Delaware County Community College

Delaware County Community College Employer Reviews

Productive, Educational Experience
Front Desk Receptionist for Testing Center (Current Employee), Media, PADecember 20, 2013
A typical day at work consists of me getting there at 8:00AM and opening the Testing Lab. I would start by getting all of the computers (~50 of them) up and running and have them ready for testing. I am in control of the front desk, meaning I am the first person the students see and speak to when they come in for testing and I am the one to get them – more... set up and ready to go. I also push every new student to sign up for College Planning, which is a session where the students learn about getting through college successfully, study habits, schools to transfer to, and classes to take. Throughout the workday, I also make sure that my supervisor has everything she needs at all times.I learned that school workers and administrators work very hard to make the college as good as it can be for the students which leads to both the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with distressed students because a lot of the time there could be a problem with their test or their assigned testing date and some of students do not put up with it which leads to a lot of anger on their part. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting and interacting with a large amount of students throughout my work day. For every not-so-nice student, there is 10 very nice ones who are a pleasure to meet and running into them around the school after work is a pleasant experience. – less
Personable and Professional
Adjunct Professor of English Composition (Current Employee), Exton, PANovember 15, 2013
The staff and administration at DCCC clearly care about what they do: helping students to succeed.
Work Study
-Allied Health and Nursing Department (Former Employee), DCCC in MarpleNovember 4, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Enjoy working with staff...I work here in 2009 in the summer.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!
Adjunct English Professor (Current Employee), Media, PAOctober 15, 2013
The faculty and administration are very supportive, and our deans have a genuine committment to helping adjunct faculty succeed and develop their teaching and research skills.
Fun and learning experence for me.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 16, 2013
This was my first coaching job at the coach level. We won the first ever state championship.
Fun workplace
Supplemental Instructor for Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 12, 2013
I learned organizational skills, how to be prepared ahead of time for several different scenarios, to deal with different learning and teaching styles, and to be patient.
Simulation Lab
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaAugust 10, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: classes are not garunteed
I teach in a team teaching cirriculum. The students learn the clinical skills that are needed to be a cerified medical assistant.
Great place to work.
Peer English tutor (Former Employee), MediaJune 4, 2013
Great co workers.Pleasent atmosphere.Long hours. Having a sense of purpose.
was a very friendly place to work at. very laid back work environment.
Receptionist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Media, PAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: very laid back
Cons: can take 15 minute break only, can't use computer while working even though i was working in a computer lab.
i helped students with different softwares, directing people to their destination. management was very strict at times. friendly co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was i could read and do my home work when i was free.
Learning experience
Student Lab Assistant Level II (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: team player, ability to work hard to help others, able to learn a skill
Cons: not perfect human being i am able to make mistakes also willing to fix.
College experience with great exceptation wonderful place to learn and find yourself.
fun interesting and enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: unless you brought your own food lunch was too expensive
it was all around a great place to work because the people were really into helping student with whatever they needed. The best part about working there was getting to meet people from different backgrounds,cultures and ethnicities. The staff is kind and everyone is so eager to help one another. a Very family oriented establishment.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Media,PAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: relaxed work
Cons: nothing
Friendly co workers
learned about different personalities and people
Good place to work, supportive enviroment
Faculty, Residential Wire, Commercial Wire (Current Employee), Marple, PAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: new facility, plenty of equipment
Cons: commercial wire could use more modern equipment
Generally I would arrive to work about an hour early to set up the classroom for the day's activities such as lecture or in most cases lab. I firmly believe that the practical ' hands on ' approach to labs is essential to developing the journeyman's skill. I also strongly emphasize code requirements and safety. Perhaps the most difficult part of the – more... job is keeping the advanced students engaged. I generally have these students focus on industrial applications such as 480v systems/motor controls/transformers. The part I enjoy most about the job is that it benefits my knowledge and skills as well as the students – less
working with people, opportunities to work on communication skills
Math Supplementary Leader (Current Employee), Media, PAApril 17, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
like to make worksheets, like to take challenges, maintain deadlines, be advance, participate in extra-curriculum activities etc.
fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: technology
Cons: room temp
Good schdules, works with students. Classes always avaliable
Wonderful Place to Work
Adjunct Professor of History (Current Employee), Media, PANovember 13, 2011
Pros: technology department
Cons: na
I love the staff and students at DCCC. I cannot wait to get towork when I arrive. The technology department is first class as is the resources that are at my finger tips to enhance my teaching.