Delhaize America Employee Reviews in United States

Accounting Assistant
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 18, 2016
By far the worst company, with the worst employees, the worst work ethics and culture EVER. Hard work is frowned upon. I was told numerous times to "slow down", to a pace that barely kept the brain active. If you are hired as a temp, you are not included in anything except for the work nobody else wants to do. You are invisible and treated horribly.
Pros
When it was time to leave for the day!
Cons
No raises, no advancement, no friendly faces
Distribution Center review
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAMarch 2, 2016
I really thought some of the expectations were unrealistic. You definitely worked really while on the clock but I don't see how their rate system is fair to its employees. They had great benefits and took care of their employees beyond that.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
not realistic expectations
Productive work place
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCFebruary 18, 2016
Delhaize America llc is a good job for young people newly introduced to the work field. Co-workers are vey pleasent to work with.
Pros
co-workers, vacations, pto, benefits
Cons
management employee relationships, short breaks, unknown work hours daily
Enjoyed my time there.
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Would recommend if you want to learn the retail side of selling groceries and delivering customer service. Too many changes at corporate level every year. Depends on who's in charge at the time changes are being made.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Ive worked here for 7 years different positions , ive done it all!
Pershible lift driver (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VANovember 19, 2015
It's a good job it has its it's and down like any other job. If you like to call in all the time we'll then don't apply that's not honored. Almost became a supervisor senority doesn't mean a lot . college grades welcome !!!!! I've seen a lot of people come and go more so go if you feel you have what it takes come on in. Benefits are ok .....and the job pays the bills..... Enough said!!!!! I'm out
Pros
Cons
Short lunch, no yearly bonus, short hours from time to time seasonal
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NC 28147August 15, 2016
A typical day at work is about being able to prioritizing your work load to ensure that all targets and deadlines are met. There are some days longer than others but typically your work week is the same week after week.
I have learned how to dissect financial data, set short and long term goals to achieve outcomes.
I direct supervisor does not look over your shoulder. Divisional targets are set and you are expected to deliver
I do have a good group of co-workers.
I do like that you do not have a boss constantly looking over your shoulder as long as you perform to expectations
Pros
Like creating my own schedule and setting goals
Cons
constant structure change every two years
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work, is going in with a smile on your face, prepared for anything. Grabbing a communicator, that way you can get a hold of someone to find an item when you can not. The hardest part of the job honestly is when you can not satisfy a customer. Due to either lack of an item or the wrong sale price.
The most enjoyable part is when you have a great day at work with your co workers/friends, and knowing you got the job done.
I've learned that sometimes you can not always make every customer happy. Just try better next time.
Pros
30/45 Minutes lunches are great. Working with friendly people is great as well.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Very steady and enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2016
typically the days here were very routine and once you got into the rhythm of the motions you didn't have to go above and beyond to complete a full days work. I learned how to operate their registry system, and polished up on social skills, and reasoning. Management was fair and attentive. I had no complaints about my coworkers young men, and women who were in identical points in their lives as myself. the hardest part of the job were most definitely their opening shifts as they required you to be punctual.
Pros
Fun, enjoyable environment
Cons
Difficult to gain hours during holidays due to rehires
Lots of momentum. On a great trajectory.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 1, 2016
A typical day would include touring the store checking conditions, in stock levels, cleanliness, safety, etc. through regular walks through all departments, with an emphasis on interacting with associates and keeping them engaged. I've become an even bigger proponent of routines, realizing that each day is different and the unexpected can affect daily routines. I have good, strong supervisory leadership and great peers that provide an excellent support system. There is much demand on your time, which does encroach on work/life balance. I love building relationships with associates and seeing potential reached. Also interaction with customers, especially the "regulars".
Pros
Love the culture and direction
Cons
Demands of your time. Work/life balance
Transportation Manager
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 21, 2016
This is a very busy role with lots of surprises but very rewarding. Learning to win in a selling culture in service to the organization's retail business. Additionally, saving money or generating revenue with the transportation operations through incorporating back haul and for hire work. The management team within Supply Chain are very supportive and encouraging. The challenge of this role is finding time to cross train key personnel. The most enjoyable part is developing people.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Excessive or unbalance work load
