Del Sol Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place to work at
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 7, 2017
This hospital is a very busy hospital that is on the east side. I was able to grow in my skills. The management is approachable and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was traveling.
Pros
friendly
Cons
structure
unit clerk
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2017
answering phones, provide excellent customer services to our patients and visitors, admitting and discharge patients, help nurses and staff work as a team
Great Place to Gain Experience, Good People to Work With
Emergency Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 23, 2017
Great place to gain experience. Friendly atmosphere, more experienced staff are always willing to answer questions and help. Management is available to speak to when needed
Pros
A lot of experience
Cons
lower pay than other hospitals
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Rapid changing working environment with high expectations in which you will be required to be an innovator and team oriented professional
Medical/Surgical Clinical Rotation
Medical/Surgical Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 18, 2017
I very much enjoyed the fast pace of the floor on which I performed this rotation. I had amazing nurses that were ready and willing to teach me everything I wanted to learn. I appreciated the ability to do hands on nursing.
Do not recommend.
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Management never fostered a trusting relationship with employees. Too many chiefs not communicating with one another. Senior management not accepting accountability for their action.
Fast work place and great experience
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2016
Good teamwork building
Daily challenges with time management, prioritization, organization
skills, learning to deals with good and bad customers and developing
educational instruction and socialization
Pros
Always busy, great learning experience
Cons
Short lunch
Er
Emergency Room, RN (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 8, 2016
I worked in the ER. I am not sure this was the right place for me. I really enjoy patient care and taking my time and getting to know and address the issues my patients have. I did not feel that I had the time and the support to provide the care to my patients that I feel that they deserve. Del Sol is an extremely busy place to work and unfortunatly the actuity is very high and it isnt possible to have that time. I left Del Sol for a position that would allow me the time and pace to serve my patients in a manner in which I feel good about.
Cons
very busy and high acuity
What I learned
Registrar, Patient Account Services (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2016
This place became my life, love the people here... hard work, but very grateful. Management was tough, but fair. Patient care at this hospital was not all that great, however I recently visited Del Sol and my father and family were treated with Care, Integrity, Respect and dignity. This hospital saved my father's life. Truly grateful Thank You!
Very fast paced
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2015
Good hospital to work for, except the pay was bad. At the time I was working there the minimum wage was very low, and a Mcdonald's employee had better pay.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
Management was the worse
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 20, 2015
Work was very busy but very educating and challenging which I loved, Management was very hostile and not supportive at all did not care about their employees only cared about what we looked like on paper. Never got commended only reprimanded. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of job was dealing with management. The best part was working with my co-workers and preforming the work it self.
Pros
co-workers and the work I loved to do
Alwasy busy
Cook II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasAugust 6, 2015
Prepared meals per meal plan, interacted with staff and was able to meet deadlines even when staff was shorthanded.

Stocked the delivery of food supplies in order, minded dates, expiration and proper standards of care.

Updated the inventory and distributed to designated locations.
Unit Secretary
Labor & Delivery Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
This was an extremely busy unit working in Labor and Delivery. One minute everything could be going along perfectly and then the next a mom is needing a stat c-section!! We had our report before the start of work so this always helps with communication. Everyone worked very well together. Management was very good and very easy to work with because at the time my husband was dying from cancer. They were very understandable to my needs. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts, nights because I am not a night person. The staff was very understanding of this also and always seemed to work with me.
Pros
Communication and understanding
Cons
Culture diversities
Productive and energetic workplace
Transporter (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2015
Overall an excellent job of employment with hard-working and dedicated staff. Definitely a fast-paced environment with job advancement opportunities.
Great Hospital
OR Administrative Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is the staff that i work with, we are all a family. I have learned alot since I first started and continue to learn on a weekly basis.Management is great they really try to work with your schedule.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short on staff
Excellent place to work
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 10, 2015
The culture, mission and overall feeling at Del Sol is one of patient centered care. Several exciting projects including telephony, server updates and security.
EEG Technician
EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 1, 2015
The work place felt like home as everyone in my department got along. I was hard working and learned my job quickly. I have gained my medical experience through them for two years. Management had its ups and downs, but overall efficient. The hardest part of the job was learning to handle patients with mental illnesses. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping doctors diagnose their patients.
Pros
PRN
Cons
healthcare
good place to work except for office manager
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed working there most of the employees are fantastic, but the office manager is all for herself not for business. I learned alot since I was new to being a medical assistant.
Pros
free lunches frequently, must take full hour lunch
I worked with a different environment daily.
Project Management, Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2015
I really liked working with the students,different ages, the job was not hard, some times challenging but worth my time.
Pros
some short days
Cons
having to find a schedule when it was slow
First job out of school
Registered Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 15, 2015
This job was my first right out of nursing school. It offered an excellent training environment. I worked here for two years learning the necessary skills to be a critical care nurse. This hospital offered the opportunity to care of trauma patients. I got my TNCC certifications and also my CCRN while at Del Sol. I left for the opportunity to learn new skills and see a different patient population at sierra medical center.
Pros
internship program while still in RN school
Cons
poor pay, no opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Del Sol Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Del Sol Medical Center Reviews by Location