Delaware Hospice Employee Reviews

productive
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJuly 11, 2016
9-5 day. very balanced with other workers. everyone took on the job seriously. 1 weekend a month was on call for one of the employees to keep a balanced work load. good hours. 40 a week.
Pros
fun
Organized and productive company with emphasis on compassionate end of life health care.
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEJune 18, 2013
A typical day was usually busy and demanded the ability to prioritize and organize the work. Management personnel offered good training and support. Co-workers were cooperative and helpful; there was a team approach with emphasis on patients and their families. I learned a lot about health care and team work. The hardest part of the job was the bureaucracy and too many meetings. There were many enjoyable parts, meeting many new enthusiastic people, creating training and recruiting opportunities, seeing people enjoy and grow their volunteer work. I especially enjoyed setting up attractive and encouraging locations for the volunteers to learn and find their niche.
Pros
Good benefits, salary, working conditions and co-workers
Cons
Oversupervison and long meetings
Wonderful Environment
Volunteer/Intern (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEApril 10, 2016
This is an excellent atmosphere and I am honored to be interning there. I have gained a great deal of knowledge about clerical functions, hospice policy, and medical procedures.
Pros
wonderful people, caring environment
Lay off after Lay off
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEJuly 10, 2013
Very unstable organization. In 2013, 105 employees were laid off after the organization commited medicare fraud in order to obtain money.
Cons
Management, Staff, hours, no work/life balance, have to devote entire life to organization or you are frowned upon
The experience with Delaware Hospice served as a learning benchmark. A period to refer back on while engaged in the field of Geriatric Care.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, DEJanuary 27, 2013
During the period of time as Caregiver, I was called upon to prepare food, act as homemaker, transport the person to and from medical appointments, remain available for other tasks as needed and serve as a companion. Working as Live-In status, I acquired a real sense of the routine as it would apply to other clients.

The management of time is so important. This is to allow adequate time allotment for each segment for a smooth progression of the client's daily routine. Without it, either one or more of the segments will be neglected. This proved to be the most demanding, however, as the natural progression of the daily routine occurred, the client was most appreciative, making this the most rewarding aspect of the job.
Pros
sharing time with elders, sense of accomplishment and establish friendship.
Cons
for the younger person the cons would be a distraction for their growing family, a depressive sense of mortality and the feeling of impatience when the day drags.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 8, 2014
I really loved this job. Unfortunately, I was apart of the "restructuring" that resulted in 102 people losing their jobs. I'm not sure what it would be like working there now with all of the major cut backs, but it was the best job I've ever had. The job duties increased as they did the first part of the restructuring (I was not let go the first go around) and the job became more demanding, prior to that it was a great place to work!
Pros
Great place for team work!
Cons
Increased hours and weekend on call requirements with very little to no additional compensation
Employees always gave off a warm and caring feeling, making you feel welcome.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 21, 2013
I scheduled transportation for patients and family members as well as creating schedules for our CNA's to go out to visit patients. I ordered DME equipment and worked closely with these companies to accommodate our patients in the best ways possible. I loved my co-workers at Delaware Hospice. The moment I walked in the doors I felt welcome. The people were so friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them. I learned about what hospice was and what it meant. I didn't realize that so many people were so sick and needed this type of care. It was very hard at times because families would call in when patients weren't doing very well, but then joyous at other times because families would send in cards expressing their gratitude for hospice. Many people said they couldn't have imagined their loved ones going through what they did without us by their side.
Fun place to work
PRN (Current Employee) –  Newark DEJune 18, 2014
Productive and fun work place.
I learn a lot every day
Management is good- encourage professional growth
Very good team work
Co-workers are fun and helpful
Love working there
Pros
Good, relaxed work environment
Cons
Medicare new rules
Growing organization
Clinical Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 29, 2013
Loved working in healthcare, knowing that I was assisting with providing patient care
Pros
growing organization
Cons
coping with providing terminally ill patients
Great organization
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 30, 2013
Delaware Hospice is the best organization I have ever worked for. They focus is on the patients and their families. They offer many services, from nursing to counseling.
Close-Knit Group
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2013
Most enjoyable part of my job was the hearing hearing from the families.
workplace
Certified Nurse Assistance (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 24, 2013
Managment team at the time I work for this company was bad because of people leaving due to varies reason.
Rate of Care Provided
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milford, DE 19963February 19, 2012
Provides the most excellent quality of hospice and palliative care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2