Delaware North Employee Reviews

Good,except for...
Porter (Current Employee) –  Forks, WAJanuary 30, 2017
The typical day at work usually has enough to do and enough of a variety. The trainer I had did their best to run me through everything,however only time will run me through most situations and sometimes I don't think my supervisor understands that. It seems they expect me to know everything within a week of being there. The culture here seems pretty cliquish,or people keep to themselves. Perhaps the summer season will bring in enough new blood to breathe life into things. The most enjoyable part of the job is most times when you know your routine you don't have bosses breathing down your neck. A couple of downsides though,it can get pretty busy sometimes and you're constantly on call. Also in my opinion there are too many supervisors in the off season in my department,I often see people sitting down talking/gossiping. In my past experiences if people had time for all that,maybe some cuts could be made for efficiency.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
A bit too cliquish, chatty, gossipy most times.
Wonderful place for employent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Del Valle, TXFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at work started with going through security and heading right to the cash room to grab your till. Then off to whatever restaurant you were working and you started preparing for the customers. Prepared coffee and tea. Right at 4:30am we starting serving customers until the end of our shift. What I learned working here was that time management is very important and how you prepare first thing will effect how you serve your customers. My opinion on the management is that they could be more friendly and involved. The hardest part of the job was getting up that early but I learned to adjust to it. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with people from different cultures. I really just enjoyed working here.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon Village, Arizona, USA, 86023November 28, 2016
My co-workers were very approachable and understanding. It made my work easier because they're fun to be with. The supervisor guides us with enthusiasm and understanding. The general store manager accepts thoughts and ideas from their staffs wholeheartedly for the improvement of the service and the general store itself. Working in a store is not that easy especially during peak season but our supervisor and the manager taught us on how to handle time pressure and management. We should be knowledgeable about the workplace location and we learned how to manage and answers customers queries at all times.
Pros
20% discount on all grocery goods, 50% discount for all the food served in the restaurant and the deli, Housing accommodation were given by the employer.
Cons
Long hours especially during peak season
Poor pay and advancement
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYJanuary 30, 2017
I worked at finger lakes gaming & racetrack the pay was terrible when I received an offer from a competitor they didn't even try to compete. The raises were minimal and a joke! Loved my co-workers and the actual job I did however the Delaware North corporation itself cares very little about it's its employees. There is also very little room for advancement. HR there never takes a complaint seriously either they just say sorry I can't help you.
Cons
Poor pay, little advancement
Productive full service Food Service organization
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2016
Delaware North is a food service organizations that primarily deals with professional sports teams and the Arenas or Coliseum that they inhabit. Their service is excellent and the company truly believes that his employees. The only problem is that there is very little room for advancement and unless you are and administrative staff there are no pay raises.
Pros
Great working environment and they are willing to give everyone a chance
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Great management, Adequate pay, Room for advancement
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FL 32780February 4, 2017
The management is awesome and they teach you a lot of new skills.
At Delaware North I learned how interact with a diverse group of people that traveled from all over the world to Visit NASA. I also learned the proper procedures of cash handling. Delaware North also acknowledged that I was still young and a student in college and agreed to work around my college schedule so I could still earn an income. My typical work day consisted of operating retail and food cash systems to increase efficient workflow and exceed company and guest expectations. Each shift I worked involved greeting guests and answering questions, helping guests efficiently plan their day so they could participate in everything the park had to offer, and organizing merchandise so that the store always looked presentable.
Overall..... it's a job.
Sales Associatea (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2016
I see supervisors struggle with no training. .HR department is a mess. If you have a issue, you have to make an appointment and Sr HR makes you feel you are interrupting her day. Major payroll issues. Then they yell at you as its your fault for not getting paid. No urgency and very rude. DM'S overworked or never seen. To many Chiefs. No support for associates or management team. ABIA is only out to make money and break records.
Pros
meals, OT, and after a year benefits and holiday pay
Cons
poor training, cold in the winter and hot in the summer, benefits, poor management . they even run out of uniforms.
fun workplace
Busch stadium (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2016
A typical work day at the Busch Stadium consist of clocking in walking seven or more minutes to make it to your work spot. Walking in and having a brief discussion with my supervisor of the day to figure out my job for that day and getting to work. The hardest part of that job was long nights not knowing what time you will get off work cleaning up after the fans ruined the place and keeping control making sure all the customers were ok and comfortable. The best part about that job was the excitement the screams stomps and tears of joy just being around really gave you a good feeling. What I learned from working there is you have to work hard keep a smile in stay Professional no matter what act like a adult and ignored negative energy stay positive.
