Delhaize America

Delhaize America Employer Reviews

Great company to work with.
Accounting Administrator II (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCFebruary 13, 2013
Great company learned a lot from management. Good benefits and wonderful people to work with. The company has an exceptional working environment.
Specialist (Former Employee), North EastFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: some what unorganized.
Company going through restructuring. Many changes to previous culture and management. People you work with are hard working and dedicated.
A good to gain Experience
Store Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 5, 2013
Typical retail enviorment. long hours, being pulled multiple direction daily. Good management that understand what we go through in the stores.
work enviornment
Floater (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: reasonable break times
Cons: no overtime, no appreciation
working here wasnt too bad. the pay wasnt very good specially if you were cross trained in other areas. the younger workers are overally social with each other and that takes away from making customers feel welcome and want to come back. the only bonuses you get are on the anniversary of your hire date, and every 6 months you get 6 extra hours on a – more... paycheck. new employess dont get very many training hours. most management doesnt make you feel valued when you do something that benifits the store. – less
Good place to work to utilize all my skills.
COMPETITIVE MARKET ANALYST (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJanuary 30, 2013
Excellent team environment. Normal day was very fast-paced monitering margins and resolving retail issues on a daily basis.
A good place to work
Asst. Store Mgr/District Lead Trainer (Current Employee), Yorktown, VAJanuary 15, 2013
Overall a good place to work, seems to be going through some changes at a higher level.
Good place to work. Exciting place to advance
Center Store Manager (Current Employee), West Lebanon, NHJanuary 13, 2013
Enjoyed my time with the company, but I needed a change for personal reasons.
Awesome Company
Customer Item Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEDecember 20, 2012
Delhaize/Hannaford is a great company for work/life balance.

The best part of the company are the learning experiences and how they care about family and community.

The worst is, Delhaize is in a time of change right now. Things are unstable and need improvement in the technology field.
productive and cool place to work
Category Stabilization Team Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, MaineNovember 23, 2012
Pros: wonderful people working hard to do the right thing
Cons: a lot of structural changes over the past 10 years, morale is currently low, low confidence in long-term stability
Overall, great place to work. Good experience and I have learned a lot over the years. Very much enjoyed the people and values of this company.
Overal organization trying to find it's place in the market. Great people and work/life balance.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: healthcare, competitive salary
Delhaize America is a great company to work for. A typical day at work includes interacting with co-workers, building your network, as well as being very productive in your job. Managment has a clear focus most of the time on the direction of the company and the goals at hand.
Provides Challenging and Hands on work
District Lead Trainer / Deli Sales Manager (Current Employee), Pilot Mountain, NCSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: little opportunity for career advancement
A typical work day consists of over-seeing daily operations of my deli. I also send emails and pertinent information out to the District, and troubleshoot any questions or problems that any other managers are having. I work in the other 11 stores whenever needed to train new employees, oversee inventories, help with any merchandising and department – more... resets. My co-workers are great, friendly and real team players. I enjoy working with my team. The hardest part of my job is helping keep all 12 stores organized and profitable, and still devote the time I need to in my own store. It is a challenge which I have met very well. My store is one of the top 10 stores in the region on a regular basis.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my satisfied customers and the relationships I have built with each of them over the years. – less
A company with plenty of work to do
Payroll Associate (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: flex hours and paid time off
Cons: healthcare
Hours are flex for most associates in the corporate office meaning you are able to work around anything that my come up easily. I have learned great customer service skills through my entire employment. Management is normally fair when it comes to the distribution of job duties however co-workers are sometimes difficult to handle.
Productive and stable workplace.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Disputanta, VAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: conveniently located near my house
Cons: hours of work
Production driven workplace with occasional happy moments. The hardest part of the job is the climate. It is cold in the winter and hot in the summer.The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits and the safety lunches.
grocery store
Store Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaJuly 9, 2012
Traditional grocery store: building neighborhood sales, very detailed culture focussed on standard practice execution.
extremely fast paced corporate environment
Principle Network Engineer (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 13, 2012
extremely fast paced corporate environment, learned alot from being able to work with many different technologies, management has become high pressure, enjoy working with co-workers,
Job Security is about the only good thing that I think this company has had to offer in the last year or two for me.
Specialty Merchandiser Associate (Current Employee), Wake Forest, NCJune 13, 2012
Pros: i love my customers!
Cons: no raise in the last year and they aren't promissing me one this year, no incentive to work, bonus has been taken away.
I have been employed with this company for the last eight and a half years and seem to be going no where. I have held many positions but now I am stuck in a position that is causing me to dislike my job. I am only averaging around 25 -30 hours per week and as a full-time employee I think that is just crazy.
It is a job
Information Security Risk and Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 9, 2012
Pros: teleworking, great co-worker
Cons: organizational structure
I enjoy those that I work with. It is a typical corporate job.
Good learning culture.
Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, MaineMarch 26, 2012
Pros: global presence
Cons: growth opportunities
Good learning organization and focus on development. Global presence with opportunities up and down the east cost of US and internationally. Longevity in roles means limited growth opportunities.
Great work environment
Scan Analyst/ Retail Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee), Hendersonville, Tn 37075January 22, 2012
Dedicated 10 years to Food Lion/ Delhaize America. I would love to continue working there, however they are closing the store.
• 7 years of experience in routing, switching, firewall technologies, systems design, and administration and troubleshooting
network operations security (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEApril 24, 2013
Maintain responsibility for the network Operations; configuration, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and firewall; Operation support and designing the NPL as requirement and Providing Security solutions, remote access VPNs

About Delhaize America

Belgian food retailer Delhaize "Le Lion" has one big cub -- Delhaize America. With some 1,625 supermarkets and discount grocery – Read more