Delaware County Community College Employee Reviews in United States

free workplace
I.T Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 26, 2016
Flexible working schedule is totally base on the time you want.

You can ask to shift another working day before 24 hours by letting the superior knows.
Great job.
Peer Technician (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 28, 2016
It was a great environment to work in. My peers and other faculty were amazing to work with. Also, this position gives me great experience for future jobs for my degree.
Good place to work, supportive enviroment
Faculty, Residential Wire, Commercial Wire (Current Employee) –  Marple, PAJuly 13, 2012
Generally I would arrive to work about an hour early to set up the classroom for the day's activities such as lecture or in most cases lab. I firmly believe that the practical ' hands on ' approach to labs is essential to developing the journeyman's skill. I also strongly emphasize code requirements and safety. Perhaps the most difficult part of the job is keeping the advanced students engaged. I generally have these students focus on industrial applications such as 480v systems/motor controls/transformers. The part I enjoy most about the job is that it benefits my knowledge and skills as well as the students
Pros
new facility, plenty of equipment
Cons
commercial wire could use more modern equipment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 17, 2016
They were great and very understanding. Very fun and slow pace environment. Quiet, friendly, and clean environment. Friendly co-workers, friendly boss, and friendly environment.
Great Educational Environment
Adjunct Instructor (part time) (Current Employee) –  Downingtown PaOctober 18, 2015
DCCC is a great educational environment, it has many students who come from a diverse background as well as a number of professors who also come from different walks of life. There are not many opportunities for full time employment. It is a pleasure working with the students watching them grow educationally.
Pros
Influencing the future through education
Cons
Part time employment
Horrible place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  MediaMay 24, 2014
They are a horrible place to work! No advancement possible. Management is sneaky and unethical. They allow the old way of thinking to be the only correct way of thinking! I would not allow my enemy to work for them. Benefits are a joke and so is the pay.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Energetic environment but a tough job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 24, 2015
A person has to be made to work on customer service. I got a lot of angry rude calls. If you are a person who is easily upset or angry DO NOT SEEK THIS KIND OF WORKPLACE. My coworkers were great people. They tried to stay happy and not let the customers affect their day.
I am generally a very happy person, but after a year I could feel myself getting grumpy more often than usual.
Pros
Not a laborious job
Cons
Mentally exhausting
Information Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PaJune 3, 2015
My typical day at work is pretty fun and interesting because i get to work with different type of Engineers and i learn more from them and the work that i am given. I learn more and more day by day because my colleague may be doing something that i might not know about and they would explain me what they are doing and how it works and then i would look more into it to learn it myself. I don't think ive experienced any hard parts about my job but i enjoy working at Delaware County Community College.
community college
Adjunct Professor, Social Sciences (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 3, 2015
A typical community college. It was a good experience. The faculty and student body were amiable and dedicated. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Good environment
Great place to work.
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 30, 2014
DCCC is a great place to work. I have increased my teaching and learning skills as a result of additional training and student interactions. Co-workers and management are very supportive of the professors. The most enjoyable part of the job is turning the educational light bulb on for students and watching them change their perception of their ability to successfully complete mathematics classes. In addition, being joyful and proud of them as they graduate with the degrees for which they have worked so hard to achieve. I am often told that I make an impact on their lives and encourage them to complete the goals they have set.
Pros
provides training for adjuncts throughout the year to gain new skills, supportive management and co-workers.
Productive, Computer Intensive, Stable, Limited Career Movement
Administrative Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 23, 2014
My position in the company was fabulous, but sadly the movement within the company was very limited. If you wanted to move typically it would be more sideways that promotions. Many of the Supervisors have held their positions for 30+ Years and growth is heavily limited being based on community population.
Pros
free lunches, great parties, make your own hours, amaizing supervisor (holly lenker)
Very nice place to work!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAMay 12, 2015
This is an excellent place to work! Very friendly staff and supportive administration. The only difficulty I had was after missing a semester of teaching very difficult to get back in and get additional classes.
productive and fun place to work
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 22, 2015
this job was very convenient to my school schedule. i enjoyed working here while enrolled in school. the staff was fun and helpful. the business was very lucrative and busy at times and i loved it.
my coworkers were very nice and helpful.
Pros
long breaks and discounts
Cons
temporary position not enough hours
Ok if you want to do everything
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 14, 2015
Terrible most days I am the only one working, and when I am not working I get phone calls and emails from the staff that is suppose to be working.
Pros
Holidays Off
Cons
Workload, pay
was a very friendly place to work at. very laid back work environment.
Receptionist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 19, 2013
i helped students with different softwares, directing people to their destination. management was very strict at times. friendly co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was i could read and do my home work when i was free.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
can take 15 minute break only, can't use computer while working even though i was working in a computer lab.
Challenging yet rewarding
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 21, 2014
This position was a temporary opportunity that I decided to take while I was finishing my degree. The typical day would consist of sitting through the main lecture with the professor and the class, and after I would facilitate the classroom for an hour. My duty was to reinforce what the students learned, help them to manage their time and study skills, and help them understand what they may not have picked up on during the class.
fun interesting and enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 16, 2013
it was all around a great place to work because the people were really into helping student with whatever they needed. The best part about working there was getting to meet people from different backgrounds,cultures and ethnicities. The staff is kind and everyone is so eager to help one another. a Very family oriented establishment.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
unless you brought your own food lunch was too expensive
Tutor
Anatomy and Physiology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Tutoring students enrolled in classes at DCCC. You must have an A to become a tutor. Typical day includes taking walk-in appointments for tutoring. You pretty much work alone. The hardest part of the job is having to tell students that you cannot do their homework or their projects. I enjoyed helping people achieve their dreams.
Learning experience
Student Lab Assistant Level II (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 31, 2013
College experience with great exceptation wonderful place to learn and find yourself.
Pros
team player, ability to work hard to help others, able to learn a skill
Cons
not perfect human being i am able to make mistakes also willing to fix.
An excellent place
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Media, PADecember 30, 2014
A typical day is quite comfortable to work.
Co-workers are very friend.
Before finals is the hardest time.
The most enjoyable part is you are allowed to use computers or do personal stuff when you are idle.

Delaware County Community College Reviews by Location