Delhaize America Employee Reviews

Subway was a fun envonment toe in.
Food Lion Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 22, 2017
Taking orders up request of the customers.
Prepping food for the next day.
Making bread for the day.
Basic cleaning, lobby, bathrooms, etc.
Close the store.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Close alone
Poorly managed
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2017
Poorly managed and totally lack of caring for employees welfare. They limit employees hours and cut labor costs every chance they can. Full time employees do have limited benefits but are under paid and over stretched. Little to no training is provided, little feed back to the workforce, and annual raises are a joke at .05 to .25 cents. Most of the work force is part time, with no benefits, and paid little more than minimum wage.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Work
Selector/Picker (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 14, 2017
Saturdays Mandatory, physically demanding, biweekly pay, decent benefits, favoritism heavy lifting at times, on your feet throughout the business day.
Terrible management with ZERO care for thier employees.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 13, 2017
If your not afraid of long, underpaid hours and working for supervisors that don't care abt you, your family or your well being this is the place to work. They are constantly changing policies to which there is no accountability. Nothing that is ever done is helpful towards the employee (though they will lie right to you face and say it is). They have systematically removed any and all perks of the job other than the paycheck which unless you've worked there for 2+ years isn't that good to begin with. If you take a job here go in knowing you are only a body that they can/will replace regardless of how hard you work, how attendant you are. They WILL NOT reciprocate your loyalty.
Pros
Health insurance 401k
Cons
Terrible management team. Over worked under paid.
Management awful
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAJune 12, 2017
I have learned to stay to myself because nobody looks out for nobody. Crabs in a barrier, but there is no advancement. The job itself is pretty simple.
Pros
You're doing ur own thing
Cons
Management is awful. Place is just poorly operated
It helped me pay books for my degree in the summer
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 10, 2017
During the summer and any other breaks during the school year they would let me work so I could pay for my books for school. Though it did help it is not a job I feel like I could further advance within the career I want.
Overall a good place to work
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work will be completely dependent on what you job requires of you and what time of the month you are at on the financial calendar. The management team is supportive with other opportunities of learning.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
If you're willing to work through a mountain of potential problems, there is job security.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDMay 30, 2017
During my time here, I was paid minimum wage to start, which is agreeable. From there, I advanced to a customer service representative which required balancing the safe, as well as customer service skills. What I had begun to notice is that the opportunity fro pay advancement for me was not there. Following two years of work, and a year after my promotion to CSR, I left the company making $9 an hour, despite being the most accurate and reliable employee in that area of the store. They do not work hard to keep you as an employee.
Great Enviroment
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VAMay 24, 2017
Mostly consisted of Inventory and Shipping auditing. Very fast paced environment with an emphasis on production. Plenty of room to grow into a management and supervisory position.
Good place to work - tired of restructuring/mergers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 18, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company and I have been with them for several years, but I have grown tired of the several mergers/restructures that I have gone through. I realize that is the way of the world today, but at some point enough is enough.
Pros
work life balance, decent pay
Cons
constant restructuring/mergers
Inclusive and productive environment
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 17, 2017
The best thing about this company is the diversity inclusion and stance on social issues. They are very good with personal and professional development as well. Overall, there is still an attitude of "ole boys club" that sometimes stop innovation and creativity for new things to happen.
Pros
diversity inclusion, global presence, leadership, development
Cons
stagnant workplace, no room for advancement
Fast paced, enjoyable and great place to work
Store Payments and Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 26, 2017
Delhaize America is a fast paced environment with opportunities to learn and grow within the company. I have currently been employed with them for 28 years and enjoyed my development path and career opportunities. Delhaize is a great company for employment.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Uncertanity with Merger
Not the same place it used to be
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 24, 2017
From lax managers, to production pay getting cut, to non-standard hours, to VERY physical work, you name it, and this place will send you home cussing.

I recently worked on 3rd shift at the perishables dept for a little over half a year. If people didn't have to eat, this place would've folded by now. There is no humanity or understanding in this place, and very little respect to be had from the company.

You will never work the same hours, and even your scheduled days will change at the drop of a hat. (my schedule changed 4x in 6 months.) The breaktimes are short and the breakroom is always overcrouded.

On the floor, there is almost no sense of teamwork, in fact it usually feels quite cut throat.

From what I understand, these issues are isolated to the perishables dept, not the dry goods side of things. For the record, I resigned my position.
Pros
You get the same money as everyone else after 2yrs for doing the same exact amount of work
Cons
Too many to list.
Not a good place to work
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 23, 2017
If your looking for a job and just need work then come; or if you are transitioning between jobs. This is not the place for advance. It is only for the 1%.
Good job pays well full time good benefits.
Reciving/shipping crew member (Former Employee) –  Winthroup, MaineApril 22, 2017
I worked night shift. Learned forklift and reviving/shipping basics. Good crew and surpervisers. Job duties were transport material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility. Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility. Checking loads are secure. Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the forklift battery. Stock products in loading racks.
Work Place
Hyperion Developer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 10, 2017
A typical day at work every morning I follow the day's requirement and do the tasks. If it is necessary I ask my a colleague some question regarding the requirment for some clarifications. I learned different ways to do some stuffs. Workplace culutre was terrible. The hardest part of the job people very narrow minded. The most enjoyable part of the job is plentity of time to accomplish the taks.
They care about quality of service a lot and also appearance.
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Elloree, SCApril 7, 2017
Keeping the warehouse clean is a must. The food distribution is checked and made sure quality is standard at least. They harp on cleanliness and time status. But safety is a must!
Longevity at its best
Regional Director Distribution and Transportation (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 7, 2017
Supply chain leader in the grocery industry with aggressive goals and a focus on people. Overall Supply Chain strategy in place and effective, making goal achievement possible.
Great Distribution Center to work at
Perishable Selector (Former Employee) –  Elloree, SCApril 6, 2017
A typical day at work your going to work the hardest you can. I've learned how to work a pallet jack since I worked there. The workplace environment is great.
not a very productive place
Perishable Selector (Former Employee) –  Elloree, SCMarch 30, 2017
Not a very well organized job to work to. this job pay does meet the type production that is being provided by the company over the years many employees have quit because of the pay and supervision is not ran correctly which affects the company.
Pros
great hours
Cons
not enough salary .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delhaize America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9