Del Taco Employee Reviews

Fast Food
Crew member (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CaliforniaAugust 26, 2015
Good Food, I appreciate feedback but was never given a performance evaluation when I worked for them, I struggled with scheduling because I was given only 2-3 days of work a week.
Productive work place
cook (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Fufilled
Cons: none
Fast paced making Food. Cleaning and preparing in between Rushes. motivated co-workers and management. hardest part of the job is doing it as fast as you can. I learned what goes in each item. The Rushes are the most enjoyable Part of the day.
I walked to work along the lake. I was also working atTaco Bell at the time. I had no insurances, so i had to work two jobs not to live on the street
Cook; Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: motivated; independent
Cons: people of lake elsinore; Churches in the area
I learned not to eat any food on the job.The management and co-workers were from lake Elsinore, and I had just left the men's home. I had lived in Arcadia, Ca. The job wasn't hard; I had worked already in a number of restaurants. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was making it on my own.
Fast Pace Enviroment with Customer Service
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 20, 2015
Fun environment to work in. Friendly co-workers. Very Fast pace at times. Customer Service is the most important aspect, right after meeting number goals in speed of service, making sales for the day, week, year, and setting higher goals each time to excel.The job is fun, and managing great workers is rewarding, making sure they are performing and that there is no complaints and they are rewarded for their excellent performance.
wasnt so productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 18, 2015
the management is awful, there lazy,i seen this one manager pushing a team member what to do, yelling does not slove the problem. unorganized. drive thru is slow, I've waited almost 10 minutes for 3 hard tacos.
productive work flow and great team.
Food Service Worker/Asistant maneger (Former Employee), 7519 Laguna Blvd Elk grove.August 16, 2015
Pros: QUICK ADVANCMENT.
Cons: Paid for any food eatin.
I had a wonderful expierence working for this company, i learned a lot about running a team and manageing money. At first i had a hard time closing at night but after a couple of times it became easy.My favorite part of the job was helping the customers enjoy there stay at Del taco and providing them the ultimate service from our resturant.
sucks
cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: co workers
did not like they are the worst . management likes to mess with ones hours and days off.also they will make you work when sick
management was horrible
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Coachella CaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: management got free lunch
Cons: no health care
The job was fast pace but the management was horrible,we were always short staff and always ran out of inventory.I never worked for a company like this before. With management so bad. It was very unfortunate.
not the best
cashier, (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: discount food
Cons: co-workers and customers
Manager is cool and so are most of the workers, but everyone is pretty shady. I was promise certain hours but they were given away to other people because the manager "forgot" when I sent him numerous texts and wrote letters in his office.
Love stress this is the job for you!
manager (Current Employee), ColoradoAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Half price meals
Cons: Extreme work conditions and ever changing menu
Overall it's not a horrible company to work for, but honestly it's much easier if you have no children and like to put in over 60 hours a week. The stress level of this job is over the top and the change is always happening no matter what else is going on. The pay is not great if you are a crew member and as a leader it's not bad, but there's no pay raises only a profit sharing plan inquire if interested in details. There's medical and dental plus a new opportunity for Aflac as a side measure, so as I said if you have no other commitments this could be the job for you.
Productive and fun place of work
Shift (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Fun people to work with
Cons: No benefits, barley any time off
I love working at Del Taco, but I am looking to further my career outside of the fast food business. They have always worked with my schedule, but I don't have a lot of time to myself, and I wish that I did.
Great place to work, fun loving environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTAugust 10, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: No hours
I loved working at Del taco, the management was wonderful and everyone made you feel like a little family. The only problem I had with it is that I was barely getting 6 hours a week which made it so I had no money.
Understanding
Food Handler/Cashier (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches when working overnight, understanding, and caring
Cons: cannot communicate after medical leave sometimes
understands when medical concerns come up is willing to work with you on your schedule and very polite but restricts employees to go to corporate office to talk to corporate about different problems your having with certain management.
Fast paced and fun enviornment
Team member (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: It was like working with family
Cons: None
Highly organized and independent; able to effectively coordinate tasks to accomplish projects with timeliness and creativity.A dedicated and enthusiastic manager, able to motivate teams to perform at their best in providing excellent service and developing ongoing, profitable client relationships.
Good atmosphere and great people
Team Member (Former Employee), Victorville, CaAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Holiday bounces
Cons: Healthcare
Typical day at work would consist of working the front cash register and drive threw while keeping the dining area clean for our customers .
Ive learned to conduct good customer service in a fast time and preparing food/drinks all at once.
My management was great at there jobs.
I enjoyed my co-workers and made close friendships.
The hardest part of my job id say was not being able to do complete a task if i had a higher responsibility to complete but of course i would get it taken care of as soon as possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new and mastering it.
was an average fast food chain
General Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 1, 2015
wont recommend if you have kids.Advancement is little many in management positions have left.Money was ok but being a 24 hour restaurant post a problem for employees.
not many benifits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTAugust 1, 2015
I had to work very hard and I did not get much money. there are not many benefits. employee 50% lunch discounts. lot of work at night.
Great Experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Moving up.
Cons: Pay.
A typical day would consist of taking orders, making food, and managing team members. I learned how to become an excellent multitask-er and the important parts of being a manager. The general manager was great! He put a lot of trust into me and pushed me to be the best I could be. I loved learning from my co-workers there was a large variety of people that had many different things to bring to the table. The hardest part of the job was learning how to manage a shift of 10-15 people. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming a shift manager.
Fun, Fast paced enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 13, 2015
Working at Del Taco was alot of fun. The employees were great people who were always ready to help anyone. The store was always clean and ready for any rush.
All about the speed in servicing customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 13, 2015
Worked as a cashier and was very interactive with the customers
Co-workers were hard workers