Delhaize America Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!!!!
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 21, 2016
STAY AWAY FROM ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE!!!! Crazy environment. Coupon Accounting position Is like no other position you have ever worked in.Too many tasks for one person. The on the job training is inadequate based on the scope and complexity of the job. Could not ask teammates questions pertaining to job tasks and some were told not to answer my questions. You are setup to be a failure. I was told by management in my interview that they could not keep anyone in this position and now I know why. No work/ life balance. Have to work holidays. Company has NO HOLIDAYS..They give you a few days you can take for holidays but this department has month end close and most of the month ends fall on small holidsys, so you are not allowed to take them off. Was taking laptop home every other day and weekends trying to keep up with work. Worked for psycho, micro managing supervisor who told me since I was a salaried employee; that meant I was 24/7 and the work had yo be done even if it was on my own time. RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM THE AR DEPT.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Stressful, No work/life balance
It's a OK place to work
Store maintenance coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I spent most of my day on the phone with technicians. They allow two 15 minute breaks and one hour lunch. The do offer overtime from time to time. I worked in call center so we had to take turns to go to lunch and take breaks.
Pros
They have cafeteria.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NC 28147August 15, 2016
A typical day at work is about being able to prioritizing your work load to ensure that all targets and deadlines are met. There are some days longer than others but typically your work week is the same week after week.
I have learned how to dissect financial data, set short and long term goals to achieve outcomes.
I direct supervisor does not look over your shoulder. Divisional targets are set and you are expected to deliver
I do have a good group of co-workers.
I do like that you do not have a boss constantly looking over your shoulder as long as you perform to expectations
Pros
Like creating my own schedule and setting goals
Cons
constant structure change every two years
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work, is going in with a smile on your face, prepared for anything. Grabbing a communicator, that way you can get a hold of someone to find an item when you can not. The hardest part of the job honestly is when you can not satisfy a customer. Due to either lack of an item or the wrong sale price.
The most enjoyable part is when you have a great day at work with your co workers/friends, and knowing you got the job done.
I've learned that sometimes you can not always make every customer happy. Just try better next time.
Pros
30/45 Minutes lunches are great. Working with friendly people is great as well.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Standard Expectations
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Callaway, MDJuly 25, 2016
Very cut-and-dry clock-in-clock-out work place. Get work done, go home. An easy job, and very fast turnover due to the hiring of high school aged kids.
Great coworkers that aren't out to get you.
CASHIER FOOD LION (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2016
I learned how to deal with and talk to customers and resolve issues.
I learned how to manage time and what I can do to keep the front end clean.
The management was good. I didn't have a problem.
My coworkers were all great people. They did anything and everything to help out.
The hardest part of my job, personally, was dealing with angry customers.
I just enjoyed seeing and helping people out.
Great environment and consistent work,
PT Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 13, 2016
Great place for advancement, co-workers, and management. I would recommend for anyone looking to gain personal experience in retail markets.
Pros
Steady, Fun, Social
Cons
No set schedule
Fun workplace with a diverse employee and customer base.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 27, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with the company. All levels of management have been both passionate and professional which transfers to other employees. Each day presented new opportunities to exceed expectations in customer service.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Lack of benefits
Transportation Manager
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 21, 2016
This is a very busy role with lots of surprises but very rewarding. Learning to win in a selling culture in service to the organization's retail business. Additionally, saving money or generating revenue with the transportation operations through incorporating back haul and for hire work. The management team within Supply Chain are very supportive and encouraging. The challenge of this role is finding time to cross train key personnel. The most enjoyable part is developing people.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Excessive or unbalance work load
Management is a joke
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ME CorporateJune 3, 2016
I guess all management is different, but I was unfortunately paired up with one that has absolutely no idea how to manage. He takes on special projects himself without giving anyone else in the department an opportunity. This is the wrong way to manage. Provide an associate with the tools to grow and watch them flourish. There us no leadership, guidance or mentorship of any kind in our department so if an associate wants to advance, seek elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Management looks out for themselves, benefits

Want to know more about Delhaize America?

Ask a question
Older you are when hired less pay
Order puller (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 27, 2016
Put in and was hired for job at this company back in November 2015 would only start me out at 10.00 with 20 + yrs in experience. Same job now May 2016 19 yr old no experience starts at 12.50. I guess more knoledge and 44 yrs. OLD gets you less
Lots of momentum. On a great trajectory.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 1, 2016
A typical day would include touring the store checking conditions, in stock levels, cleanliness, safety, etc. through regular walks through all departments, with an emphasis on interacting with associates and keeping them engaged. I've become an even bigger proponent of routines, realizing that each day is different and the unexpected can affect daily routines. I have good, strong supervisory leadership and great peers that provide an excellent support system. There is much demand on your time, which does encroach on work/life balance. I love building relationships with associates and seeing potential reached. Also interaction with customers, especially the "regulars".
Pros
Love the culture and direction
Cons
Demands of your time. Work/life balance
Serious Inquiries Only
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Point, VAApril 19, 2016
If you love interacting with lots of people, then this is the job for you. Keep in mind that you're working. Being a cashier is not an easy job but it is very interesting every day. Weekends and holidays are busy and you will be on your feet. Be committed and serious if you want a career in sales.
Don't apply
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAApril 16, 2016
Too many chiefs and not enough indians. People including supervisors are very rude. Hardwork is always overlooked no matter what you just can't seem to satisfy them.
Pros
Money & clocking out
Cons
Everythingelse
Very steady and enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2016
typically the days here were very routine and once you got into the rhythm of the motions you didn't have to go above and beyond to complete a full days work. I learned how to operate their registry system, and polished up on social skills, and reasoning. Management was fair and attentive. I had no complaints about my coworkers young men, and women who were in identical points in their lives as myself. the hardest part of the job were most definitely their opening shifts as they required you to be punctual.
Pros
Fun, enjoyable environment
Cons
Difficult to gain hours during holidays due to rehires
Accounting Assistant
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 18, 2016
By far the worst company, with the worst employees, the worst work ethics and culture EVER. Hard work is frowned upon. I was told numerous times to "slow down", to a pace that barely kept the brain active. If you are hired as a temp, you are not included in anything except for the work nobody else wants to do. You are invisible and treated horribly.
Pros
When it was time to leave for the day!
Cons
No raises, no advancement, no friendly faces
Evening Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2016
This company is good for workers trying to make decent money during college. There is advancement opportunity for those who work hard, though it is difficult to find such people.
Distribution Center review
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Disputanta, VAMarch 2, 2016
I really thought some of the expectations were unrealistic. You definitely worked really while on the clock but I don't see how their rate system is fair to its employees. They had great benefits and took care of their employees beyond that.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
not realistic expectations
Challeging and rewarding
Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 28, 2016
Challenging and rewarding work. If you enjoy fast paced environments then this is the place for you.

I've grown professionally and personally.
Pros
Great opportunities for growth
Cons
Always connected to work
Productive work place
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCFebruary 18, 2016
Delhaize America llc is a good job for young people newly introduced to the work field. Co-workers are vey pleasent to work with.
Pros
co-workers, vacations, pto, benefits
Cons
management employee relationships, short breaks, unknown work hours daily

2.9