skills and department work. The management was great and helped out each others department and communicated well. My co-workers were great, communicated with each other. The hardest part was the long 12 hour night shift and staying awake. The most enjoyable was the pleasant atmosphere and the weekly payday.
Pros
free product samples, multiple breaks.
Cons
long night shift
Del monte
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNSeptember 9, 2014
Working night twelve hour shift was pretty hard but i never gave up. Having a positive attitude and ready to learn more and more about Del Monte was fun.Work was always fun to me i enjoyed been there with my co-workers. I would love to help them out.Especially i loved to clean the warehouse.Having it clean made me feel good about myself, making a clean environment.Supervisors would tell me i did a good job, and it motivated me more and more to do better at my job.
Pros
subway gift cards
Productive place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCAugust 9, 2014
It's a fun easy job but it's working in a freezer. Most Employees are from a different race and does not speak English. You have to learn how to do the job on your own.
Pros
fun
Cons
cold, lack of communication
good place to work
Sanitation Crewleader (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIJuly 19, 2014
great co-workers to work with. they though me alot of the skills that I know. work is very challaging and upbeat.
Pros
good benefits