Delgado Community College Employee Reviews

Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 6, 2015
It is a very flexible contract opportunity. I enjoyed helping students enroll in school and achieve their goals. The company allows students to get an associate's degree at a more reasonable cost than a university.
I love this job
Federal Work Study student worker (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Nursing program and its requirements as I am in school to become a Nurse. This job is full of information that can assist you in your field of study.
Barnes & Noble head cashier and customer service rep.
Office work study (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 21, 2015
Barnes & Noble head cashier and customer service rep. learn alot about books. learn good management skills. the job is enjoyable & co workers are great
Student friendly part-time positions
Lab Coordinator/Tutor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2015
The positions I held as a Lab Coordinator and Tutor at Delgado Community College were filled with growth opportunities. I found myself relishing each victory no matter how small because it made a difference to my fellow students and the instructors I was assisting. The most challenging parts of the position was navigating the politics of a state funded school and bridging departmental gaps. The most fulfilling part of the position was finding creative ways to inventory hardware and software assets as well as learning new techniques maintain software updates.
Pros
Self-directed work, Good experience
Cons
Departmental insulation
Easy going with great co-workers
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 25, 2015
helped students in the math lab with their homework and prepare for tests in various levels of mathematics up to calculus III
Positive faculty to administration relationships gave favorabel work situation
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 9, 2015
College atmosphere and orientation has shifted as Deans retired or were replaced. Overall, a good work situation with reasonable flexibility given to faculty.
Laid back and fun work environment
Test Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LouisianaJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work consist of assisting students with their academic needs by phone and in person.

I learned to be patient when dealing with customers/students

Management can sometimes be a pain but mostly a pleasant experience.

Co-workers are great

Hardest part of the job is adjusting to the many policy changes

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is very laid back and the freedom to do your work without people looking over your shoulder
Great working enviorment.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 13, 2015
Working constantly finding current address. Management willing to assist in any way. Friendly co-workers. Help other employee when need.
Pros
Entering daily work with little or no supervsion
Cons
No working during holiday season
Great Work Environment
Adult Education Tutor/ ACE Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 16, 2015
I love the Adult Education Department! My coworkers are friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about the work they do. They always look forward toward progress with program effectiveness and student learning.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
part time hours
Basketball Coash
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 3, 2015
duties have included recruiting, fund raising, planning and management of tryouts, practice planning, teaching parent coaches; also attended numerous seminars and clinics on Coaching Skills and Tactics
Pros
Working out and meeting new people.
Cons
healthcare
Earning Associates
Student (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LaMarch 19, 2015
I am currently working towards my associate transfer degree to UNO in Civil Engineering. I am extremely passionate about challenging myself, and my mind. I plan on continuing on to UNO and receiving my Bachelors in the Environmental and Civil Engineering.
High entergy, positive thinking and motivating
Culinary Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2015
I have always had a love for the industry and education has always been a big part of my life. Training and developing the next culinarians of the world is important. I want to transfer all I can to help develop and prepare the youth for the future. I only wish to make them better and bettered prepared.
Pros
highly motivated and enthusiasic, positive
Cons
can't share my knowledge fast enough with others.
I enjoyed learning new skills on this position
Clerk-Typist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 19, 2015
While working for Delgado Community College I picked up lots of skills. One of those skills was learning how to repair damaged library books. This skills I have used numerous of times for books that needed repairing at home.

I worked for the library processing the library books before they were put on the shelves. I also helped my Supervisor with ordering new library books. I had to type information on the invoices, and I also did inventory.
Great work environment and Co-workers
Chair of Sciences: Assistant Professopr of Biology (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2014
I am the Chair of Sciences at Delgado Community College in New Orleans Louisiana. I have been teaching Anatomy & Physiology I and II, General Biology for 20 years. Other courses I have taught include Nutrition and Microbiology: Human Pathogens. I am am the direct supervisor for 12 faculty members. I generate and assign all Biological Science courses for our department every semester. I have been teaching Anatomy & Physiology I and II, and General Biology courses online for 10 years. We utilize the BlackBoard Learning Management System to administer our online courses. I am seeking to teach online courses in Biology and Anatomy & Physiology.
Pros
i have a great faculty and all of them love to teach and they do it well
Cons
nothing
Great owner, great place to work.
Project Manager, Employer not the College. (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LouisianaNovember 13, 2014
This is a great employer, not always going to get a full weeks work and then when it's busy there was overtime.
Pros
union job
I was given many duties and not enough time to complete them
Administrative Assistant in Admissions (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LouisianaOctober 7, 2014
Katrina left this school in disarray. Many classes were cancelled as the school was commandeered by FEMA and National Guard. Records and transcripts were scattered. Class registration each semester was very time consuming and problems with computer system interrupted the flow of registrations. I assisted the admissions administrator but she was often out of the office and many of the duties I had required me to be away from my desk. I could not abandon the phones or transfer them elsewhere. I was very frustrated working here and found many of my co workers were related.
Pros
i enjoyed encouraging the students and helping them arrange their curriculum.
Cons
the staff was often in conflict with each other or with the dean.
Could be better
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Some officers look out for you and some don't. If you do your job and don't get caught up, you will be okay. You really learn a lot but the pay is not what it should be.
Fun work palce
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2014
Great work place, and great co-workers.
I learned a lot about dealing with students.The hardest part of the job is when students act like they are following the instructions, but they really don't.The most enjoyable part of the job is when tutoring students.
great!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2014
a fun and educational work place that fosters ones intellect and challenges wit.
Disfunctional leadership stretches committed workers and faculty to their limits
former faculty (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2014
the hardest part of working at Delgado is loving what you do, who you teach, your colleagues, while having to address barriers at every turn that dis-able good teaching, student success, and innovation.