Del Taco Employee Reviews in United States

Cashier
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 11, 2016
A typical day would be very stressful at times but was able to get things done. learned to be fast paced. co workers were positive when new members would arrive.
A working environment to really test yourself
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 11, 2016
Been there for 4+ years already, and well... I enjoy my job, but I have worked late night shifts almost my entire time there. The times as a manager when I ran night shifts (4-12am), I ran my shift well, customers were happy, the store was great! But, my coworkers were unhappy and always reported me to my boss for making them work too hard.
I love the job, getting to handle customers, food, giving others a great experience. Aside from the store maintenance I'd done, from cleaning to fixing damaged equipment, to informing my boss of all these issues even when they have been there for a while, it could have been much worse.
Pros
Free lunch as manager
Cons
No health care, no accumulated paid vacation as manager, etc.
Outgoing and very friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2016
The workplace was always a fun and enjoyable environment. My coworkers were just as great since most were all around the same age. Managers were fun but yet weren't very attentive. Overall it was a great place to work.
Productive, coworkers and I go along well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIAugust 9, 2016
Learned a lot of work ethic, since it was my first job. Didn't get paid enough, but loved all of my coworkers even the management.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Pay
good place to work as a first job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 7, 2016
As your first job this would be a good place to work. they work around your schedule weather it is a personal schedule or for school. this place teaches you how to work and clean and learn the basics of a job.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no medical benefits
A great place to work for younger adults.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2016
I never received a properly training, I was running the store basically by my self with 34 employees, so not fun at all, really bad experience.
nice job for awhile
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 5, 2016
tookdeposit into the bank . did the order for supplies andfood that was need.cleaned and help out the cooks with the orders
Pros
never works alone
Cons
great customer toget toknow
good for starting out
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 5, 2016
Its a good place to work for when your a young adult and just entering the work field. Its fast paced and it makes the day go by really fast.
the management was good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 3, 2016
a typical day at work was just a day. i came got my job done and went home
i learned how to work at a fast pace with no irritation, learned how to operate a cash register, prep food and make orders
management was okay.
my co-workers? well, you know. theres some you like, theres some you dont .but i never let the situation interfer with my job
the hardest part was when i first started. it was my very first job every
the most enjoyable part was clocking out.
Pros
my employee discount
Cons
no breaks at all
Great Company to begin at a young age
Shift Leader (Promoted) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2016
The company exposure to customer service is incredible. Training and training was great to feel capable of doing the job. This helps when you are looking to advance to another position because it helps you deal with people and to be patient with the customer. It also exposes to deal will all sorts of individuals. Company culture is to provide good service.
Pros
Discounts and people
Cons
long hours and picky customers
labor food costs
Shift ManagerShift manager (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 23, 2016
after noon check labor to see where I'm at and what I am facing on sales.. learning the new promo and a new test on the promo management dos the inventory my team co works help with sos and guest service doing the same same thing every day and getting it done the del taco way making shore every guest leaves happy ...and save are labor buy not blowing it
Pros
are company offer use some prizes thats if we make sos or high sales
Cons
making shore were all on the right track threw the day
fast pace
shift leader (Former Employee) –  Temecula Valley, CAJuly 18, 2016
Work days could be pretty crazy, the company can be very unorganized, depending on the manager. Not everyone always showed up for their shift, so I would be left alone to run the store. I was not a manager yet, but I got a small raise for putting in a lot of hours and handling things on my own very well. Some days I didnt mind working on my own because i was able to gain more experience that way. Other days could be very hectic; i would be the only one in the store and it would get very busy.
Pros
i can run the whole shift and everyone would get along
Cons
no benefits and employees didnt like to commit to the fact that they have a job to do
Good working environment, with tasty food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, There was an emphasis on training and following the proper procedures. There is room to grow within the company as it is expanding. For me I was not interested in relocating or this would have been an option. I was located in more of an outer market and growth was slower there. I liked working with my co-workers and upper management because there was a team environment.
Pros
Good work environment, food that was tasty and fresh
Cons
As a gm you are always on call
Managment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 16, 2016
The management was rude at time to the employees. Never on time form their lunch. the crew on the other hand worked really hard and always got their job done.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the other employees
fun work enviroment
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 14, 2016
I was a customer service representative, as well I was their maintenance technician , I would clean up the store on a daily basis as well make sure our store was clean
Pros
good job
Cons
dealt with alot of prejudice folks
Employee scheduling never fit work load
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 5, 2016
The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job. There was not enough interest in training new employees. The call ins were too frequent and often worked more than 12 hours daily.
Good place to work and great workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 5, 2016
Del taco had horrible management, untill new management was taken place. The will hold you longer or shorter then your actual time, depending how busy the facility.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not much benifits
Fun, fast working experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 5, 2016
Working at Del taco was a great work learning experience. It was a very fast pace job. I learned how to multitask and work with different types of people. It was overall a pleasant working experience.
Pros
Great co-workers
Good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAJune 27, 2016
You can make some money, have working, get to talk to customers and enjoy being employed. If you like to focus and have great customer service skills this job is right for you.
Pros
You can talk to people good customer service
Cons
regular amount of breaks
friendly environment, but management needs work
Ca. Team Member-Grill Person (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2016
i was one of the best workers there, but just because i couldnt work the graveyard shift, they started cutting my hours, so i quit/ management needs help, they play favorites.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
most of the time you dont get breaks

2.7