Delaware County Community College

Delaware County Community College Employer Reviews

Challenging yet rewarding
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Media, PAOctober 21, 2014
This position was a temporary opportunity that I decided to take while I was finishing my degree. The typical day would consist of sitting through the main lecture with the professor and the class, and after I would facilitate the classroom for an hour. My duty was to reinforce what the students learned, help them to manage their time and study skills, – more... and help them understand what they may not have picked up on during the class. – less
Back into teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Exton, PAOctober 6, 2014
I enjoyed being in front of the classroom at DCCC. Was a pleasant work environment
A great place to learn different things
customer service rep (Current Employee), media, paSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: does not open on weekends
This is one of my favorite jobs i ever worked at. The people are very respectful and helpful
Great place to work.
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee), Media, PAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: provides training for adjuncts throughout the year to gain new skills, supportive management and co-workers.
DCCC is a great place to work. I have increased my teaching and learning skills as a result of additional training and student interactions. Co-workers and management are very supportive of the professors. The most enjoyable part of the job is turning the educational light bulb on for students and watching them change their perception of their ability – more... to successfully complete mathematics classes. In addition, being joyful and proud of them as they graduate with the degrees for which they have worked so hard to achieve. I am often told that I make an impact on their lives and encourage them to complete the goals they have set. – less
Great Place
Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Great place to work. I worked as a student worker, through work study.
I wanted to work at the school, because it would be easier to just work after my classes are done with.
Freelance video work for Men's & Womens Basketball team
Videographer (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 8, 2014
Solid level community college basketball program, they lack their own facilities but still field a very competitive men's basketball team.
Great Place
BUYER/EXPEDITER (Current Employee), Media, PAJune 7, 2014
Pros: interaction with all parties involved. faculty, staff, students
I really enjoy working for Delaware County Community College. Great place, friendly and fun environment. Based on what I do I get to interact with ALL the staff of the college. We have quite a few campuses so I like being able to travel to them when I can.
Disconnect between faculty and support staff
Science Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAMay 27, 2014
Difficulty in dealing with faculty. The course material is designated by the appropriate figures at the main campus, while the satellite campuses struggle in sticking with the assigned curriculum because the faculty feel they may amend at their leisure causing conflict between lab and lecture
Horrible place to work
Employee (Current Employee), MediaMay 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They are a horrible place to work! No advancement possible. Management is sneaky and unethical. They allow the old way of thinking to be the only correct way of thinking! I would not allow my enemy to work for them. Benefits are a joke and so is the pay.
Productive, Computer Intensive, Stable, Limited Career Movement
Administrative Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great parties, make your own hours, amaizing supervisor (holly lenker)
My position in the company was fabulous, but sadly the movement within the company was very limited. If you wanted to move typically it would be more sideways that promotions. Many of the Supervisors have held their positions for 30+ Years and growth is heavily limited being based on community population.
Productive, Educational Experience
Front Desk Receptionist for Testing Center (Current Employee), Media, PADecember 20, 2013
A typical day at work consists of me getting there at 8:00AM and opening the Testing Lab. I would start by getting all of the computers (~50 of them) up and running and have them ready for testing. I am in control of the front desk, meaning I am the first person the students see and speak to when they come in for testing and I am the one to get them – more... set up and ready to go. I also push every new student to sign up for College Planning, which is a session where the students learn about getting through college successfully, study habits, schools to transfer to, and classes to take. Throughout the workday, I also make sure that my supervisor has everything she needs at all times.I learned that school workers and administrators work very hard to make the college as good as it can be for the students which leads to both the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with distressed students because a lot of the time there could be a problem with their test or their assigned testing date and some of students do not put up with it which leads to a lot of anger on their part. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting and interacting with a large amount of students throughout my work day. For every not-so-nice student, there is 10 very nice ones who are a pleasure to meet and running into them around the school after work is a pleasant experience. – less
Personable and Professional
Adjunct Professor of English Composition (Current Employee), Exton, PANovember 15, 2013
The staff and administration at DCCC clearly care about what they do: helping students to succeed.
Work Study
-Allied Health and Nursing Department (Former Employee), DCCC in MarpleNovember 4, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Enjoy working with staff...I work here in 2009 in the summer.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!
Adjunct English Professor (Current Employee), Media, PAOctober 15, 2013
The faculty and administration are very supportive, and our deans have a genuine committment to helping adjunct faculty succeed and develop their teaching and research skills.
Fun and learning experence for me.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 16, 2013
This was my first coaching job at the coach level. We won the first ever state championship.
Fun workplace
Supplemental Instructor for Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 12, 2013
I learned organizational skills, how to be prepared ahead of time for several different scenarios, to deal with different learning and teaching styles, and to be patient.
Simulation Lab
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaAugust 10, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: classes are not garunteed
I teach in a team teaching cirriculum. The students learn the clinical skills that are needed to be a cerified medical assistant.
Great place to work.
Peer English tutor (Former Employee), MediaJune 4, 2013
Great co workers.Pleasent atmosphere.Long hours. Having a sense of purpose.
was a very friendly place to work at. very laid back work environment.
Receptionist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Media, PAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: very laid back
Cons: can take 15 minute break only, can't use computer while working even though i was working in a computer lab.
i helped students with different softwares, directing people to their destination. management was very strict at times. friendly co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was i could read and do my home work when i was free.
Learning experience
Student Lab Assistant Level II (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: team player, ability to work hard to help others, able to learn a skill
Cons: not perfect human being i am able to make mistakes also willing to fix.
College experience with great exceptation wonderful place to learn and find yourself.