Delaware River Port Authority Employee Reviews

Delaware River Port Authority Review
Acting Records Manager/Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 8, 2017
DRPA is a good company to work for with many career options. I have advanced and have used the option to get my bachelor's degree with their help. They also provide tuition reimbursement and opportunity to advance.
Good Company
Toll Collector (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 8, 2017
Great benefits and pay. The staff is generally nice and overall work environment stays busy, especially in the mornings and holiday weekends. Management keeps employees well informed on current updates.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Comforting and learned multiple strategies for the work world
Government Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 1, 2017
It was a good summer internship to learn how a business works and to see how people behave in an office and a work place. I learned how to do invoices and how to file papers and learned more about the company and how the money worked for the bridges.
Pros
Hour lunch break, good people to work with
Dedicated, responsible workers. Intrusive political board
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 4, 2017
Many good managers and employees. Politically connected board exerts stiflingly tight control over department-level policy. Rail operations have strong union
Pros
Important work keeping traffic flowing
Cons
Tight board control
only stayed for a short time due to being called for jury duty
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 27, 2017
DRPA was an ok place to work however I did not enjoy the projects I was given to do and the people were not friendly or helpful at the time. I would give them another chance but I had been called to jury duty once a week for 10 weeks and it became too hard to continue.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
I did not consider it to be the job for me
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Coordinator/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 26, 2015
I started with DRPA when electronic tolls were first installed on the bridges in 2000. As the Customer Service Coordinator and Marketing Assistant, my work day consisted of serving as liaison between the Port Authority and the E-ZPass (electronic tolls) customer service center contractor, Board of Directors, employee accounts, researching, troubleshooting and resolving difficult customer complaints with complex issues. I also assisted with developing marketing plans and campaigns; developed and produced monthly newsletter for E-ZPass customers; and provided customer service training for new employees.

We had a great team of employees that worked very well together.

There were no difficulties in this job. The most enjoyable part was doing the outreach events and the opening of the RiverLink ferry.
Manager, Special Projects - Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 10, 2015
The workforce changes with the political environment. The people were great to work with. The management encouraged advancement opportunities
good pay
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 15, 2013
in this job you gain invaluable experience
typical day involves patrolling on bridge
co workers were good
I didn't do anything
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 25, 2013
Nobody does anything, its actively discouraged. Some more words
Productive workplace
Toll Collector- Walt Whitman Bridge (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2013
I am a seasonal intern for the Delaware River Port Authority on the Walt Whitman Bridge connecting New Jersy and Philadelphia. I really enjoy this job. I get to meet new people everyday and make connections with motorists passing through. My managers have said that I am the best intern that they've had in a long time. My co-workers welcomed me with open arms. We are like a family at the Walt Whitman. I could always be counted on by my managers when something extra needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather conditions. No matter the condition of the weather, the bridge was always open so I had to work in severe conditions at times.

Want to know more about Delaware River Port Authority?

Ask a question
Relaxed atmosphere.
Toll Booth Collector (Former Employee) –  Betsy Ross BridgeFebruary 16, 2012
This job was a great internship for a college student such as myself.
Pros
listen to music or radio shows, read, or do puzzles when its not busy, getting paid for 2 hours total of breaks
Cons
the early hours (waking up at 5).