Delhaize America

Delhaize America Employee Reviews

Great company and is always thinking of new and innovative ways of doing business
Grocery Receiving Supervisor/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VAMay 12, 2013
Worked with great staff and associates. I learned about how being on the front lines of changing the mindset, culture of a company. Strong leadership, safety and accountability were the key components. The hardest part of the job was being prepared for 10% not buying in to the changes. The most enjoyable was the 10% being a part of you leadership team and watching there careers blossom
Pros
great assocites
Cons
compensation
A company with plenty of work to do
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 3, 2012
Hours are flex for most associates in the corporate office meaning you are able to work around anything that my come up easily. I have learned great customer service skills through my entire employment. Management is normally fair when it comes to the distribution of job duties however co-workers are sometimes difficult to handle.
Pros
flex hours and paid time off
Cons
healthcare
Call Center
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 25, 2013
This is a very stressful work environment. Reps can take anywhere from 30 to 70 inbound calls a day which can range from products questions and concerns to poor treatment at a store. There are a select few associates whom pull their weight and make it a great work environment and others whom make it hard to work as a team.
Pros
off on the weekends
Cons
customer complaints, too much organizational change, poor management
Delhaize is a worker friendly company. They believe in simplicity in standard practices.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Clementon, NJNovember 29, 2014
I have only worked for Delhaize America for three years. Unfortunately they are moving out of the discount grocery business so my position is being eliminated. That being said, I do think that they are an employee friendly company. They believe in keeping things simple and in developing a light hearted atmosphere. Like any corporation, they also believe in a very high level of accountability.
Overal organization trying to find it's place in the market. Great people and work/life balance.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 8, 2012
Delhaize America is a great company to work for. A typical day at work includes interacting with co-workers, building your network, as well as being very productive in your job. Managment has a clear focus most of the time on the direction of the company and the goals at hand.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
healthcare, competitive salary
Great company with wonderful employees
ASST. CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 27, 2014
i enjoy working for delhaize america , i worked at their Sweetbay grocery store and it allowed me to meet some great people and earn some skills such as accounting that i'd never plan on learning. The schedule isn't consistent which is tough at times but i enjoyed the friendly environment that i worked in.
I LOVE MY JOB
Quality Assurance/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVFebruary 18, 2013
I REALLY ENJOY MY JOB AT FOODLION. I JUST NEED SOMETHING WITH BETTER WAGES

I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM MY MANAGER SHE TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE AN EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE. SHE WORKED WITH ME THREW MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE IN THE RETAIL ENVIRONMENT AS THIS WAS MY FIRST JOB
Pros
good employees. excellent values. simple. quality. price
Cons
wages
productive and cool place to work
Category Stabilization Team Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MaineNovember 23, 2012
Overall, great place to work. Good experience and I have learned a lot over the years. Very much enjoyed the people and values of this company.
Pros
wonderful people working hard to do the right thing
Cons
a lot of structural changes over the past 10 years, morale is currently low, low confidence in long-term stability
loved working with stores and teaching them newly corporate initiuatives and implementing new strategies
Corporate Regional Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 7, 2015
I have worked in retail for 18yrs. I really was able to earn my way into positions quite easily key positions. work/home balance was good. was able to work with stores and community to expand the delhaize culture.
Pros
customer service, training
nice
Regional Shelf Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2014
I worked independently with my team on a daily basis. Clear and concise communication was extremely important via emails, conference calls or direct calling since I was "in the field". I enjoy working independently with my team.
Hard part was miscommunication or incorrect info.

I really enjoyed my teammates and fostered an environment of appreciation and pride.
Everything is Outsourced - IT
IT (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 1, 2015
Most of IT is outsourced. Disorganization, incompetence, and inconsistency are daily traits. Management has no idea which way to go and will try to cut cost/pinch pennies on every project. Departments don't collaborate with each other.

The pay is mediocre, but the 401k is very good compared to other companies.
Pros
401k
Cons
Outsourcing, Management, Instability
One of the Best places I have ever worked
marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  nashville gaSeptember 2, 2015
Hated to see it go from a family owned company to a publicly traded company. Long term employees that were like family and new leadership did not recognize the importance of those employees to maintain the success of the brand.
Pros
GREAT people and GREAT leadership
Cons
owned by Bi-Lo holding
A very rewarding place to work for the past 10 years.
Lead Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCAugust 7, 2015
I was given the opportunity to relocated 2 years ago when the FL office was sold. I was able to achieve my goal to move into a office supervision position. However, there was a conflict of interest. I chose to resign because my significant other had more tenure.
Fun fast paced place to work, many different departments to work in.
Price and Promotional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 1, 2013
Very busy fast paced atmosphere, I spent my days analysing spreadsheets, looking at competitor data, and maintaining retails to meet margin targets. Raised and lowered retails daily to meet market demands.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
my particular position could be boring sometimes.
good company to work for
Director of Construction, Design, Retail Projects (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 25, 2015
A solid company with new leadership and strategy. In the early stages of a merger with Ahold. competitive pay including incentives. If you like a fast pace, and constant challenges, this is the place for you.
Pros
great executive leadership team
Cons
terrible IT infrastucture
People are OK; management is volatile
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 21, 2015
constant reorganization, very little room for advancement, inconsistent expectations, unclear roles and responsibilities

schedules are flexible, work from home opportunities when needed, benefits are on par with other companies in the area, salaries are competitive
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
little job security
Friendly Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 2, 2015
This company is a delight to work for, however I require more hours to work. The employees are kind to each other as well as the customers. They are very flexible with the hours that you can and can not work due to school or another job.
Awesome Company
Customer Item Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEDecember 20, 2012
Delhaize/Hannaford is a great company for work/life balance.

The best part of the company are the learning experiences and how they care about family and community.

The worst is, Delhaize is in a time of change right now. Things are unstable and need improvement in the technology field.
Productive and well balanced plant.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stokesdale, NCFebruary 23, 2014
Many of my co-workers were always willing to help the new girl/guy, and were a joy to be around. There was always a good joke or advice to keep the mood light.
Pros
time management
Cons
lack of communication
• 7 years of experience in routing, switching, firewall technologies, systems design, and administration and troubleshooting
network operations security (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 24, 2013
Maintain responsibility for the network Operations; configuration, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and firewall; Operation support and designing the NPL as requirement and Providing Security solutions, remote access VPNs