Delaware North Employee Reviews

Poor Training by management
Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Training was THE WORST, no training given all was learned by trial and error. Manager was always leaving early , was trained by a person who was still in training herself. Not a good place to start if you have no experience with spread sheets, will watch you make a mistake and wait till your on another task to tell you in a demeaning way that you messed up and that's not how things are done
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Delaware North is not a good company to work for. They dont care about their people. They dont believe in fully training people. They just see numbers and the turn over rate is crazy.
Exciting and high paced work enviorment.
Beertender (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work especially during special events, concerts and sporting events. High level of training and variance in work duties along with the opportunity to assist a number of different fellow employees.
Pros
good pay, great tipsand the bonus of attending events
Cons
no daily work and based on senority
Runner/Busser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Even though Delaware North is a new company at Qualcomm Stadium, i feel like take care of their workers and customers very well.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Were not proactive on fixing facilities.
Active Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJanuary 18, 2016
It's always an active day at work. Since the job is based on events, it's always active and crowded. I developed my leadership skills throughout the year on this job. Management is fair and effective to the beneficial of the customers and company. Hardest part of the job is after the event, by cleaning and counting the inventory on each event. The most enjoyable part of this job is the experience of this event.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short meal breaks
VIP; Suite Attendant personal customer Service per game
Premium Skyboxes Suite Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJanuary 15, 2016
Love working for the MLS and NFL while getting paid for it. truly a blessing!!

Working as a VIP or Elite Suite Attendant is an awesome job. I serve the important people their needs while they get to watch their favorite team.

The most important factor I learned is to make sure your clients are serviced to their satisfaction whether you were able to accommodate them or not. The best perception is to leave a lasting impression.

I get to work with the Red Bull Arena and the NY GIANTS and NY JETS staff along with their loyal fans, We have the opportunity to network with each other and watch the games at same time! What better way to watch sports besides working at ESPN!

My colleagues are absolutely magnificent, especially my HR Manager at MetLife who produced NFL Superbowl XLVIII, amazing staff members!!

The most challenging part of the job is nothing!

the most enjoyable part of the job is everything!!
Pros
I get to network with fascinating people such as millionaires who are self-starters and celebrities.
Cons
Clean-up is tiring especially if they wanna stay and drink forever, otherwise, it''s a great opportunity to network.
what a great place to work
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2016
really loved this job and the people you can learn something new everyday.advancement is always welcome and such great encouragement there your a family and when you need them they are there always
Pros
great people and advancement is always there
Cons
hours are rough if your not a early morning person
Management Issues
Lead Stand Attendant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Fast paced environment that requires excellent customer service to ensure their satisfaction. Working with this company will provide the opportunity for growth. The management team can stand some improvement. The coworkers are diverse and challenging. The hardest part of the job is having to work in a understaffed situation, especially during a business rush hour. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the airport, which enables opportunities to meeting diverse people and celebrities.
Pros
Oportunity for growth and it provides Benefits
Cons
High turnover because of lack of staff
Large environment with many oppertunities
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2016
It was a great and fun experience. I got to meet a lot of amazing people and learn a lot of new things. Exciting and peaceful environment even on a busy day. Many events such as concerts and game. customer/guest are friendly and respect.
boo sometimes
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Its ok for a teenager.
Sometimes ok .
Look for something else.
Delaware is not a job its a temporary place of employment.
No holiday pay unless you have been there a year.

Want to know more about Delaware North?

