Del Sol Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Management was the worse
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 20, 2015
Work was very busy but very educating and challenging which I loved, Management was very hostile and not supportive at all did not care about their employees only cared about what we looked like on paper. Never got commended only reprimanded. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of job was dealing with management. The best part was working with my co-workers and preforming the work it self.
Pros
co-workers and the work I loved to do
Alwasy busy
Cook II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasAugust 6, 2015
Prepared meals per meal plan, interacted with staff and was able to meet deadlines even when staff was shorthanded.

Stocked the delivery of food supplies in order, minded dates, expiration and proper standards of care.

Updated the inventory and distributed to designated locations.
Unit Secretary
Labor & Delivery Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
This was an extremely busy unit working in Labor and Delivery. One minute everything could be going along perfectly and then the next a mom is needing a stat c-section!! We had our report before the start of work so this always helps with communication. Everyone worked very well together. Management was very good and very easy to work with because at the time my husband was dying from cancer. They were very understandable to my needs. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts, nights because I am not a night person. The staff was very understanding of this also and always seemed to work with me.
Pros
Communication and understanding
Cons
Culture diversities
Productive and energetic workplace
Transporter (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2015
Overall an excellent job of employment with hard-working and dedicated staff. Definitely a fast-paced environment with job advancement opportunities.
Great Hospital
OR Administrative Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is the staff that i work with, we are all a family. I have learned alot since I first started and continue to learn on a weekly basis.Management is great they really try to work with your schedule.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short on staff
Excellent place to work
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 10, 2015
The culture, mission and overall feeling at Del Sol is one of patient centered care. Several exciting projects including telephony, server updates and security.
EEG Technician
EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 1, 2015
The work place felt like home as everyone in my department got along. I was hard working and learned my job quickly. I have gained my medical experience through them for two years. Management had its ups and downs, but overall efficient. The hardest part of the job was learning to handle patients with mental illnesses. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping doctors diagnose their patients.
Pros
PRN
Cons
healthcare
good place to work except for office manager
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed working there most of the employees are fantastic, but the office manager is all for herself not for business. I learned alot since I was new to being a medical assistant.
Pros
free lunches frequently, must take full hour lunch
I worked with a different environment daily.
Project Management, Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2015
I really liked working with the students,different ages, the job was not hard, some times challenging but worth my time.
Pros
some short days
Cons
having to find a schedule when it was slow
First job out of school
Registered Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 15, 2015
This job was my first right out of nursing school. It offered an excellent training environment. I worked here for two years learning the necessary skills to be a critical care nurse. This hospital offered the opportunity to care of trauma patients. I got my TNCC certifications and also my CCRN while at Del Sol. I left for the opportunity to learn new skills and see a different patient population at sierra medical center.
Pros
internship program while still in rn school
Cons
poor pay, no opportunity for advancement
Great fun work place
Labor & Delivery Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Daily patient and infant care. I learned to become a successful charge nurse and work with management. The co-workers were great team workers always open for assignment. the hardest part of this job was not enough employees, however we made the best of it. It was an enjoyable job because the management always had conferences for any shifts.
Pros
management was open for our needs
Not a great place for ancillary
RRT (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2014
This facility is nursing-centric. There is no room for advancement in ancillary departments. The benefits are continually worsening. The loss of our CEO has devastated this area. Ancillary employees are often treated as objects, not people.
Great place to work.
Director of Food Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2014
Del Sol Medical Center is a great place to work. The people are friendly and professional. They provide great quality to the patients that they take care of. Management works together to help others succeed.
Pros
benefits, schedule was 8:00 to 5:00, close to my house
Cons
no cons
Worked with a great Doctor but the company wasnt as good
Scribe (Former Employee) –  el paso txOctober 9, 2014
No benefits, company took very long for background checks, very unorganized, information given was always different.
An Exceptional Place to work
Multi Skilled Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 1, 2014
Acquired an Extensive medical,clerical,social, skills, a busy place to work with lots of help from your co workers,
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 9, 2014
The Pharmacy department at Del Sol Medical Center is very busy and demanding job. I enjoyed the short time that I was working there and the the people I worked with. Working in a hospital environment can be stressful. As a pharmacy technician I had to make sure that the medications that the nurses were requesting were delivered right away. The hardest part of my job was getting use to the hours I was given to work. I had to work both days and evenings, which made it hard for me, and for my family to adjust to.
Pros
made a lot of friends
Cons
hours
Liked the job
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2014
I like working at a hospital but pay was bad. I would ask patients what they liked to eat according to there diet planes.
Bad
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 7, 2014
The experience at Del Sol Medical Center was very disappointing. They need real caring staff for the patients. There is a lot of negligence. Staff does not care about the patients only getting their work done fast.
Friendly
RN (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TexasJuly 21, 2014
OR at Del Sol is fast paced and full of opportunities to learn.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
fun work place