Delaware North

Delaware North Employer Reviews

Summary
Bartender (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work involved selling about 4000.00 in alcohol to baseball fans having a great time. Management was unorganized but my co workers were great.
productive and fun
Concession Stand Leader (Former Employee), buffalo NYAugust 23, 2014
works with others
serving food to customers and taking in money
it's a wonderful company
Cashier (Current Employee), FlJune 5, 2014
a very good company. work as a team. friendly to our customers.
Easy money
Executive Suite Attendant (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 18, 2014
Easy money for a 2nd job. would not consider for a full time position.
Productive and fun
Commissary Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
collect and count money. greet customers. talk with employees.
great job
Porter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2014
fun place to work hot in summer and meeting new people just had fun here
hardworking and enjoyable events to work
Concessions Stand Leader (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great events to work
Cons: n/a
fast pace and quick hours great friendships and allowing one to move through out the companies many locations and many jobs
27 years of dedication, satisfaction, and living in "HEAVEN" doesnt get much better in life!
General Manager (Former Employee), Grand Canyon, AZJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: living in god's country
Cons: bridging from an "employee" to "general manager"
This was a fantastic learning experience working my way up from a gardener to a multi unit general manager in 25 years. this was a union house and had the opportunity to \manage both sides Yosemite made my direction in life and the top=notch multi unit manager I am today!
Very poor service
Inseat Server (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Did not really enjoy the constant switch of management and the constant change of workplace "rules".
Fast pace restaurant. High level of service.
Food Server (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CA. LAX International AirportJanuary 2, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work for. Managers were great and coworkers were great. It was always busy and fun.
True Customer Service
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee), E Rutherford, NJDecember 24, 2013
Pros: the exposure
Cons: you stand all shift long
If you like interaction with people & having a hand in making a positive lasting impression in someone's mind, then - you should give DNC a try. It's manual labor, but kind of a blast. Sports fans are fun. Concert attendees are easy to share a smile.
A fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: advancement was slim
I enjoyed every opportunity there. I was able to learn great skills for leadership and business. I was surrounded by success.
DNC has a great working atmosphere!
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 19, 2013
Top of the Falls Restaurant was the best place I have ever worked for. I would open or close the restaurant, make sure my staff had a good work environment and had fun while doing their job tasks and I learned a lot from my manager.
A day at Deleware North
Consultant - Director Operations and Maintenance (Former Employee), Kennedy Space CenterDecember 6, 2013
Pros: interesting place to work
Cons: long work hours
A typical day at work would start around 6:30 am and would run to 6 to 9 pm. some times longer. Was required to cover weekend as Manager on duty on a rotational bases.
There is a large need for maintenance documentation and support with companies today
Management was structured and limited on improvements
Employees worked hard to keep the operations – more... running
The hardest part of the job was working the hours required
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the interest and fun the visitors to the park had. – less
Wonderful seasonal job that keeps one extremely busy.
Stand Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, MANovember 26, 2013
Pros: great people and management
Cons: unpredictable and very long hours
There are two distinctly different typical days of work at the Comcast Center. The first is the non event days. The typical non event day consists of taking in new shipments and carefully allocating the new inventory to all of the different points of sale and making sure that the inventory in each location remains consistent with what has been removed – more... from the warehouse The small crew of workers assigned to this task usually divide into two or three groups and deliver the product as efficiently as possible. Once all new product is delivered the remainder of the day is dedicated to making sure all electronics (stoves refrigeration units, lights, etc.) are working correctly and fixing those that are not.

The second type of day is the far more fun and stressful of the two, event days. An event day for me begins with receiving the money that will be used for change, and I verify that the cash amount is correct. Having done that I check in with my general manager who tells me how much staff (a combination of cashiers and cooks) I will have under me today. I then proceed to my stand and ensure that everything is in working order. Once I am sure I begin to count all my inventory and make sure it is consistent with the spreadsheet that I have. I report any problems the commissary manager and wait for my staff to arrive. Some days there are new staff members and I am responsible for training them. There is usually an hour before the gates are open and thus we officially open. In this time I ensure that all staff feels fine about what they are doing, that enough product is readily available to the customers, and that I have all relevant information such as when intermissions are throughout the night. When the stand is officially open my job is to first and foremost handle any and all issues that come about. These issues are varied and differ greatly in degree. Whether it be a faulty Co2 canister causing product to be overly foamy or a customer with a question about a food allergy the stand manager is there to fix all problems. At regular times throughout the night I am also responsible for sweeping through the registers to limit how much cash is in them at a time, and counting that cash for deposits in a safe. Hearing and properly alleviating customer complaints is the hardest part of the job and oftentimes the most rewarding. There are some customers that are simply unreasonable and rude and these customers can make for some long days, but more often customers are genuinely curious or have legitimate concerns and helping these customers make dealing with the rare other type of customer bearable.Once the stand has closed for the night I ensure that everything is as clean as when the staff arrived and dismiss them from there. At this point I begin to count all the money still left from the time of the last sweep. Once I have my overall cash figure I begin to total all of the credit cards. (The reason for this is that even though there is a computer system keeping track the wifi in an outdoor venue is circumspect at best and it is best to double check) Having the sum of both of these figures I then count what is left of the inventory and write it down side by side with the starting figure. The difference of these two numbers gives items sold which I then multiply by the price of the item. Repeat this process 30 or so times (once for each product) and add them together and it should balance with the figure obtained by adding the cash and credit. When this is complete I pick up my things lock the stand behind me and report to my general manager about the days sales what my team did well or could have improved on and then my day is done. – less
Great company to work for
Club/Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2013
I like working for Delaware North, the management staff is fun to work with and
Productive and fun working with the public.
Concession Attendant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2013
I enjoyed working with this company because it was very exciting with for a Sports Service , you see and meet different people and you learn the business of working in a concession stand.
DNC
management (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 8, 2013
Poor starting salary
decent benefits
lots of growth opportunities
Good customer expirience
Lead at Twin's Concession Stand (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2013
Good job for the last 4 years, but poor management, not much advancement opportunity.
Excellent place for possible advancement if you have an open availability
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Hamburg, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great supervisor support
Cons: open availability to get hours and no health insurance
Delaware North offers opportunity to those with open availability. There are more part time employees with some full time employees whom receive health insurance. The supervisors are fabulous. It was the first time that I seen such team work when and where necessary. If tables needed to be cleaned, food ran, help with a customer, there in a minute if – more... help was requested; the supervisors were there. – less

1 2 3