Del Taco

Del Taco United States Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 17, 2015
What I enjoyed most was being able to train and work any station I showed interest in with out limits. Greet company with opportunities for advancement .
Work Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Frisco, TxApril 16, 2015
Although the crew was very friendly, the management was very rude and uptight.
Del Taco in Frisco, Tx
I was injured at work and not once did the manager or staff call to check up on me to see if I was okay. I feel that the job was more mechanic than anything.
great for students
MANAGER (Current Employee), Corona, CAApril 16, 2015
good hours and good pay, easy for students. moved up pretty fast and good for experience. learned a lot pretty fast. I had a great team.
Never answer phone or have work schedules ready
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: none that I can think of
Cons: no communication, favoritism
The team members were nice and friendly, but the manager was never clear about work scheduling and equalizing the work. When I called in to get my schedule it was never ready and the phone lines were always almost never functioning.
very productive
Team member (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAApril 10, 2015
I absolutely loved working here, Great organized company with lots of helping staff. Everyone employed by Del Taco are hardworking, self motivated, loving individuals. I loved the fast paste work , the lunch rush and all the people i encountered while working there.
Long Days
Grill (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: You can sometimes make your own food for breaks.
Cons: Unpredictable schedule, the occasional calls on days when you specifically asked for off ahead of time.
When working in fast food, the schedule is always changing. There have been times when I said that I wasn't available for Mondays and they still scheduled me for Mondays (until I brought it up to the manager and she fixed it), one week you'll be working night shifts, another you'll be working afternoon, and another you'll be working early morning. The managers are always different, somedays there'll be managers who you can talk to and have a good time, others there'll be a manager there who is strict about everything and makes the job almost unbearable. The co-workers are easy to get along with more than the managers, and we cannot clock out until we have finished our assigned duties for our stations; such as making sure our area is clean (including cleaning the grill, the clam shell, and counter-tops), making sure all of the dishes are washed, refilling the food that goes into your area, and taking out the trash. It becomes difficult to do when customers keep showing up moments before you are about to clock out.
friendly co workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 3, 2015
Pros: employee discounts on meals
Cons: taco tuesdays are very busy
very easy job after training,supervisor was very understanding , getting to see all the B.S.U Football players and taking their order
I worked at the busiest store in our district
Grillman/Food Handler (Former Employee), Chino, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Could re-schedule fairly easy if we gave ample notice
Cons: Short breaks, huge work demand with little help given at the most demanding moments
A typical day involved fighting an uphill battle in terms of keeping everything stocked for food supplies and handling orders at the same time. I progressively became better and better at multitasking while on the job (it was never my strong suit, but this job helped me get better). The hardest part of the job was that there were constant stocking shortages on top of a very heavy order load that it was hard to always stock things on time or even finish all the orders in time. The most enjoyable part of the job was no doubt the co-workers. You have to joke and talk in that environment or otherwise you get overstressed by the demands. Being able to communicate in the slower times of the day helped me and my co-workers wind down a little so we could handle the next rush that came our way.
fast fun learning experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 30, 2015
Greeted customers in a friendly manner. Operated cash register and balanced drawer at the end of shift. Handled cash and made deposits. Received payments by cash, checks, credit cards. Issued refunds. Took food orders, served beverages and packaged orders. Kitchen duties: Organized inventory and cleaned backroom storage. Checked shipments for accuracy. Maintained kitchen area clean and sanitized. Complete general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans. Stocked food and storage shelves.
It's ok
Cook, Team Member (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: Bad Location
Del Taco is a overall good place to bring your family for a nice meal the service is awesome and people are friend and will try to help the best the can.
productive and fun
Food Handler (Former Employee), Layton, UTMarch 24, 2015
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: N/A
I always had a good time at work. There was never a dull moment while i was working. My co-workers were very understanding and fun to be around.
Easy and productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discount lunches
Cons: Starting low pay.
a typical day at work for me involved, first clocking in, taking orders if there were people standing in line. Clean the dinning room tables, make sure the trash has been taken out, and any other areas that need to be accessed, I get to them. I learned how to execute orders and deliver food in a good productice manner. The management was always really helpful and understanding the situations and never left you not knowing what to do.
Unorganized
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 23, 2015
Only few people per shift, a lot've multitasking, expected to finish more than possible in a short period of time, it's very stressful for a minimum wage job, not worth it
Had a great co worker that made time fly
Crew member (Former Employee), Tulare, CAMarch 16, 2015
Not a ideal job but it paid the bills, its like the saying goes if you cant handle the heat then get out the kitchen. Very nasty when it came to the drains the smell was unbareable
Great place to work, friendly environment
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: experience, interaction with people
Cons: not enough hours anymore
At work it is always a great day seeing all the everyday customers and being able to talk to them. I have this one couple that know me by name and they always call me the best employee there and that i am always making their day better but it's them that make my day better, it's the most enjoyable part of my day. I love working in this environment with the interaction i get with people, My co- workers are very friendly people and we all get along very well which makes the job an easy and friendlier place to be. The hardest part of the day would probably just have to be when i was working the graveyard shift and i had to clean everything while still making food for the customers. I still enjoy my job, i have learned more about customer service and how to handle money working as a cashier.
Fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
The people there were fun to work with, overall fun experience, busy place always running around everywhere since I did most of the stuff there.
Up tempo, stressful but in a positive way.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMarch 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be to make sure all money is accurate, set up a deployment chart so that each employee is in their most effective position. Also, moving up from a team member to a shift manger I learned a lot about the in and outs of management, such as customer service and having to be accountable for a group of people. My co-workers meant a lot to me, which is a big part of the reason why I almost maintained the job for 2 years. Hardest and most enjoyable part of this job was the customers, I had my "regulars" but I also had those "I am in a horrible mood so I will take it out on your business." customers.
Summary
General Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2015
Its a fun place to work. What makes it better is a i have a good team that works under me and understand what to do, and know how to get the job done.
Fast food
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
this is a ideal hob for someone in high school just looking to make some extra cash this is not a job to make a career out of. u steadily on your feet. rude management and customers.
I hate this place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work with cool people sometimes
Cons: management has they're favorites, understaffed
The management is terrible because they don't care about your personal life they just want you there. Management also has its favorites and will give them the good hours.Most of the time they're understaffed or hire people who don't pull their slack.

1 2 3 4 5