Delhaize America Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Downfall is my shift hours and days.
Inventory Control Management specialist (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MEJanuary 11, 2016
Counting/Empty slot checks, Auditing and assisting with new item set up. Input adjustments to WMS from inventory count books.
Pallet jack trained to assist in production. Collect damages for processing with pallet jack. OP trained/ fall protection trained. Inventory management is like putting small fires out all day. It keeps you on your toes and never bored. There is always something new to learn. I love the investigating part. Very rewarding when I am able to find missing product and save the company money and the customers are able to receive the product ordered. I work with many co-workers which means I work with a lot of different personalities. Most are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is my hours of work. Noon-8:30 is not an easy shift to have being a single mom and having kids at home.
Management is very good. Always having a door open to talk and very approachable.
Pros
two 20 minute breaks/free popcorn and popsicles.
Cons
Shift hours/working weekends
Friendly Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 2, 2015
This company is a delight to work for, however I require more hours to work. The employees are kind to each other as well as the customers. They are very flexible with the hours that you can and can not work due to school or another job.
Ive worked here for 7 years different positions , ive done it all!
Pershible lift driver (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VANovember 19, 2015
It's a good job it has its it's and down like any other job. If you like to call in all the time we'll then don't apply that's not honored. Almost became a supervisor senority doesn't mean a lot . college grades welcome !!!!! I've seen a lot of people come and go more so go if you feel you have what it takes come on in. Benefits are ok .....and the job pays the bills..... Enough said!!!!! I'm out
Pros
Cons
Short lunch, no yearly bonus, short hours from time to time seasonal
human resources (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 1, 2015
Good place to grow and alot of advancement opportunities, company has a great culture and diversity. Enjoyed my time with them
Promotes Diversity and Inclusion
Program Manager Sustainability (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 30, 2015
Delhaize America Promotes diversity and inclusion. Its a company doing its best to maintain culture in a period of industry consolidation.
Pros
Global presence
Cons
Going through Mergers
Work
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Elloree, South CarolinaOctober 16, 2015
It seems like everyone is a superior except the superior so many chiefs and a little bit of Indian if you want to work hard all day this the for you go to men's bathroom blod all over the toilet seat no drug testing every time before a drug come all the employees know about it in a week advanced so if you're on drugs this place to work they pick and choose who they want to test alcohlic well come gan members well come prostits well come drg dealers well come don't have a felony over worked under paid but sometimes you got do what you have to do in situation that is the truth
Pros
The company is a good but the people
Cons
Misery like company believe that I know
Room to grow!
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 22, 2015
I absolutely love working here. Sky is the limit. There are tremendous and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Work Life Balances
One of the Best places I have ever worked
marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  nashville gaSeptember 2, 2015
Hated to see it go from a family owned company to a publicly traded company. Long term employees that were like family and new leadership did not recognize the importance of those employees to maintain the success of the brand.
Pros
GREAT people and GREAT leadership
Cons
owned by Bi-Lo holding
Loading Supervisor Team 3
Warehouse Outbound Loading Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VAAugust 27, 2015
hard work....long hours...opportunities for inside advancement great people to work with but must be able to work shift duties
A very rewarding place to work for the past 10 years.
Lead Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCAugust 7, 2015
I was given the opportunity to relocated 2 years ago when the FL office was sold. I was able to achieve my goal to move into a office supervision position. However, there was a conflict of interest. I chose to resign because my significant other had more tenure.
good company to work for
Director of Construction, Design, Retail Projects (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 25, 2015
A solid company with new leadership and strategy. In the early stages of a merger with Ahold. competitive pay including incentives. If you like a fast pace, and constant challenges, this is the place for you.
Pros
great executive leadership team
Cons
terrible IT infrastucture
Continually restructuring company for close to 10 years
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 2, 2015
The company has undergone numerous restructuring at the Salisbury, North Carolina and Scarborough, Maine locations. Because of the constant layoffs, morale is low and employees do not have job security. Quite a few people left in the IT department. I predict more layoffs to come with the Ahold merger that is currently underway..
Pros
collaborations with fellow associates
Cons
benefits - health insurance out of pocket costs were expensive and didn't provide robust coverage
Over competitive, dangerous work environment,
Picker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 1, 2015
Delhaize America is a decent job in itself, you show up, grab your gear hop on your pallet jack and star pulling orders. Now all this sounds great in orientation but the reality sets in when you get on the floor. The supervision is not equipped enough to keep any kind of peace on the floor. people are rude and indecent because of the outrageous time limits they put on orders and because of that its a dangerous place to work.
Pros
Pretty decent pay
Cons
3rd shift, Very bad work environment
Everything is Outsourced - IT
IT (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 1, 2015
Most of IT is outsourced. Disorganization, incompetence, and inconsistency are daily traits. Management has no idea which way to go and will try to cut cost/pinch pennies on every project. Departments don't collaborate with each other.

The pay is mediocre, but the 401k is very good compared to other companies.
Pros
401k
Cons
Outsourcing, Management, Instability
loved working with stores and teaching them newly corporate initiuatives and implementing new strategies
Corporate Regional Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 7, 2015
I have worked in retail for 18yrs. I really was able to earn my way into positions quite easily key positions. work/home balance was good. was able to work with stores and community to expand the delhaize culture.
Pros
customer service, training
Cons
hard to get wok life balance
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 30, 2015
flexible times but everyone is way overloaded with responisbility and work but very few people actually seem to be qualified to fill thier positions...no one wants to change
Pros
felxible
Cons
no change
People are OK; management is volatile
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 21, 2015
constant reorganization, very little room for advancement, inconsistent expectations, unclear roles and responsibilities

schedules are flexible, work from home opportunities when needed, benefits are on par with other companies in the area, salaries are competitive
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
little job security
Productive Workplace
PRICING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 6, 2015
Great company, with lots of potential. Ability to grow and learn new things. Great people to work with. Enjoyable corporate and retail environment.
Hard work/fun
Loader/Picker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 31, 2015
Worked in freezer -5 degrees, Can be very fun with Good employees, Great pay with good benefits, very little supervision, can get dangerous if products is not handled properly
Productive Workplace
Patching & Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMarch 15, 2015
Great company to work for while I was an employee. After I was outsourced, it was still a great company to work with to accomplish all of my tasks.
Pros
great culture, fun company to work with
Cons
outsourcing