Delex

Delex Employer Reviews

Tight-knit team, highly cooperative, and opportunities to work on training systems
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Tyson's Corner, VA (during my employment)February 26, 2015
Pros: lunch bar/coffee shop, underground parking, attended trade shows
Cons: long commute with no options for carpooling
Each Intelligence Analyst was responsible for a particular report and interfacing with the customer's analyst to make sure it satisfied what customer wanted.
Much of my training was on-the-job and also involved making certain that information was up-to-date, accurate, and had the proper classification markings. As directed, I would hand-off my work for the review by other analysts and would review their work in turn.
The management at Delex Systems was stable and made it a practice to visit all departments.
My co-workers were a great team but were also diverse. Those differences happily made the Team a better producer. Many of my co-workers were involved for multiple years with the customer. There was stability in the work force. Other Intelligence Group personnel worked off-site at another location.
The hardest part of the job involved trips to the customer's location in Suitland, MD. Frequently, the customer's representative would be drawn away at odd moments. This required another meeting to be scheduled. Access to the necessary data was not always readily forthcoming which impacted the delivery schedules.
The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering a great product that impressed the customer, made the customer look good to his superiors, and resulted in a letter of thanks to Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR). A happy COTR is better than a decidedly unhappy one.