Delaware Technical Community College Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work, but limited opportunities
Summer Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 17, 2017
Deltech has a friendly and relaxed work culture in general with effective management and projects and programs that are both interesting and engaging to be involved with. One major drawback can be that if you work for Deltech, leave and then try to come back, it could be difficult to get back in due to the nature of the open positions they have at the time you're looking to apply.
Pros
Pleasant work colleagues, relaxed environment, interesting work in general, decent pay
Cons
very few opportunities for career advancement
Good atmosphere
Science Peer Tutor (anatomy and physiology) (Current Employee) –  300 N Orange St, Wilmington, DE 19801November 27, 2017
My job as a peer tutor involved being engaged with the students and answering questions in a creative way that would enable the students to retain the information. The culture was very diverse. Developing friendships with students who came in occasionally was the norm and was the most enjoyable part of working as a tutor..
Pros
Friendships, teaching, learning
Cons
part-time
Fun place to work
Youth Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 24, 2017
Working a Delaware Tech is a productive and fun place to work. Management is caring and understanding, and they believe in a family and work life balance.
Nice Place to Intern
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DENovember 22, 2017
Delaware Technical Community College, is a nice place to Intern. Most advisors will work with you on balancing your classes and Internship. Great platform to start on.
Poor Management and Leadership
Library (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 19, 2017
Starting at the top, the Del Tech Leadership is toxic. Even if you start out being one of the "golden employees" things will change and they will demote you or start an inhuman campaign against you to drive you insane, make you lose your self-confidence and to make you leave.

There will be no help from leadership or HR. Most employees at DTCC are currently counting the days until they can retire.
Pros
Great State Benefits and Leave and Sick Time
Productive working place
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 1, 2017
It was a fun working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was the paid long breaks. I learnt much about computers than i expected. The hardest part was staying late until every student is out of the lobby.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
helthcare
Courses to Teach
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 11, 2017
Would like to be recognize for my accomplishment as a PHD recipient, and I am not at Delaware Tech.I would like to teach more classes but none seem to be available.
Awesome to work for, but limited in advancements
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEOctober 5, 2017
As a DelTech employee, I love the atmosphere that I help create for the students and for my fellow employees. Working here has given me more for my time, than any other job. I love the company and would recommend it to any young person as a starter to a life long career.
No advancement, no raises
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 21, 2017
I can say that I have enjoyed meeting and working with some co-workers, and will be sorry to leave my current supervisor, but over all, the cost of living increases yearly, but pay doesn't. It's unacceptable
Pros
Relationships
Cons
wages
It's all in who you know
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJuly 26, 2017
The title staes at all. You have to know somebody to get in and you have to look a certain way and know even more people to move up. The company went through managerial changes and again the workers suffer. Could be a nice place to work
Very Clickie environment
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 7, 2017
Low pay, expected to do tasks of higher pay grade. Top heavy in management. Poor employee moral. Very stressful. Pretend to be family friendly. Benefits are great but not worth the stress and degrading of upper management
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management, top heavy
Exceptional School
Educational Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DE 19904July 7, 2017
Working at Delaware Tech has a lot of benefits. It has regular work place drawbacks but the rewards are totally worth it. If you want a good steady job that has decent pay great benefits both health and education Delaware Tech is a great place to plant yourself
Wondeful place to work
Student Affairs Department Student Success Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 3, 2017
During my time at Delaware Technical Community College I was easy going individuals who were highly motivated to complete each and every task. Basic knowledge and understanding of how to read pertinent student information. Task included administering college placement test, sending out acceptance letters, following up retention rates and community outreach,
Pros
Easy going culture
Cons
compensation
Very caring co-workers
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for Del Tech dental hygiene program. The staff are so caring and always willing to help new employees. I am very impressed about the commitment & professionalism of the entire team. I was very sad to leave the position due to relocation.
Pros
Friendly and supportive co-workers
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees
Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 17, 2017
Classes were very organized. The rooms were clean and the equipment was in good working order. The students were prepared to learn. My experience was limited to teaching the QuickBooks classes.
rewards
OAASIS Worker/office aide (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJune 12, 2017
I love my job. helping students earn there GED and working in the office is great. I have learn patience and understanding when working with students. The most rewarding part of my job is when they keep going through things and still earn there credential and it makes me feel like all my helping has worked.
Great People; Difficult to Obtain Position
Contracted Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 30, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for; the people I met were extremely kind and willing to help. Unfortunately, getting a position there is extremely difficult unless you do not mind working sporadically.
Staff was nice
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 25, 2017
Normal office day work. Making copies , working on the computer, filing & alphabetizing. The staff is really nice & willing to help you. And the food is great 👍
Good place to work and study
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2017
• Organizing shelves, checking in and checking out books, CDs, newspaper, providing and assisting information to help students or guests to searching their resources.
• Facilitated tutoring in a variety of subjects managed student records and handled administrative duties.
• Assessed individual student needs and provided resources and instruction to ensure optimum skills advancement.
• Performed as an informational liaison to management committees, media outlets and the public and recorded and submitted campus association activities and events.
Pros
easy time management
Work Environment is pleasant
Employment Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEMay 5, 2017
Always a pleasure to go to work. Helping others obtain their potential is always rewarding. Learn something new everyday. Ever changing programs and requirements.
Pros
Learning is endless
Cons
No Benefits as PT-Temp

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware Technical Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2