Del Sol Employee Reviews

easy, good job
Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 5, 2016
easy job, was a cashier for a while and then moved to stocker. never had any problems. good place to work, love the co-workers and customers
Pros
easy work
Cons
no healthcare
Fun work place with cultural difference
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 28, 2016
I can say it was a very good experience giving the chance to receive different cultures and appreciate them in a unique way. A typical day would be one sharing the message from the store to clients. The store having it's unique products. My co-workers we're an excellent and fun part of my job; helpful and friendly. The hardest part was when store was completely empty.
okay
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Somerton, AZJune 23, 2016
the place was okay. it was to crowded because of all the wokers that they had and thanks to that we had less hours to work. i didnt like it because we would do our best to keep the store nice and well stocked up and the bosses would just get us in trouble for any dumb thing. it would really help if the bosses appreciated what the workers do.
Pros
the co workers that turn into family
Cons
the bosses
couldve been under better management
Retail Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 10, 2016
this job was a job that everyone has to grow through just to understand and appreciate a good manager. it was very co worker friendly but the company could've ran the store better.
Loved this job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 5, 2016
People were friendly and kind I loved working here a family illness made me resign. Great managers and leaders these people really cared about their employees.
Great educational intern expirience.
Professional Interniship (Former Employee) –  sandy utAugust 3, 2015
Great company to work for. The employees live and breath the business. Work and adventures getting to travel the world was amazing.
Internship was a key reason I was hired after college. Highly recommended
Fun, interesting and exciting place to work!
Small Business Retail Store Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2015
As the owner of this unique retail store I feel that we provided the very best possible customer service to each and every customer who visited our store. You may have entered as a customer but you left as a friend. It was a fun experience.
Pros
Meeting new people from all over the world. Living in an incredibly beautiful city.
Cons
Too far away from my hometown and family.
Horrible
Retail Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 22, 2015
Cool, fun product idea.
however, did not get paid on time and they did not tell us ahead of time that the place was closing down.
Friendly and fun place with a welcoming atmosphere
Retail Employee (Former Employee) –  Bar Harbor, MaineJanuary 11, 2015
As I mainly took the afternoon/night shifts, a typical day at work consisted of arriving at the location and immediately showing every customer who walked through the door how the product worked with one of the Sun Stations set up throughout the store. This continued until closing, where I would rearrange and perform upkeep on product and clean and vacuum the store. The management and my co-workers were all friendly and assisted in my acclimating to the working conditions. Initially the hardest part of the job for me was having to get rid of my quiet nature in order to interact with customers in a personable manner. Once I was able to do this, every day became an enjoyable, fresh experience. The most important thing I learned was how to develop a personable, professional character.
Great atmosphere and company support
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2014
Working at Del Sol was a great experience and been located in downtown San Antonio made my work experience more fun. My duties as the store manager consist from employees schedules to inventory, purchasing, deposits, training and payroll.
With more than three million people visiting our city every year made my job fun and interesting, you can learn so much by talking end helping customers from all over the word, that's what made my job enjoyable and productive.

Want to know more about Del Sol?

Ask a question
Fun working place with great management and hard workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 26, 2014
Win the customer over with your product. Great management that will work around your hours and great coworkers. Up sale as much as possible to make commission.
Pros
Great realationships, pizzia parties, free shows
Cons
Great stores, fun product, easy to sell!
Manager for Absentee owner of franchise location (Current Employee) –  coastal tourist destinationOctober 2, 2013
This is a great job if you love one on one contact with customers. The product really is an easy sell if you give the Demo and let the customer see how the 'color changing' works. Customers come back again and again. However you MUST do the demo to each and every customer or sales will suffer.

Well promoted and thought out concept. The Del Sol company overall has a very positive attitude, presentation and beliefs.

Only downside is working for store owner not the company. Store franchise owner does not attribute sales skills with success of store. Thinks it is only about the numbers of people who come through. Little positive feedback on effort exerted on sales floor.
Sets goals, but very small and inconsistent reward system makes it hard to keep staff motivated. Luckily I have a team that is motivated to make store the best regardless! This keeps it fun.
Pros
fun, customers love it, easy to sell products
Cons
Very small and inconsistent bonus system. Little thanks for job well done.
A time-killer job
Cashier / Meat (Former Employee) –  Wellton, AZAugust 10, 2013
On a day at work half the time I would work the cashier and check people out then when there were no customers I would stock inventory and face inventory then the other half of the time I would wrap meat and price it then I would put the meat on the shelf where its suppose to be. As I was doing this, I learned how to operate the cashier register and how to cut some meats. Management was okay but sometimes I felt as if the manager didn't like me. The co-workers were extremely nice and anytime I needed help they would help me without question that's something I really was pleased with. One of the hardest parts of the job was trying to remember over 75+ codes for the register in a week. I believe the enjoyable part of the job was the stocking because I was truly focused on the task at hand and hardly was worried about time.
Pros
A job that pays
Cons
hardly received any breaks
were to hard with their employees and didn't gave much back.
Tortilleria (Former Employee) –  san luis arizonaAugust 8, 2013
the co workers were awesome but the rules of the company were exaggerated
great products and fun working enviroment!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 31, 2013
a typical day at work would be for me to either open or close that day great each customer that walks in or sometimes stand out of the door and greet people walking by...ask each customer with what they are wanting or looking for and to demonstrate a couple products to them on how they work...such as a t-shirt that's just black and white but once you go in the sun changes to very bright colors...at the end of the day clean up the store count the drawer make a bank deposit and sometimes a change order and do the end of day reports such as ADS AND LY..lock up store and clock out.
Pros
fun place and always new people to meet
Very positive environment for most employees
Inventory (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 6, 2013
Impossible to describe a typical day of work at this company.

Learning a lot about working with people.

Some of the managers seem really out of touch with reality.

Coworkers are absolutely great!

Working with educated managers who don't seem to have much experience is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the person I report to--a wonderful and very honest person!
Pros
Great opportunity to learn
Cons
Some of the managers have honesty issues
Del Sol
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKFebruary 23, 2013
Busy days assisting many customers.
Learned to sell and make customers comfortable.
Awesome place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKSeptember 21, 2012
I throughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a great place to gain experience in the retail industry.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
slow at times