Delek US Holdings Employee Reviews

Stay Away from This Company especially El Dorado
Mid Upper Level Position (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARDecember 4, 2017
In my opinion, this company is reactive and micro manages to a level that is not productive. There is also no work/life balance unless you work is all you want to do. Also the leadership team does not collaborate and this is supported by their leader. There have been many changes at this refinery including numerous changes at the manager level as it is difficult to work with the manager. They have no direction except for making changes for the sake of making change. There is not a lot of good to say about this company especially the overall leadership at El Dorado.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Non-Competive Pay, Micro Managing, Unsafe
Fair
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 5, 2017
Overall company has been challenging. But, I have learned a lot more about my position to move on to better opportunities to advance my career path....
Competitive Enviroment
Business Analyst - Marketing & Operations (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2017
People are talented over there. Work pace is fast and learning curve is steep. They have really good data warehouse system. Which is definitely a plus for any data analyst or data scientist.
Conservative, but strategic
Director Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Conservatively aggressive Leadership intent on growing the business the right way. The business has doubled every five years or so. Travel in specific roles causes stress
dispatch unorganized
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 6, 2017
sent to missouri when my actual pick up was in eldorado.... management tried to blame me although the paperwork i recieved was wrong.... didnt make anything near what was promised. was left stranded multiple times....
Pros
2 days off
Cons
dishonest pay, bad dispatch, management
Hard work long hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 25, 2017
Job was demanding and stressful. Was on call twenty four hours a day and sometimes work several shifts a day. The pay could have been better for the responsibilities.
typical refinery
Safety Internship (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 19, 2017
You will work rotating shifts and sign a union card. Since everyone uses gasoline it is a 24/7 operation. Because it is a union there is the typical head butting between management and the bargaining unit; however, it is not something that cripples productivity when I was there.
A lot or stress from management
A-Operator and Tank farm pumper (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 19, 2017
A cutthroat environment were the boss's blame the operators for there mistakes that they denied things that the operator was told to do by them and then try to reprimand them.
Great place to learn
PROCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 8, 2017
People are great to work with. Excellent place to build skill set needed to become effective engineer. Tech services group is exposed to various aspects of the business.
fun company to work for
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2017
although this company was fun to work for -with long hours with low pay, the company was not secure enough . some days there were no loads and we got paid by the loads
Pros
team environment
Cons
not secure
Lovely Place and people.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 18, 2016
I work with great people at delek US, there is no job security though. It would be great if they allow work from home and if the contractors are seen as employees and not outsiders.
Needs a certain type of individual
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2016
The position is in a convenience store but depending on the location you may be dealing with issues beyond your control. The position requires an individual be willing to put in long hours, especially if you have staffing issues. You do get support from the district managers and corporate, as well as other store managers. and the corporate environment is one of the more supportive that I have seen. Delek does strongly believe in promoting from within and there are opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
good benefits, and payrate
Cons
bad work/life balance but this depends on certain factors
Working at Delek Refining is a good stepping stone.
Safety Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 29, 2016
Working at Delek has afforded me to appreciate having a job during the downturn of the oil prices. I'm involved with construction projects and I'm learning how to be a better project manager. I'm invovled with conducting contractor audits and inspection of workplace safety. I conduct Industrial Hygiene testing on our employees and reporting on what type if any, exposures they are subjected to.
Pros
A challenge every day.
Cons
Micro-management. No trust or confidence from immediate manager
Dont waste your time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2016
If you want to work all weekend and work all night this is the place for you. Good equipment just no family life. Average pay but no room for advancement
Pros
Lol
Good working envirnonment
Safety Intern (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 19, 2016
Good company to work for. I enjoyed working with the stuff there. they all treated me respectfully at all times. I managed myself. I was not micro managed by my manger or anyone there.
Excellent Pay
Crude driver (Current Employee) –  .Midland TXNovember 20, 2015
Pay is exceptional I have been hauling crude for 9 years and I have never got close to $200 a day except with this company. If you want a great place to work and the highest pay in the industry go here
Pros
Highest pay around
Cons
Good if looking for stability. Not so much if you want to make $$
Transportation Dept (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 16, 2015
Unless you are the top men in the business, you are small potatoes here. Great people throughout the company but it is a mans world. Females do not get promoted or paid what they are worth. If you are female and have an issue...certain male managers choose to ignore it. Chaotic, way of doing business is questionable. Ethics are questionable. If you want stability- this is your place to work. Small chance of being let go, but you wont get paid what you are worth most likely. I had a degree and was getting paid less than a burger flipper at McDonalds. I also worked 60+ hours a week, 7 days a week and all holidays. No family life.
Pros
Stability, Employee fun, Personal growth and development, Ability to gain further knowledge
Cons
Pay sucks, Overworked, redundant
Great atmosphere to learn
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 16, 2015
Learned much more about fixed asset tax accounting. Management had a great open door policy. Delek promoted an excellent team environment. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to gain knowledge from the great minds at Delek; there was no shortage of things to learn. The hardest part of the job was the company/industry learning curve in my first few months.
very good work place
sap bi/bo consultant (Current Employee) –  franklinJuly 13, 2015
Nice work place and friendly co-workers
learnt a lot of new skills
very good manager and flexible even when i was travelling
Great workplace excellent benefits
Store manager, (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 19, 2014
Nothing like running your own store. ordering product overseeing employees,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delek US Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.