Delhaize America

Delhaize America Employer Reviews

High Job Security
Lead Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Dunn, NCJune 27, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: most busy on holidays and inclement whether
Great values and benefits, Very high Job security, Just late and continues hours. Makes it difficult for the family
Call Center
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 25, 2013
Pros: off on the weekends
Cons: customer complaints, too much organizational change, poor management
This is a very stressful work environment. Reps can take anywhere from 30 to 70 inbound calls a day which can range from products questions and concerns to poor treatment at a store. There are a select few associates whom pull their weight and make it a great work environment and others whom make it hard to work as a team.
Great company and is always thinking of new and innovative ways of doing business
Grocery Receiving Supervisor/Shipping (Former Employee), Disputanta, VAMay 12, 2013
Pros: great assocites
Cons: compensation
Worked with great staff and associates. I learned about how being on the front lines of changing the mindset, culture of a company. Strong leadership, safety and accountability were the key components. The hardest part of the job was being prepared for 10% not buying in to the changes. The most enjoyable was the 10% being a part of you leadership team – more... and watching there careers blossom – less
An organization going through a great deal of transition
Director of Category Management (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCApril 17, 2013
An organization going through a great deal of transition, not sure the future direction.
fun, productive place to work
Telecommunications Technician/network Adminstrator (Former Employee), Salisbury, NC Corporate OfficeApril 8, 2013
Pros: company functions for employees-company picnic
Cons: healthcare could be better/
worked for Delhaize america for at least 23 years. Started out woking in the stores and eventually went to the corporate office in Salisbury, NC

the hardest part of the job was being on call
worked well with co workers
the most ehjoyable part was being off on the weekends

A day at the office could be fast paced

worked well with other business partners – more... from within/out of company
Management style over the years seem to get better

I learned as long as you keep an open mind and great attitude you can learn anything with proper tools being provided – less
Fun fast paced place to work, many different departments to work in.
Price and Promotional Analyst (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEApril 1, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: my particular position could be boring sometimes.
Very busy fast paced atmosphere, I spent my days analysing spreadsheets, looking at competitor data, and maintaining retails to meet margin targets. Raised and lowered retails daily to meet market demands.
I LOVE MY JOB
Quality Assurance/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Kearneysville, WVFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: good employees. excellent values. simple. quality. price
Cons: wages
I REALLY ENJOY MY JOB AT FOODLION. I JUST NEED SOMETHING WITH BETTER WAGES

I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM MY MANAGER SHE TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE AN EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE. SHE WORKED WITH ME THREW MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE IN THE RETAIL ENVIRONMENT AS THIS WAS MY FIRST JOB
Great company to work with.
Accounting Administrator II (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCFebruary 13, 2013
Great company learned a lot from management. Good benefits and wonderful people to work with. The company has an exceptional working environment.
Specialist (Former Employee), North EastFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: some what unorganized.
Company going through restructuring. Many changes to previous culture and management. People you work with are hard working and dedicated.
A good to gain Experience
Store Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 5, 2013
Typical retail enviorment. long hours, being pulled multiple direction daily. Good management that understand what we go through in the stores.
work enviornment
Floater (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: reasonable break times
Cons: no overtime, no appreciation
working here wasnt too bad. the pay wasnt very good specially if you were cross trained in other areas. the younger workers are overally social with each other and that takes away from making customers feel welcome and want to come back. the only bonuses you get are on the anniversary of your hire date, and every 6 months you get 6 extra hours on a – more... paycheck. new employess dont get very many training hours. most management doesnt make you feel valued when you do something that benifits the store. – less
Good place to work to utilize all my skills.
COMPETITIVE MARKET ANALYST (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJanuary 30, 2013
Excellent team environment. Normal day was very fast-paced monitering margins and resolving retail issues on a daily basis.
A good place to work
Asst. Store Mgr/District Lead Trainer (Current Employee), Yorktown, VAJanuary 15, 2013
Overall a good place to work, seems to be going through some changes at a higher level.
Good place to work. Exciting place to advance
Center Store Manager (Current Employee), West Lebanon, NHJanuary 13, 2013
Enjoyed my time with the company, but I needed a change for personal reasons.
Awesome Company
Customer Item Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEDecember 20, 2012
Delhaize/Hannaford is a great company for work/life balance.

The best part of the company are the learning experiences and how they care about family and community.

The worst is, Delhaize is in a time of change right now. Things are unstable and need improvement in the technology field.
productive and cool place to work
Category Stabilization Team Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, MaineNovember 23, 2012
Pros: wonderful people working hard to do the right thing
Cons: a lot of structural changes over the past 10 years, morale is currently low, low confidence in long-term stability
Overall, great place to work. Good experience and I have learned a lot over the years. Very much enjoyed the people and values of this company.
Overal organization trying to find it's place in the market. Great people and work/life balance.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: healthcare, competitive salary
Delhaize America is a great company to work for. A typical day at work includes interacting with co-workers, building your network, as well as being very productive in your job. Managment has a clear focus most of the time on the direction of the company and the goals at hand.
Provides Challenging and Hands on work
District Lead Trainer / Deli Sales Manager (Current Employee), Pilot Mountain, NCSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: little opportunity for career advancement
A typical work day consists of over-seeing daily operations of my deli. I also send emails and pertinent information out to the District, and troubleshoot any questions or problems that any other managers are having. I work in the other 11 stores whenever needed to train new employees, oversee inventories, help with any merchandising and department – more... resets. My co-workers are great, friendly and real team players. I enjoy working with my team. The hardest part of my job is helping keep all 12 stores organized and profitable, and still devote the time I need to in my own store. It is a challenge which I have met very well. My store is one of the top 10 stores in the region on a regular basis.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my satisfied customers and the relationships I have built with each of them over the years. – less
A company with plenty of work to do
Payroll Associate (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: flex hours and paid time off
Cons: healthcare
Hours are flex for most associates in the corporate office meaning you are able to work around anything that my come up easily. I have learned great customer service skills through my entire employment. Management is normally fair when it comes to the distribution of job duties however co-workers are sometimes difficult to handle.
Productive and stable workplace.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Disputanta, VAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: conveniently located near my house
Cons: hours of work
Production driven workplace with occasional happy moments. The hardest part of the job is the climate. It is cold in the winter and hot in the summer.The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits and the safety lunches.

About Delhaize America

Belgian food retailer Delhaize "Le Lion" has one big cub -- Delhaize America. With some 1,625 supermarkets and discount grocery – Read more