Del Taco Employee Reviews

productive and easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 22, 2017
This job is pretty chill one of my favorites. They are pretty chill the management and workplace culture is pretty chill too. the most enjoyable part is helping the customers and he hardest is cooking.
Pros
benefits and discount on food
Cons
uniform
stress full
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJuly 22, 2017
started out doing 40 hours a week an ended up only gettind 15 hours in a 2 week period then my position was droped and had to compet with others for hour not to mention the general manager was doing favortisiun and ostly giving away food for free to her family an people she knows it was a stress full inviorment .
Okay
Cook/Drive Thru/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 21, 2017
Cheese okay. They use a hose. Computer complicated, buttons do not mean what they say. Floor ruined, clogged plumbing. No AC, no phone calls. One taco bar. Old food in the storage. Employees leave personal food inside, stolen items, no locks, cameras not used properly, rust, gassy areas, messes not cleaned up.
Pros
Cheese
Cons
N/a
Teamwork was amazing
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
The supervisor was very helpful and prepared me to do my job well. The fast past environment gave me an ideal of how to multi task and problem solve situations systematically.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Long Hrs
Customer-Employee Realations/ Personal Growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 13, 2017
Being a part of the Del Taco team helped me grow building great customer relations, and build a strong team as a manager. Greeting and meeting new faces was one of the perks of the job. Working the lunch hour rush was fun, as it was rewarding to see the team come together and do our best. I always enjoyed the administrative work that came with being a manager.
Pros
Cons
Dont have any
Typical exploitative corporation
Cook (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 13, 2017
I suppose I should preface by saying that I strongly believe any company paying minimum wage is unethical. Del Taco embodies the capitalist disregard for their workers well being. My feelings have been re-enforced by explicit statements from the managers. This company views me as a disposable cog in their machine and nothing more.
Pros
Food quality is good compared to any other fast food franchise.
Cons
Low pay, no scheduling stability, frequently cut hours, no benefits, poor employee discount
typical job
Supervised graveyard shift (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 13, 2017
management didn't care about employees unless you are their family pay was not good benefits are ridiculous food was good that's about the only good thing to say about this company
Fun place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 11, 2017
Everyone was nice. Was an family and playful environment. Opportunity to move forward.Fast pace and group effort workplace. Always new items to master
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Healthcare
Del taco
Del taco team member (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2017
Moving out of first place always got to be on your toes got to be a team working come on time if not call because they will be mad make sure you're communicating
Fun and nurturing enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 8, 2017
Was a great place to work. I learned a lot about how to be in the workforce from my manager and team members. Was very fast passed and enjoyable to go to work.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
never good enough
Good Food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 8, 2017
Good concept with good food, but mismanaged their re-entry into the DFW-Texas Market. Didn't understand the labor market in DFW and routinely understaffed their stores. Leaders sent to Texas were inexperienced in the positions they were given.
productive
Certified Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2017
a lot of internal problems with supervisors and store managers
This is did provide me with work ethic and things to expect in the work force. thank you for the training.
Pros
training
Cons
interenal problems
Best Job Ever
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 5, 2017
Working here was the best experience I ever had. It's a fast pace challenging job for a cashier. You must stay calm and always give the best customer service. Remember to leave home at home and never bring it to work.
Fast pace environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  far west, UTJuly 3, 2017
I work 6 days a week because management isn't the greatest. Training is awful and the work isn't very good. They do pay well compared to most fast food places and they have benefits after a year of work.
Good first job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJuly 1, 2017
It's a great job to start off with. It all depends what store you work at. One store can have terrible management, favoritism, ect. But others have wonderful management you can confide in, and even advance. I've been promoted, and working to get promoted again. No benefits, you can get health insurance, but it's whatever. 10% off food for regular employee, free food for shift leaders. I think everyone should have a free meal.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
No benefits
Fun place really relaxed
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 28, 2017
This place is busy on and off throughout the day but overall has some great workers to train with and get to know. Scheduling is extremely flexible and hours are pretty good.
It's a bad workplace, the manager is taking hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 28, 2017
The general manager underpays managers, takes hours from cashiers as punishment,the manager is never at the store. It's a bad place to work and the staff is always lacking . ALWAYS UNDERSTAFFED
Pros
Nice cooks and nice cashiers
Cons
Bad general manager, never at the store
Good
Certified Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 27, 2017
Loved it from the people the managers and the GUEST I loved seeing new faces. Managers always willing to help out and help you learn. Creating that atmosphere of trust so you can open up with them.
Pros
move up positions
Cons
scheduling
It was a productive work place thats pays
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 26, 2017
Personally the work place wasn't bad, was able to get the hours I wanted and was almost working 40 hrs a week but just wasn't the job I want to work for the rest of my life.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Free lunch
Fast food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 25, 2017
Easy fast paced setting. Do your job and you will be fine. Great job to gain experience in food and costumer service and management was fair and helpful.