Del Taco

Del Taco Employer Reviews

Good overall experience for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: getting paid
Unfortunately I did not learn a lot in this job. They over hired staff at this time so there wasn't a lot of time or staff to train me to do other things besides cash register.
Another Day At Del
Team Member (Current Employee), La Verne, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off one order per workday, decent hours
Cons: management(not always), wont give you breaks, understaffed
Im a frequent closer at Del Taco, and I have been closing for about a year and a half. The work is not difficult, its just you get overloaded during rush hours when your working window and the front at the same time your trying to get orders out it can be frustrating. More Staff would have this problem. But that leads to another problem Management, though I am not saying all my managers are unfit for their job. Some definitely deserved to be fired or punished though as I have seen many new people scared away after a few days with just working with the wrong manager. If you really need a job Id say get this as with any fast food job, but if possible get a better paying and more respectable job.
Working at Del taco twice, made me realize that food wasn't the line of work I want to be in
Cashier (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: unfriendly management
At first the staff was friendly, but after a while, things began to become stressful and I didn't feel as though I fit in. I tried to keep work life positive, but at times, management made me have a more negative outlook. Harassment, yelling and screaming for no reason and belittling the employees was enough for me by the end. I prefer a more professional environment.
Friendly atmosphere
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 16, 2015
I enjoyed working there for 2 years right out of high school. The job taught me how to work as a team and produce excellent customer service. Management was fair and they worked with my school schedule.
Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLJanuary 5, 2015
I was the sole employee in the marketing department and was responsible for distributing coupons and raising awareness for the newest fast food restaurant. I was required to manage my own hours and report coupon distribution around the area.
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Medford, ORDecember 21, 2014
I learned how to deal with angry customers. Learned how to cook, and prepare food. My co-workers and I always made the best out of our job. While getting everything we need done, we all made the best out of anything. The hardest part of this job was when a customer was unsatisfied. The enjoyable part of our job is how close we all were. It made working together an enjoyable part of our days.
overwhelming but fun and exciting
Cashier, cook, prep (Former Employee), Menifee, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: burning myself on the grill
Working at del taco was a fun fast pace enviroment where i got too meet alot of new people such as friendly, cranky ,angry, smart etc and it was exciting to meet all sorts of different people.
Fast Food working conditions.
Team Lead/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee), Burbank, CADecember 13, 2014
Cons: too much work and not enough pay.
I'm thankful for the opportunity of getting the job, but throughout the time I worked there the management was not in a way to be respected. Cheating, filth, lack of respect, I mean why does one need to lower the time on the timer in a rainy day just so the GM would look good? Overall I had to leave the place it was just tiring mentally and physically. Although the staff was overall great best people I've worked with so far.
Fast Pace
Cashier/Crew (Current Employee), Redlands, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: unpaid break
I have never experienced a boring moment at work. I always have something to do and time goes by fast. I have learned many skills including cash control and customer service. The hardest part of the job would be difficult customers, but the most enjoyable part would most definitely be the customers with great attitude.
Del Taco was a great learning experience.
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 26, 2014
I was a teenager when I started with Del Taco. I was able to become a team lead after being there for a little bit. It taught me responsibility and helped mature me. I believe all teenagers should experience working in a fast food restaurant. I learned a lot and made some good friends along the way.
Good Place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Ogden, UTNovember 24, 2014
The Owner and leaders are very good. The customers are great! I love working with the public.
enjoyedn wroking
Team Member (Former Employee), Yucaipa, CANovember 21, 2014
I really enjoyed working here everything was amazing I was lead drive thru and meeting my times were really good and id always meet them
low pay with no benefits
Counter help, cashier, cook (Former Employee), IrvineNovember 21, 2014
Pros: good cheap food and fast service
Cons: not much room for advancement
Its a good company but has no benefits and unless your a manager it is not really worth staying for a long period of time
Favortism
Food Handler (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: no benifits, anyone over 18 hardly gets a break
Manger to seem to favor certain people, breaks seem to be only for the minors Employee discounts on the clock or off the clock, Easy job to work easy to learn advancement is there, fast paste enviorment makes the day go by fast.alla in all a ok place to work
unorganized
crew member (Current Employee), surprise, azNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no raises
i dont find this job facility organized at all. in 7 months about 30 people quit. no one gets a raise and everyone gets paid the same
It was a job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Placerville, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: good hours, free food, fun staff
Cons: low pay, no benefits
Go in, take orders, do inventory...etc. It was a decent job, hard to have a life outside of the job sometimes, but the hours were good, I made minimum wage but my pay checks were pretty good.
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: customers were great.
Cons: no security
Took food orders and served food orders. collected payment types. management was very caring. co-workers were hard working. No difficulties. Loved to meet new people.
Not again
Team member Part-Time July 2011 (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 5, 2014
New manager took over and took all my hours away from me, he was not coopertive, and wasnt understanding at all
productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Montclair, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
A day at work starts out pretty slow but eventually picks up around noon for lunch, i have a great team to work with especially because we can all communicate well with each other and get our orders out in time to make time.
Well, Del Taco was...
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the breaks, and meeting cool people.
Cons: rude employees and customers, the atmosphere.
It was always very very busy. Hardly ever a break. I learned that fast food employees have a really hard job, and a very fast paced job at that. The management was not good at all. This person favored some over others and treated the others badly. My co-workers were not nice people at all. I think there was 3 that were nice and that's it. All others were extremely rude. The hardest part of the job was when they had me doing front counter, drive-thru, and clean and the same time, by myself. The best part honestly, was going home.

1 2 3 4 5