Ask a question
Great work enviorment, friendly but stern management
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2016
I would go into work knowing what to do from the day before and knowing there would be work waiting to be done at fast pace and if I did find myself unaware of what to do next there would be no problem with me asking. My coworkers were reliable and professional and enjoyed there work. Work consisted of loading and organizing large food shipments into walk-in freezer then packing them to ship out to various restaurants in the airport. I would say the freezer is hard to work in hands go numb after two or so minutes but I also enjoyed the freezers its the most important part if not organized right it can set things back and I like having that kind of pressure its motivating.
Pros
free lunce
Great job
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZDecember 30, 2015
This is a really great job if you like going to different national parks. The only draw back is that it is very isolated and the nearest town is pretty far if you do not have a car.
Pros
Housing with job
Cons
Housing with job
fun, hard work, fun people, adventure
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZDecember 22, 2015
My typical work day is just cleaning rooms, directing lost customers to right area they need to go, offer services they need and want and talk to customers that are staying or going.I have learned that there different level customer services, I am happy just assisting people who visit in any way possible. As for the co-workers it like having friends and family. It grows on you. The hardest part of the job is the weather at times since it changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and having to make the rooms nice for their stay.
Pros
room and board, insurance, discount in general stores, the scene around the grand canyon
Cons
the weather changes, transportation if no vehicle to near towns
Awe inspiring drive to work and people come to enjoy it from all over the world each day.
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZDecember 21, 2015
A typical day involved operating a cash register at the Desert View Trading Post and seeing that the floor was fully stocked, clean and neatly arranged. I would inventory, verify quantities of deliveries and store the new merchandise. The job at the cash register was the part that I enjoyed the most, getting to interact with people that were happy to be there. The visit here might have been a once in a lifetime experience and visit for them, or it might be that they bring friends and relatives by every time someone comes to visit them locally. I was able to suggest "must see" attractions in the area, tell them how to get to specific places and make lots of them laugh.
The management appreciated my dependability and job skills and I appreciated their efforts to make the job better for everyone. The hardest part of the job involved the supervisory duties when dealing with individuals that did not have a good work ethic and attitude and appeared not happy to be there, but help in this remote location was hard to come by. Computer, cash register or credit card machine problems were annoying, but were just a part of the everyday operation.
I certainly miss the grand location at the Grand Canyon, but need new places to explore and having just returned from Hawaii, the 48th state that I have visited, I want to get to Maine and Vermont, the only two that I have not visited.
Pros
I got to spend 7 months at one of the seven wonders of the world, that people enjoy visiting, was able to park my Travel Trailer close to my place of work, paid $35 per week for full hookup and propane.
Cons
80 miles from a real town, limited food service, limited cellphone coverage, limited internet access
fun place to meet people
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2015
Working at Delaware North is a very fast pace working place. I've learned about people and their different personality. My co-workers are friendly, the environment we all have together is really happy. Everyone gets along and everyone is always smiling. I enjoy meeting new people and conversing in a very positive and friendly way. I enjoy helping customers get what they ask for and greeting them with a smile.
Working Hard and Hard at Working
Suite Runner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2015
Working there was fun I enjoyed that experience of working around and with so many people with a great attitude and high energy
Great Experience
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2015
Long work days, bulks of food prep, and very busy and fast paced kitchen. Management is very organized and have a structured kitchen. Sous chef is very passionate and willing to teach you correct kitchen skills and how things are done. The most enjoyable part is listening to music as we work and getting to know the coworkers a little better. The hardest part are the long game days, but there's always something to do to pass the time.
Pros
Great learning experience, good people in the kitchen, and room to grow
Cons
Only seasonal at the stadium, not as many dish washers on game day, long hours
Good vibes of the stadium, constantly working, great team
Concessions Stand Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2015
The best job I've had so far. Loved the crew, enjoyed working with Seahawk/Sounder fans, fast paced environment. The only thing hard about the job was the massive, never ending rush. Busy the entire day, but time flew by, which is what I liked the most. They gave me the opportunity to get my foot in the door for supervising experience.
Pros
Job advancement, free lunch, good vibes
Cons
8 hours a week
Fun and Interesting
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZNovember 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company.Everyday was a new experience at the restaurant.Tasting new foods meeting all kinds of people from all over the world.
Pros
Working with people from other countries
Cons
Living quarters
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon National Park, AZNovember 19, 2015
Delaware North Company is one of the best companies in the world because not only they give quality service to the guest , they are environmental friendly , and they make sure that their employees give the the best service to the guest/customers