Evening Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2016
This company is good for workers trying to make decent money during college. There is advancement opportunity for those who work hard, though it is difficult to find such people.
Continually restructuring company for close to 10 years
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 2, 2015
The company has undergone numerous restructuring at the Salisbury, North Carolina and Scarborough, Maine locations. Because of the constant layoffs, morale is low and employees do not have job security. Quite a few people left in the IT department. I predict more layoffs to come with the Ahold merger that is currently underway..
Pros
collaborations with fellow associates
Cons
benefits - health insurance out of pocket costs were expensive and didn't provide robust coverage
Management is a joke
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ME CorporateJune 3, 2016
I guess all management is different, but I was unfortunately paired up with one that has absolutely no idea how to manage. He takes on special projects himself without giving anyone else in the department an opportunity. This is the wrong way to manage. Provide an associate with the tools to grow and watch them flourish. There us no leadership, guidance or mentorship of any kind in our department so if an associate wants to advance, seek elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Management looks out for themselves, benefits
Great coworkers that aren't out to get you.
CASHIER FOOD LION (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2016
I learned how to deal with and talk to customers and resolve issues.
I learned how to manage time and what I can do to keep the front end clean.
The management was good. I didn't have a problem.
My coworkers were all great people. They did anything and everything to help out.
The hardest part of my job, personally, was dealing with angry customers.
I just enjoyed seeing and helping people out.
Great company to work for. Downfall is my shift hours and days.
Inventory Control Management specialist (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MEJanuary 11, 2016
Counting/Empty slot checks, Auditing and assisting with new item set up. Input adjustments to WMS from inventory count books.
Pallet jack trained to assist in production. Collect damages for processing with pallet jack. OP trained/ fall protection trained. Inventory management is like putting small fires out all day. It keeps you on your toes and never bored. There is always something new to learn. I love the investigating part. Very rewarding when I am able to find missing product and save the company money and the customers are able to receive the product ordered. I work with many co-workers which means I work with a lot of different personalities. Most are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is my hours of work. Noon-8:30 is not an easy shift to have being a single mom and having kids at home.
Management is very good. Always having a door open to talk and very approachable.
Pros
two 20 minute breaks/free popcorn and popsicles.
Cons
Shift hours/working weekends
Not able to sustain a normal lifestyle off pay.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 17, 2016
The management has its ups and downs. The pay isn't that good, I was the lowest paid worker barely making over minimum wage. Though that is true if your a high school student looking for a job this is for you.
Fun workplace with a diverse employee and customer base.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 27, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with the company. All levels of management have been both passionate and professional which transfers to other employees. Each day presented new opportunities to exceed expectations in customer service.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Lack of benefits
Everything is Outsourced - IT
IT (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 1, 2015
Most of IT is outsourced. Disorganization, incompetence, and inconsistency are daily traits. Management has no idea which way to go and will try to cut cost/pinch pennies on every project. Departments don't collaborate with each other.

The pay is mediocre, but the 401k is very good compared to other companies.
Pros
401k
Cons
Outsourcing, Management, Instability
Work
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Elloree, South CarolinaOctober 16, 2015
It seems like everyone is a superior except the superior so many chiefs and a little bit of Indian if you want to work hard all day this the for you go to men's bathroom blod all over the toilet seat no drug testing every time before a drug come all the employees know about it in a week advanced so if you're on drugs this place to work they pick and choose who they want to test alcohlic well come gan members well come prostits well come drg dealers well come don't have a felony over worked under paid but sometimes you got do what you have to do in situation that is the truth
Pros
The company is a good but the people
Cons
Misery like company believe that I know
Great environment and consistent work,
PT Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 13, 2016
Great place for advancement, co-workers, and management. I would recommend for anyone looking to gain personal experience in retail markets.
Pros
Steady, Fun, Social
Cons
No set schedule

2.9