Delhaize America

Delhaize America United States Employee Reviews

People are OK; management is volatile
supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEApril 21, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: little job security
constant reorganization, very little room for advancement, inconsistent expectations, unclear roles and responsibilities

schedules are flexible, work from home opportunities when needed, benefits are on par with other companies in the area, salaries are competitive
Productive Workplace
PRICING ANALYST (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCApril 6, 2015
Great company, with lots of potential. Ability to grow and learn new things. Great people to work with. Enjoyable corporate and retail environment.
Hard work/fun
Loader/Picker (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 31, 2015
Worked in freezer -5 degrees, Can be very fun with Good employees, Great pay with good benefits, very little supervision, can get dangerous if products is not handled properly
Productive Workplace
Patching & Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great culture, fun company to work with
Cons: outsourcing
Great company to work for while I was an employee. After I was outsourced, it was still a great company to work with to accomplish all of my tasks.
No Need
IT Project Coordinator - TEMP (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 11, 2015
8 - 8 1/2 hr day, 5 days a week. Worked in IT Architectural Design. Benefits for the permanent employees seemed to be good, but nothing for temp.
Delhaize America associates have a wealth of knowledge and freely share that knowledge.
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 9, 2015
My position required me to be availble 24/7/365 not only to answer questions but also to come in and cover an open shift. This proved to be the most difficult part of the job as it resulted in me missing many important family functions. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the look on a new associates face when they finally put all the pieces together and understood the position. My position required that I interact with virtually every department within the company, allowing me to gain a broad understanding of what the company does. All of my co-workers were more than willing to help me understand how I could help them.
A difficult experience for me
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Bottom Dollar was a chain that declined from a fun inviting place to work to a depressed pressure atmosphere wherein no one felt safe.
There was regular management turnover and constant strife etween associates over hours wage increases and transfers. Uppwer management was regularly present but seemed completely disinterested in any issues that did bnot directly cost them money or effort.

The training was a long drawn out 6 week process in several cities throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The training specialists admitted to hiding informtion necessary for preparing for these trips throuhout training because they believed it would distract from their presentations.
great for students
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: works with school schedule, some great coworkers
Cons: not enough hours, some horrible coworkers
This was a great starter job for me. It taught me customer service skills and how to make my own money while attending school. Of course with every good there is a bad. Most of the assistant managers were great to work with, and then there were those who didn't know what to do with authority. The hardest part of the job was getting carts in the rain or beaming hot sun or snow. Other than that I made it fun as it should be for the customer.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), china grove, ncJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, good benefits
Delhaize America is a great place to work and I have thoroughly enjoyed my years at the company. However, I feel that it is time to move on as I have a set of twin boys who just turned 4 so the need for me to be home on the weekends is a must considering they will be participating in soccer and t-ball soon.
A typical day at work is all about helping one another out, pretty much you jump in and take initiative and work wherever anyone needs as well as still managing the front end and taking care of all customers, as well as complaints, refunds, praises, etc.
I have learned alot from working with the company from how to handle problems, to thinking on my feet, to perfecting multi-tasking and how to handle people from all aspects of the spectrum.
I love my co-workers and believe that the key to a successful business is by making sure you treat everyone with respect, no one is more important than the other.
I don't believe there really is a hard part to my job. I have been doing it for so long that it is second nature to me.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. I thoroughly enjoy my customers and co workers and I love to help others and listen. I always strive to make sure that each person has a smile on there face.
fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: temp assignment
Resolving customer issues, and bringing closure to cases in a timely manner
Great workplace with great team members
CITRIX SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great lunch cafeteria with tvs showing the young & the restless every day
Cons: 24/7/365 operation, it overnight on-call very busy
Great team members and team culture
On-site cafeteria, outdoor picnic areas, gym and ball park
Great management team structure
It's a job...
Grocery Shipping (Current Employee), Dunn, NC DC4December 27, 2014
Pros: good money if you get the right job, but you have to wait 2 years.
Cons: poor management, holidays are mandatory, schedule blows and i'll stop there.
Sanitation job may be ok, but a normal day doing anything else you're just bending over and letting them have their way with you. My experience has shown me that your suggestions or opions don't matter. If you want to advance in the company you have to know someone or do alot of brown nosing. If you have a family and enjoy spending holidays with them, kiss that goodbye. I could go on and on about the bs that goes on, but sign yourself up and you'll see.
Delhaize is a worker friendly company. They believe in simplicity in standard practices.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Clementon, NJNovember 29, 2014
I have only worked for Delhaize America for three years. Unfortunately they are moving out of the discount grocery business so my position is being eliminated. That being said, I do think that they are an employee friendly company. They believe in keeping things simple and in developing a light hearted atmosphere. Like any corporation, they also believe in a very high level of accountability.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VANovember 26, 2014
Got along well with my co-workers and management team. Enjoyable environment
A good place to work.
Merchandising and Fixture Specialist /RSM (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: all postived
Cons: we were bought out.
My work day started early.I did some traveling to help teams and the stores.Enjoyed helping out and remolding stores.Working with people and sharing ideas.
Productive and Fun place with poole tables, and basketball court
Q.A. Ambassador (Current Employee), Dunn, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work hrs
Working here is for those who are focused with goals to acheive. Delhaize America will most surely help you reach them.
Acceptable part time workplace with flexible schedules
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Oxford, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: friendly employees, flexible schedule
Cons: does not appreciate employees nearly as much as other companies, grocery crew constantly go on "smoke breaks" literally every 20 minutes, unlike the rest of the work place, low hours
Mostly a typical day at work would be to tend to customers needs and make sure that everything is above par in the work area. Be friendly and attentive. I learned to be a problem solver and find solutions to nearly everything with every problem that can arise. Management should care more of the store as a whole instead of turning their head to other departments that aren't at the front end. Co-workers are friendly for the most part. The hardest part of the job was probably getting carts in the hot sun, freezing cold, or pouring rain. The part I enjoyed most at work was the friends I made there. You'd never expect to be friends with some people but even the most unlikely of friends become the closest of people.
Good pay, mediocre work conditions
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Disputanta, VAJune 24, 2014
Pros: good pay/benefits, job security
Cons: ever-changing schedule, warehouse conditions
Delhaize offered great benefits, however the work environment could have been better. A typical day as a selector would involve starting work at 6am, selecting a pallet jack and head set, then filling and labeling orders as instructed by the computer system. It was production based pay so the harder and faster we filled orders, the higher our production percentage, the higher our pay. A typical work day could last anywhere from 5-11 hours depending on order volume.

A typical day as a forklift operator involved arriving at 6am, selecting a lift and transferring stacked pallets onto trucks for delivery. Typical work day was between 6-10 hours.
Enjoyed most of the people, however, pay was not great.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2014
Really enjoyed working with the people. Most of them were very friendly. It was really hard to get paid what you were worth.
nice
Regional Shelf Merchandiser (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 5, 2014
I worked independently with my team on a daily basis. Clear and concise communication was extremely important via emails, conference calls or direct calling since I was "in the field". I enjoy working independently with my team.
Hard part was miscommunication or incorrect info.

I really enjoyed my teammates and fostered an environment of appreciation and pride.

1 2 3 4

About Delhaize America

Delhaize America is a subsidiary of Delhaize Group, a Belgian-based international food retailer committed to offering customers – Read more

Delhaize America Salaries