Delgado Community College

Delgado Community College Employer Reviews

I was given many duties and not enough time to complete them
Administrative Assistant in Admissions (Former Employee), Metairie, LouisianaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed encouraging the students and helping them arrange their curriculum.
Cons: the staff was often in conflict with each other or with the dean.
Katrina left this school in disarray. Many classes were cancelled as the school was commandeered by FEMA and National Guard. Records and transcripts were scattered. Class registration each semester was very time consuming and problems with computer system interrupted the flow of registrations. I assisted the admissions administrator but she was often – more... out of the office and many of the duties I had required me to be away from my desk. I could not abandon the phones or transfer them elsewhere. I was very frustrated working here and found many of my co workers were related. – less
Could be better
Police Officer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Some officers look out for you and some don't. If you do your job and don't get caught up, you will be okay. You really learn a lot but the pay is not what it should be.
Fun work palce
Student Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2014
Great work place, and great co-workers.
I learned a lot about dealing with students.The hardest part of the job is when students act like they are following the instructions, but they really don't.The most enjoyable part of the job is when tutoring students.
great!
Tutor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2014
a fun and educational work place that fosters ones intellect and challenges wit.
Disfunctional leadership stretches committed workers and faculty to their limits
former faculty (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2014
the hardest part of working at Delgado is loving what you do, who you teach, your colleagues, while having to address barriers at every turn that dis-able good teaching, student success, and innovation.
I lesrned so much working here!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
Professors were always available for newer instructors. Students were eager to learn.
Engaging learning environment with motivated students
Instructor of English as a Second Language (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 27, 2014
As an ESL Instructor, I am responsible for providing clear and practical lessons about the structure of the English language, assessing student progress, and providing general guidance for students. My fellow instructors are passionate about their jobs which makes for a pleasant, productive work environment. Overall, the ESL student population is highly – more... motivated to improve their English skills in order to improve their personal and professional lives. This makes my job enjoyable and rewarding. – less
A good day at work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 15, 2014
One day at work I learned new things to do on the computer that I didn't know .
Clean
Administration Assistant- Registrar's Office (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2014
The school is very clean, the teachers there are nice and nice.
Always eager to get to work
Adjunct Professor/Tutor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 14, 2014
I love my job teaching, but I'm returning to my sales career as a full time career. I get along with everyone I work with and enjoy feeding off of one another ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a student struggle with materials in the beginning of the semester, but then they finish with a good grade at the end of the semester. Progression – more... and learning is there as proof. The hardest part of the job is to get the ones who do not care as much about their school success interested in going forward with their careers. I learn that I cannot force students (employees) to do what they are supposed to do and allow them to realize their mistakes themselves after not following guidelines. – less
School
Continuing Education (Former Employee), Covington, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: finding classes
Continuing my education in nursing and logistics
I took courses in logistics because I would get that degree while working on my nursing degree.
Exciting and encouraging workplace
Admissions' Clerk/Adminstrator 3/ Union Liaison (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 10, 2013
Pros: relaxed
Cons: n/a
Awesome place to work! They're very understanding towards women with families and are willing to work with your educational endeavors at all costs, whether it's there at Delgado or another institution.
Assisting students on daily basic with paying tuition.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LA. 70058September 19, 2013
I assit and receive funds from students on a daily basis with paying tuition and various financial needs.
During my time hear I have learned that you have to be patient with student because they may not always know the way to proceed and they sometimes need a little extra assistance. Prior to working in the Bursar office I worked as a supervisor in – more... the Shipping and Receiving Department.
The Hardest part of my job is not having proper access to assist studen ts like I need to and the most enjoyable part is being able to assist the students and to see thier faceslight up with excitement when they have the help they need. – less
Good Training
Welding Training (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: good real-life training
I trained to be a welder. As instructors, I had a Professor of Manual Arts and a professional welder.
Gave me my first technology job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2013
This company gave me my initial foundation for work. With this foundation, I was able to grow in my field.
N/A
Administrative Assistant 5 (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2013
An environment that fosters growth, and will propel you career to the next level.
Productive and on going environment
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: work is done in doors
Cons: short breaks
Assist students with financial needs. Process paperwork, look into student background information, file data into system. organize files, copy and fax documents. Answering phone calls and answering questions.
Stepping Stone and Learning Lesson
Writing Tutor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2013
Wonderful lesson to garner education and work experience.
I enjoyed serving the students with respect and care for all their families.
office assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 20, 2013
Pros: we competed for food and time off during the school holidays.
I assisted in the operations of the campus office and did great on this adventure of an establishment. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we are all family in this great establishment.
Productive work place
Laborer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 20, 2013
It was a Productive workplace that constantly gave back to the community.