Delaware State University Employee Reviews

Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 26, 2017
Great place to work. Supportive management. Flexible with work schedule. Loved working with the students out in the clinical setting. Pay for adjuncts is great as well.
Great!!!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 20, 2017
I was only there for the summer and the employees there are so friendly and nice and helpful. I enjoyed wish I could go back. The college kids were nice and generous. Everybody there always had a smile.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short break
Could be more rigorous
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 18, 2017
The purpose of going into the OSCAR Program at Delaware State University was to be able to do research in a field you're interested in over the summer. Though you can do that, the environment seems to be too relaxed.
Pros
Free trips, free food, free housing
Cons
Too relaxed of a work environment
Organization is top heavy
Coordinator of Bridge Programs (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 17, 2017
Too many big titles and not enough accountability. The mission of the university is great. The president cares about what happens to students. The environment is just not the best to work in.
Good experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 4, 2017
I constantly improve my teaching from teaching my students. I really love teaching and I care a lot about my students. There is nothing more grateful than a student telling me at the end of semester that he or she enjoyed and learned from my class.

I love teaching mathematics and enjoy teaching my students. My students love to be in my mathematics class and to learn mathematics from me. I will improve my teaching by teaching my students.
small work environment that is welcoming
Intern, Career Services (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 14, 2017
While being a student at Delaware State university, I met individuals that were not self indulge, very aware of their employees needs and wants. people with a lot of humanity and care.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
part time
Great hbcu
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 9, 2017
Great place, challenging and engaging environment. Great population of student to give back to. Each day is different. I learn so much about culture and diversity. Management is great.
Great learning experience
Sport Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 1, 2017
Things I learned was setting up for college basketball and football games, and crowd control at the end of games.

Most enjoyable part of the job was doing a job that i enjoyed.
great
Student Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 28, 2017
great school. Only a heavy work load when peak seasons for students. Overall environment is friendly and pretty laid back. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the students, we all learn so much from each other, this is a very family orientated school.
Pros
build great relationships
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace and fun and wonderful team memebers
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 24, 2017
Fast and easy job ..Great mangers easy task to do each and everyday. Always enjoyed coming to work perfect environment to work and learn new skills. Good people that actually wanted to see you move up further in your career.
Up tight working environment, but work gets done efficiently!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 6, 2017
Very strict working environment. There was not much room for error in this lab. Time management was crucial, and if data was not presented why and explanation was expected.
Pros
good learned experience
Cons
terrible pay and working hours
Small office and community outreach
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 6, 2016
Seasonal/contractual employee working as a project manager for the Farmers Market Promotion Program. Duties include: project management, document creation, budget analysis, managing the commercial kitchen (makerspace), and preparing interim reports for the USDA. This position is under the Delaware Center for Enterprise Development, an outreach organization of Delaware State University.
Pros
Supervisor is not a micro-manager
Cons
Part-time
Workplace
ASSAULT RESPONSE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 6, 2016
Everyone got along, it had a good work environment and very informational. I prepared presentations and conferences for forums. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfast, compensation
Cons
Long meetings
Very positive place for students to learn, grow and advance as individuals
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 28, 2016
Calm workday. I learned no matter how much time or how hard you work people will always be overlooked but you must remember that you are not here for the staff but you are here for the students. This makes me come back daily no matter what.
Productive, fund and educational within group.
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 21, 2016
A typical day consist of journal entries, review budgets, calculating and posting indirect cost. Reconciling grant budgets, grant budget set-ups, preparing invoices, customer service.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
Poor executive management and rampant favortism.
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant / Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 16, 2016
this was a great place to work. its good teachers and staff are very hands on and the hours were very good. i would recommend
great school
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 7, 2016
Delaware State University has prepared me for my career education and helped shaped and mold me to become a strong individual worker. It prompt me to work in a professional environment.
Pros
great campus
Cons
not enough housing
Good
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 20, 2016
Great place to work as a student. I worked in the Mass Communication department. I enjoyed the culture cultivated in the work place.I would recommend to a friend.
Learned a lot at DSU
Head Coach Women's Track & Field (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 16, 2016
My co-workers great, work from 9am to 6pm, new management comes you may lose your job as I did no matter how hard you work. The hardest part of the job was not a big enough budget, and for a coach the school is not a good sell.
Fun and engaging position
Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 16, 2016
A typical day includes greeting building visitors, scheduling tours, guiding groups on campus tours, answering any questions that potential students and family members may have and being a helping hand in the Admissions Office. The hardest part of the job is being able to give back to back tours with no breaks, which rarely ever happens but it can. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing campus visitors areas of campus they weren't familiar with, watching them fall in love with the school, and just meeting new people!
Pros
It's never boring, enough desk time to do homework

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Delaware State University Reviews by Location