Delhaize America Employee Reviews

Too much
Selector/Loader (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAFebruary 17, 2017
It's OK job if you put time into it. Got to take your time to learn job . So you can make more money. Supervisor got there favorite brown nose they will take floor to do nothing.
Slave labor
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VAFebruary 15, 2017
They tell you you're gonna make 15.50 an hour but that's only if you can keep up with their voice picking system. The hardest job I've ever had was here at food lion distribution. Do not work here thinking you're gonna be able to move up to supervisor or get into the offices. You're just a number to management. They lied to me about how much they were paying me when i moved up from order selector to loader. My pay actually went down,they pay every 2 weeks too so be prepared for that long struggle.
Pros
Close by the house
Cons
Everything, terrible company to work at
very high pace work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Work he was a physical fitness test daily because when your filling orders your being timed and if you take to long it counts against you. Also if you finish you orders faster you can go home earlier and get extra money in your pay check they had a program there call the early out program.
Pros
pay was well
Cons
management treated you like a robot/just another number
Great company to work for
Regional Shelving Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
I have spent 10 years with Delhaize AMERICA and could not be happier. The only reason that I left the company was due to my wife getting a huge promotion and having to move up north. great bosses and a great company.
Pros
Great Bosses, great pay, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Working weekends and holidays, but that comes with retail
Productive and Fun Workplace to be.
Contract Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 26, 2017
I really enjoyed my time here as a Graphic Designer. It was fun, management was okay and I've learned a lot of things. There wasn't really a hard part of the job because I was able to adjust to the projects being given but the only part I didn't enjoy was the company of the gate security guard. I can definitely say that the term "rude" when it comes to her was an understatement, she was mean to me on my first day. Despite her, Overall I enjoyed the perks!
Pros
Almost Everything
Cons
The Security Guard
Wonderful work environment
Regional Shelf Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Print POGs, assign duties, report attendance, execute assigned duties, walk store with management, report to home office.

Learned to control my personal feelings regarding each employee. Saw the potential in each person, even if they were different from me. The differences were what I learned to love the most.

Was able to match each person's strong points to specific tasks, thereby making the most of the time in the work day.

Learning how important is was to take what I thought was the truth and realize I had so much to learn.

Hardest part of the job was discussing with a team member the fact that they were not working up to what the job required.

Most enjoyable part of the job was when that troubled employee turned the corner and became a "star player" on the team!
Pros
Great working envirnment
Cons
long distance travel between stores
Peopel are nice but the work environment is not good. Lack of organiztation
Hyperion Developer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work is Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. I receive requirment by emai every monring and follow instructions do the work. I learned new tools, different way of doing works and also learned more patient at work place when the requirements don't work when it supposes to work. The management is ok but it should be better. I spent almost a month to have my computer because the IT deparment was so busy and also bad a communication between IT department and manager. My co-workers were nice to me but their vision of the country as well as the world is not really honorable. The hardest part of the job is spent much hours sit down and also the longest hours on screen hurts eyes. The most enjoyable part of the job is I learned almost everyday new things.
Very rewarding, fun, stable place to work.
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 16, 2017
GREAT atmosphere, great people. Stable, rewarding career working here. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. Most people have been working here their whole career.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Fork-lift Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAJanuary 11, 2017
Working at Delhaize has been an experience. Training the new hires and working on the floor myself has given me the opportunity to be a better worker while also giving others the utensils to succeed at this company.
LIon's Pride
Forklift Operator Certified, Selector (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work for, keeps you fit and balanced. Always moving and making money. You can work out get in shape quickly. Great for a healthy start. Growing company with great people to work for. Team environment, Open for the hungry at heart. Money, Money, Money, $$$$$$$ you can bring home 1800 easy every 2 weeks. Pay off your current debt and start another. You will never be broke, always work to do. You got to be on time and never call out of work. if your into basket ball or Sport the guys are open to that and play as well on site basket ball court and gym. locker room, the Women are nice and will help if you don't know.

Be prepared daily, and go to work on your day off. or call in to see if you can come in. Go hard for your first year! you will move up very quickly. this job is for the quick thinker.
Pros
Money. Money, Money, $$$$$ 1800.0 biweekly +bouns or over time
Cons
no fault policy, North Carolina General Statue 15a. Beware !!
Good environment, until different management came in.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 28, 2016
It was ok working here I loved the environment, loved the diverse amount of workers that worked in that establishment. Everything was ready when you got to work, as in your register being clean, till in place.
Great job oppurtunity
Full-time Nonperishable Selector (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VANovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work goes by pretty smooth for the most part, as long as everyone gets there and get started with the work. I have learned how to pull and stack orders at a fast, but effective pace. Management gets their job done, but its up to the selectors to make the day go by. The job isn't hard at all, but its up to you to take your skills to make it easy and fun. The part i enjoy most about the job, is racing others on orders and admiring my order when it is done.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work! Great neighborhood feel!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  York, MENovember 14, 2016
Hannaford has been a great stepping stone for me, it has introduced me to the challenges and rewards of working with the public. It requires patience, humility, and problem solving skills, great customer service and a posting, albeit a sense of humor. It reminds me to be kind to all.
Pros
Well managed breaks, time off requests are heard. Understanding of life changes.
Cons
No paid time off for per diem.
The knowledge and flexibility is welcoming
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 7, 2016
The company has a chance to challenge and learn more; which is a valuable opportunity with the company.

My position is in Store Sales Accounting I have experience with (SSAN, SAR. and Walker) Mainframe software to audit stores financials. I also have experience with Web Focus a program to help with analyzing and auditing stores accounting bookwork and run queries to assist with reconciling, monitoring, and analyzing the department accounts, along with preparing period end questions. I on a daily basis Process information, this includes compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data. Making decisions and solving problems analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Maintaining and reconciling schedules, as well as entering credits back to accounts. I utilize General Ledger, Excel, Word, and Outlook on a regular basis to assist in my work.
This job required to being a team player
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCOctober 24, 2016
Being that North Carolina was hot, working at this company was very exciting because you were always in a nice cool environment. A typical day went fast because you was always busy.
Pros
You was able to get discounts
Cons
I didnt like my hours, but loved my work.
good pay and benefits
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VAOctober 24, 2016
very fast paced environment
must like the cold depending what area you are in
have to basically with every order to maintain production
competitive pay and hours
decent trainers.
Cons
have to work 100 mph at all times and high turnout
Corporate world
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEOctober 19, 2016
Typical office day job. It felt as though there was constant re-structuring. An enormous amount of turn over in my department not only at the analyst level but at the manager level also.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Dealing with politics
Fun place to work if you love helping customers daily.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 16, 2016
Overall I have enjoyed my tenure with Delhaize. Made a lot of great friends and enjoyed moving up the corporate ladder. Would recommend Delhaize to anyone looking for a career dealing with customer service.
Pros
Customer focused
Cons
Advancement
it is a pleasant to work for
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAOctober 13, 2016
I monitor the driver activity and ensure cost are down such as fuel cost.
I over see the dispatch operation to ensure the drivers are getting the adequate number of trip within their DOT hours.
I work with setup to ensure that the back-hauls and salvage pick up is set correctly in order to save mile on the routes.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 6, 2016
I've worked at Delhaize for about a year now. I believe that's long enough to have a idea of the culture. I really enjoy the company, the benefits and you don't have to worry about job security. Delhaize intends to keep you around and they work with their team members. They do a lot without a ton of staff. They should work to be a little more innovative and competitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delhaize America. Our community is ready to answer.