Delano Regional Medical Center

Delano Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Productive and nice enviornment to work in
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Delano, CAJune 9, 2014
A typical day at work is busy and often times its a daily routine. I have learned and grown a lot in my profession.
I loved the people who work here.
Environmental Aide (Former Employee), Delano, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment, friendly staff, strong team work
Everyone is friendly and work hard to help the growth of the hospital. Everyone I worked with took pride in their work, and communication was very important.
It was hard work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Delano, CAMay 21, 2014
Quality and Control for Olives; tested the brine; reports; customer service
DRMC is very family oriented
Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Delano, CAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free courses to enhance educational needs
Cons: not applicable
As the Education Coordinator I support 650 employees with their educational needs. I coordinate all the classes and maintain educational profiles track all nursing and clinical staff certifications to remain compliant. I maintain our certification status through the American Heart Association and maintain collaboration with the Emergency Cardiovascular – more... Care Group from Bakersfield. Monitor new hire competencies and annual competencies. Oversee all Instutional Contract for clinical rotations. Provide a monthey General Orienatation Program for all new hires and schedule an Annual Education fair for all employees. Prepare all documents for our accreditation through HFAP (JCAH).

I have a very open relationship with staff, Leadership Team. Management Team. – less
newbie
LVN, Med/Surg floor and Surgical Pavilion (Former Employee), CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: clique behavior of most staff
started there right after i graduated from the lvn program, worked as a nurse assistant then lvn. Didn't like that employees spoke to each other in different languages right in front of you, extremely cliquish and uncomfortable to work in. Other than that it was fine
Wonderful Medical Facility
Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), Delano, CAJuly 16, 2013
It had a great working environment. Was very hectic and rewarding, considering was a hospital.
Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Delano, CAJune 28, 2012
Pros: friendly employess.
Cons: no raise, low pay..
There starting pay is too low.in 3 years i only recieved 1 raise.
A lot of potential but not really caring about the best for the patients pertaining to social services
LCSW CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Delano, CAJune 18, 2012
Pros: bathroom was clean and equipped
Cons: no breaks, crowded office with no desk space to work, undereducated social service staff
Depending upon who the managers were was the treatment of the licensed staff providing supervision.
The laws were utilized to provide inadequate social services by those titled "social service designees" whom the public are unaware of being trained by a simple website for only a few hours to provide these poor, unsuspecting people with a staff possessing – more... no real experience in social services. The site teaches them a few "buzz words" and they get the job that truly belongs to an experienced MFT or MSW at least.
The job was to provide supervision to these inadequately trained / undereducated employees. It was not real supervision, only a review of notes that were so limited that a lot was being missed in the treatment of the patients.
So, in closing, the 10 hours per month that our state of California deemed "enough" to provide to this population of terminally ill, death and dying situationed population of mostly the Hispanic culture and their suffering families by a licensed clinician, who was not even allowed or had access directly to these poor families was a difficult thing to be involved in. Tried to implement meetings for the possible, future caregivers and for those with long-term, etc problems within dealing with the comatose patients but all efforts were thwarted by some who just did not care and did not want to work that hard.
Sad, but true. You look around you and wonder why mental health is not improving and depression is seemingly growing. This is a prime example of "bandaid care" for a cancerous problem in mental health. – less