Deli Express Employee Reviews in United States

QA/Line Lead
QA (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 29, 2016
-writing data on paper and computer
-controlling people as a lead
-learning my SAFETY rules
-learn quick
-fast hand on movement
Pros
hoilday party, break on your own
Cons
short break, short raise
It was a good place to work, nice family owned company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 31, 2016
Lots of hours to accomplish all they wanted you to do. It was a nice company to work for. They seemed to like their employees and there was a lot of respect shown both to upper management and from upper management to regular employees
Work ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 1, 2016
Not enough help. Problems with vendors. No support from upper management. Company not really busy, and closed after a couple of years of ownership.
Pros
management
Cons
help
Deli Express Experience
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 7, 2016
The job is relaxing and can be difficult sometime.
I've learned how to wrap sandwiches within seconds.
My co-workers are respectful and very talkative.
The hardest part of the job was the fast pace where you have to wrap the sandwiches as fast as you could so you wouldn't mess up the line.
I enjoy making friends and i am prioritize in work.
Pros
All you can eat buffet sandwiches (free)
Cons
Short breaks
Not bad
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 24, 2015
Hard work. Made me more skilled and improved my work ethic. Co-workers were interesting and for the most part cool. Pay started coming late and there was some drama sometimes. Not a terrible job as far as the actual work.
Pros
Free lunches, simple work
Cons
Late pay, drama
Kitchen Assistant where I performed a variety of food prepartion
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcus, TXApril 15, 2015
I worked 3 hour shifts preparing food and preparing deliveries for the Brown School Treatment Center located in Texas. I learned it is important to work as a team player and have open communication skills while portraying good listening skills. The hardest part of my job was walking deliveries to locations with a bad ankle. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the food with co-workers who were nice, friendly, and positive.
Pros
positive environemnt, team effort, communicated to others
Cons
3 hour shifts, temporary
Slow to change, unexperienced management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 1, 2015
Most co-workers were very easy going, hard working and easy to work with. Some of the upper management needed more experience, you shouldn't become management just because you have been there a long time. You need to know what you are doing.
Owner very involved with the company but needs to be more involved on how employees are being treated.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
great job
Route Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Company car drove 200 miles a day and gas card when gas was $4 a gallon
Pros
on my own
Cons
getting laid off
route delivery driver (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvNovember 9, 2014
Job says 10 hour nights but its always 11 or more no time for a lunch break and the trucks are over 26000 pounds frequently which is illegal if you only have a nevada class c licence (all they require)
Cons
long hours expensive healthcare
This company only cares about making a profit, NOT THE EMPLOYEES
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2014
I worked there almost one year. Increased the sales on the route, was in the top 25 NATIONWIDE. But the current management did not care if I had to work 14+ hours a day. Just that I should get the deliveries and money made for the company.

Like someone said in another review, the company talks the talk but does not walk the walk when it comes to making sure their employees are being treated right.

I would go in at 4am daily and bust my tail to make sure the job was done properly. And what did I get for all my hard work? They told me my route was being relocated to another city! But now they are hiring a Route Sales Rep in the same town I worked???

Like I was saying, the company acts like they worry about their employees. But, did not worry about what happens to them...even their top notch employees. All they care about is the company's profit margin.

So, unless it does not bother you about working for a business that does not care about their employees then by all means go ahead and apply for a job here. But I advise any and everybody to stay away from this company.

The pay is not good enough. By comparison, Frito Lay's base/starting salary is $45,000/yr compared to their starting pay.

STAY AWAY FROM DELI EXPRESS!
Pros
got one free sandwich/pastrie a day if i wanted one.
Cons
the cons are all listed in my review.
Ice cold warehouse with no advancement
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 16, 2014
i liked my job but there was no where to go and 24 hours a week wasn't helping me
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 14, 2014
very great company and management if your looking for advancement
not a job to make a good living on
route salesman (Former Employee) –  south dakotaApril 2, 2014
Long hours working always in - 25 degree plus pay wasn't that good.Was way to hard to get sales numbers up, also had to take a lot of work home after 12 hour days, company needs to get up to pace with service, phone,computers. No direction from managers.
Cons
long hours, low pay, very cold
Really good company
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 6, 2014
Picked orders utilizing an electric pallet jack.

Built orders specifically to customers’ request.

Staged and issued orders for delivery.
long hours, poor management, bad pay
ACS lead (Current Employee) –  hopkins mnFebruary 6, 2014
horrible company to work for with no room for advancement. favoritism of certain employees and harassment of others. company is expanding too fast without the knowledge of how to go from a small family owned business to a large corporate company.
Workplace does not have respect for their employees
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 17, 2014
I would say a typical day is tiring at work, as the amount of work given and less people to help on lines. I've learned that working at Deli express is not a great place to work as the employees are mistreated due to lack of English spoken there. Especially the Human Resources team does not pay attention or care about what their employees have to say. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. A lot of gossiping and unappropriated words in the workplace that management ignore. I do not enjoy anything about this job. As an employee, being disrespected, ignored, wrong actions taken, makes it a very bad place anyone would want to work in. I believe that they need new employees that can make a difference in this workplace and who enjoys their position.
Pros
nothing exciting
Cons
not a safe or respectful workplace
its was a great place to work
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 13, 2014
i enjoyed making sandwiches it was a fun job plus i got to eat for free .
Pros
i had really great benifits
Cons
not to many things i have bad to say about this company
Sales Equipment Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 17, 2013
The owners of this company are very good people. They have a good "small business attitude." But, some of the management are very poor. Dishonest, petty, inclined to judge people not on their work, but on personal issues. A shame, because the ownership seems to have such a good attitude. People falsely accused of things. and terminated for personal reasons. Very poor lower management.
Pros
honorable ownership
Cons
poor, petty, dishonest lower management.
Productive cold environment
Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 6, 2013
Putting on a hair net and ear protectors, washing hands for 20 seconds, putting on gown then gloves, apron and washing hands again for 20 seconds. Look at schedule for positions and making sure you do the best you can. My co-workers are very helpful no one stays behind or left out. The hardest part will have to be a position called blade, its a difficult and most delicate part, because the product has to be cut perfectly so it can look neat and ready.
Pros
great co-workers, free lunch, free coffee, 3 breaks
Cons
cold place
Freezing
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 8, 2013
Worked from 5am to 2pm. Worked has a forklift operator. Worked in the freezer about 7-8hrs of the day. Good group of people to work with. A lot of rules to follow which was great thing. Kept the works in hand and under control.
Pros
insurance, pay, benefits
Cons
job security

2.7