Delaware County Community College Employee Reviews

Friendly Workplace
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 22, 2017
Only worked there part-time so I cannot review benefits but it was a friendly, caring environment. People cooperated to get things done. I looked forward to teaching every day.
Pros
caring support staff.
educational
Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 10, 2017
Scheduling appointments and trouble shooting computers. Creating student packets. Answering phones and everyday data entry information. I really enjoyed working in peaceful environment.
An awesome job with a great mission to help students find themselves and get the stepping stones required to move forward.
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMay 9, 2017
Great work experience! I liked working here a lot. The staff, faculty, and even the students are a pleasure to be around. A great environment to work in, not very stressful at all.
A Full day of customer service
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 17, 2017
Treating customers like you would want to be treated is the way to survive at DCCC. We pride ourselves on are dedication to the happiness and success of our student and faculty.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Uniforms and work shifts
Great place and caring.
Gym Attendant (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PAApril 14, 2017
I really enjoy going to school here and also working here. It's a small college and they really treat you like family here. The manager actually really cares about the kids that go to this school and the kids that work for him. He goes out of his way to communicate with his students and employees to ask how things are going and how can this school improve if at all.
Pros
Very small and they really treat you like family
Cons
Dont have some classes
Student Life
Campus Life Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marple, PAApril 2, 2017
Working in the office of Student Life was a great experience. All the staff were friendly and wanted to help all the students. Working in this office allowed me work the student which i enjoyed
Condusive environment for work.
Customer Service Representative/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 31, 2017
Very good companies. Working environments were friendly and staff's as well as clients were very supportive. Also there was a lot of overtime available.
Pros
friendly environment.
Cons
Didn't have Spesific time for lunch.
Rewarding work, great students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 23, 2017
Relaxed place to work with students who are dedicated to succeed in spite of their many life challenges. Lots of creative freedom in course writing. Very friendly environment. Good management support.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff
Cons
low compensation
Best places to work for
Campus Life Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 13, 2017
They don't credit this college as on the top places to work for in Delaware County for any old reason. If you love a diverse environment, this is the place to be.
Pros
diversity, compensation
They allow me to be creative in my teaching strategies.
Adjunct Surgical Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 6, 2017
I enjoy working for DCCC. I only work adjunct, but do the work of a full time employee. I wish they would be better at helping with keeping up my education credits to continue my certification. Because I am adjunct, they do not give me benefits or pay for educational workshops.
Pros
Flexible with my family life schedule
Cons
do not help me pay for educational workshops I must attend
Social Sciences Dept.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  DCCCFebruary 21, 2017
The students are a joy to teach but the college is a mismanaged mess. DCCC does not communicate between the campuses to utilize the instructor for multiple courses. The site directors review instructors without knowledge of specific subject matter. There is little academic freedom for curriculum as they are trying to format all of the classes as if this were a high school and not college!
Pros
Part time schedule
Cons
Disorganized academic department
Wonderful Experience
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Media, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Great opportunity for someone interested in helping others find their own way to education. Great people, great experience
Great place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Marple, PAJanuary 17, 2017
DCCC is a great place to work. Both the students and the staff are friendly and professional. The campus is easy to navigate and classrooms are state of the art.
Wonderful students and co workers
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 22, 2016
Excellent student body and very supportive, friendly work environment. Each campus was consistent in this and I enjoyed my time working as an adjunct instructor. There were degree requirement changes that reduced their need for psychology adjuncts; thus, there were fewer and fewer opportunities to teach there. I would gladly teach there again!
Always supportive of my role and the student population Genuine caring work environment
COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Media, PADecember 5, 2016
Working with students was always a pleasure. Worked in an independent and supportive environment. Ongoing training , terrific part time benefits. Not always recognized for our dedication to our students .
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 1, 2016
This is a good company where I was treated fair. The Dean of the program is a good man. I didn't like the pay. I felt as though i should be making more.
good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Media, PANovember 14, 2016
I really do not have a bad thing to say about this position. If you enjoy working in higher institution then you will enjoy this place. Give it a try the place can't hurt.
Great Work Environment
Adjunct Biology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 7, 2016
The school treated the adjunct instructors well, providing professional development workshops. The academic environment was great and the students were professional.
Easy going work enviorment, only limited hours availiable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 26, 2016
This was a relaxed, easy going part-time work study job that fit well into my school schedule. I had a really great boss, she was very relate-able and down to earth. The work load was very minimal, mostly running errands, filing paperwork, minor cleaning and organizing. There really wasn't anything hard about the job, and the most enjoyable part was my boss, she was really great.
Excellent
Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA 19341June 6, 2016
The environment is amazing, there is a lot of nice people. The only problem is about the amount of hours you can work per week and as a student who have to buy books and other expenses sometimes it's not enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3