Pros
discounts on Cardinal items
Cons
a short break, heat, and no benefits, little pay
Doesn't recommend.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2016
I work at the Austin, Texas location and I hate it. The job description is misleading and they flat out lie to you in the job fair.They are shady as heck. Management is not in communication with each other and it makes it harder lower-level employees to do their job.They are always running out supplies. We also have a big bug infestation problem and they are not treating it properly. They do not care about our safety at all. When flights are delayed because of bad they want us to stay late to accommodate the customers and we end up having to drive home in the terrible weather I hate the fact that we have with the company for a full year before we can ask for personal time off. I also hate the fact that we do not get decent benefits. Why do we not get a 401k? Why is it that the union is having to fight for stuff the other companies give out already.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Early lunches, no retirement plan, stupid hates we have to wear, the drive is too far.
Great experience working with these guys
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30320January 31, 2017
Great team of workers they even give a few raises flexible scheduling and you get to meet a lot of great people kind and giving very understanding as well
The only good part was the working with staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 22, 2017
It was fine working here for a little bit then once you got comfortable it all went downhill. The employees were great to get along with however the management was terrible. They don't care about their employees or their well being. They say they will fix problems and never do. They act like they care when really they could careless. The sad part is that it isn't just the managers, it is also the supervisors. The supervisors are just as bad, they let the power and the fact that the managers aren't there on the weekends get to their heads. They also don't care about the staff and they are rude. They are always short staffed so they expect others to pick up the slack. If you say no they give you the cold shoulder and talk about you behind your back. They are very immature and don't know how to handle situations very well. The good part about working there though were the friendships i made with coworkers and the stories you heard from customers traveling.
Pros
customer interactions, meal card up to $9.00
Cons
Managers, Supervisors, immaturity from managment, the way things were handled
Excellent Company
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Good place to work ,great benefits, opportunity to advance,rewards ,enjoyed meeting new people. some good upper management. Cooperate Office Awesome!
Hardest part for me was communicating with my manager would rather not collaborate with any changes in merchandise
Pros
Excellent job, great opportunities
Cons
lack of communication
Fast paced and crazy, steady or slow ... depending on the day
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Great training and support by Cage supervisors. Fun atmosphere with a great buzz. Management and MOD's are super nice and very professional. The Cage cashier can be an intense job. Multiple transactions for hours can be stressful and you have to be on point because mistakes happen and you don't even know it! Lots of rules and regulations. The company is great, the customers can be tough!! Pay should be higher.
Pros
Management/Tips
Cons
Pay and responsibilities
Quality of Life
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 30, 2016
At the New Orleans location you are forced to do more than one job as a manager. You are responsible for your job, other manager's jobs, and all of your hourly employees. You literally have to work 12 to 16 hour days. You are on call all day everyday. Managers get written up for EVERYTHING. The General Manager wants to surround himself with "yes men". You are not allowed to disagree with him or you are targeted to get pushed out. You are spoken down to and not respected. Corporate does not care how you are treated as long as you are putting money in the bank. The hourly employee and management turn over rate should be telling corporate A LOT! I guess it is easy to look away though if you are making profits.
Benefits
Cons
LONG days and no time with family
Working different stands ex. Pizza , ice cream & popcorn . Basic cleaning for each stand
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 19, 2016
They gave me proper instructions on how to work the machines and to properly display the food . A typical day was very overwhelming full of people that like baseball . The management was very unorganized and confusing he always used to get frustrated fast and start ignoring people when the need help . My coworkers where sometimes helpful to me but they were very disrespectful to customers .
Cons
Unorganized
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  170 Sweetpointe amherst nyOctober 13, 2016
Delaware North's call center in Amherst is a responsible and hospitable work place. While working at the call center, I've learned about different resorts and properties our guest were staying at. The management was definitely short but somehow they seemed to manage everything in due time. The most challenging part of my job was actually getting the guest to settle for what they specifically did not want. The most enjoyable part of my job was making plenty of sales and competing for top revenue.
Travel hospitality service is our main goal.
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Very welcoming company to work for. Strive to create a long lasting enjoyable experience for our traveling guest. Great management with amazing insurance benefits.
Productive great atmospshere to work
Racing Secretary (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time work working with a great crew. Worked closely with upper management on a daily basis worked within the industry and horsemen group and had a very positive outlook over the four years of service .
Pros
Lunch and award programs a plus
Cons
Working environment could of been improved not fault of management
Productive you get to interact with fans
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2016
A typical day is sitting in the waiting room until its time to clock in. Listening to all of the people who have been there for years talk about their jobs. Listening to the younger people talk about each other.
Management is about their jobs
We have fun with each other.
Pros
You get to eat hotdogs and drink as much soda as you want
Cons
No breaks unless you have to use the restroom
Great Work Environment
Food Service / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FLFebruary 15, 2017
Working the concession stand is a fast pace environment. The customers come out to support their team and many fans dress the port. This bring excitement and helps to keep the moral up. Management looks out for loyal workers. The hardest part of the job is working with a skeleton crew.
Pros
Seasonal employment
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.