Delaware State University

Delaware State University Employee Reviews

Fun and organized workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2016
Working on campus and with professors is great networking. My co-workers worked well with me and other employees. Best part was the networking and building professionalism.
Supervisor
Supervisor of Student Mentors (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 25, 2016
I worked with other Delaware State University students where i scheduled the tour for campus, facilitated trainings and programs for student mentors as well as collected time sheets and payroll.
Very busy workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 12, 2016
Supervisor seems to busy for actual research study. There is more instructing done than actual research. Overall it is a very welcoming environment.
A learning experience for the students as well as me
Spanish 1 Professor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 6, 2015
Teaching students Spanish vocabulary and learning how to use that vocabulary in the format of Spanish Grammar. How to gain an ear for Spanish words as well as how to properly pronounce Spanish phonetics in speech. Giving oral and written assessments on vocabulary, grammar, speech and listening skills.
Delaware State University
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 17, 2015
Troubleshooting issues for entire student base, faculty and staff. For the students, we made sure they had virus protection software, and that the ports in their rooms were functional and managed the labs. For faculty and staff, we repaired their hardware, software, and printer issues.
Productive Workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 16, 2015
Management is supportive, helpful, understanding. Helped me a lot to learn and grow. Positive atmosphere. Challenging and exciting. Good experience.
Okay
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DeAugust 16, 2015
Salaries are typically lower than those in a corporate environment. Working here requires a genuine love for what you do.
Fun workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 2, 2015
enjoyed my coworkers, we worked very well together
Always something to work on or fix
Pleasant environment to work in
Supportive management
Very Helpful
Institutional Advancement Internship (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 27, 2015
Staff was very helpful and work environment can be pressuring during busy season. Team oriented work environment. I loved meeting new people and being able to network with a lot of different people during the events.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction in knowing I did a great job in assisting those around me. I have been told that I have excellent people skills.
Pros
Access to the Gym
Cons
Paying for parking
Productive and wonderful customer service
Delaware State University (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 12, 2015
MY typical day at work is answering phone calls from students in reference to their test scores. I learned how to be a productive worker and a communications expert in the customer service arena. The management was very friendly and encouraging. MY co-workers were very cooperative with each others wants and needs of the job duties of the job requirements. The hardest part of the job was nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting my customers with the information that they need in order to pass their state testing requirements, or assisting them with a start date to take a placement test.
Pros
working in a fast pace customer service atmosphere
Wonderful job
Senior Secretary of Career Planning & Placement (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 1, 2015
I loved working with the public and the students i had to supervise. I loved being in charge of the office and the responsibilities i had.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 7, 2015
Great educational and working environment. Would recommend seeking out student employment opportunities at the Wellness and Recreation Center.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, united work environment
Cons
There is a student employment cap on hours worked per week.
Laid back workplace with friendly pros.
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work consist of mainly checking I.Ds. I've learned that everyone is not as honest as they might appear to be. The co=workers are about their own work production and not others. The job is fairly easy.
Location is good
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  DelawareApril 20, 2015
Delaware State University overall is an decent place to work. The one particular was staff at this university were not responsive to day-to-day business operations. Very very fustrating when you come to work to get the job done.
Pros
Cons
Staff non responsiveness
Productive and fun
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 8, 2015
Delaware State University is a great place to work . As long as one does assigned tasks, stay motivated, positive , and is a good user of time management the workplace will be excellent.
Great place for internship
Intern-Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 11, 2015
With the state of the art weight room facility, this was an incredible experience after playing there, to coach there as an intern. Learned a lot about how to manage a large amount of space and various groups inside of a 33,000 square foot weight training facility.
Great Place to work
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 6, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience here. The University is family oriented and is building a great name and legacy for tomorrows future. I have learned so much from so many influential people at DSU.
I give delaware state a rating of five star
Assitant Band Director (Current Employee) –  Dover DelawareFebruary 23, 2015
I have a wonderful time at work each day when dealing with the young students. I work hard to assure that they are getting the training necessary to be a success in life. To see them walk across that stage and recieve their degree is satisfaction all by itself
Pros
Great kids being developed
Cons
Losing one who just was not college material
great assistant experience and an awesome supervisor
Veterans Affairs Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 28, 2015
Started the day with answering phones and taking messages. organized important documents and added new information. shred old files and created folders for new students. I learned great secretarial and organizational skills. Also great communication skills were acquired. i had great co-workers who were awesome with showing me the ropes in the office. There was not really a hard part to the job i thoroughly enjoyed it and interacting with all the students.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks and i could complete my college homework when there was no work to be done
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Delaware State University Reviews by Location