Deli Express

Deli Express Employer Reviews

route delivery driver (Former Employee), las vegas nvNovember 9, 2014
Cons: long hours expensive healthcare
Job says 10 hour nights but its always 11 or more no time for a lunch break and the trucks are over 26000 pounds frequently which is illegal if you only have a nevada class c licence (all they require)
This company only cares about making a profit, NOT THE EMPLOYEES
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: got one free sandwich/pastrie a day if i wanted one.
Cons: the cons are all listed in my review.
I worked there almost one year. Increased the sales on the route, was in the top 25 NATIONWIDE. But the current management did not care if I had to work 14+ hours a day. Just that I should get the deliveries and money made for the company.

Like someone said in another review, the company talks the talk but does not walk the walk when it comes to making – more... sure their employees are being treated right.

I would go in at 4am daily and bust my tail to make sure the job was done properly. And what did I get for all my hard work? They told me my route was being relocated to another city! But now they are hiring a Route Sales Rep in the same town I worked???

Like I was saying, the company acts like they worry about their employees. But, did not worry about what happens to them...even their top notch employees. All they care about is the company's profit margin.

So, unless it does not bother you about working for a business that does not care about their employees then by all means go ahead and apply for a job here. But I advise any and everybody to stay away from this company.

The pay is not good enough. By comparison, Frito Lay's base/starting salary is $45,000/yr compared to their starting pay.

STAY AWAY FROM DELI EXPRESS! – less
Ice cold warehouse with no advancement
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: no advancement
i liked my job but there was no where to go and 24 hours a week wasn't helping me
Productive and fun
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 14, 2014
very great company and management if your looking for advancement
not a job to make a good living on
route salesman (Former Employee), south dakotaApril 2, 2014
Cons: long hours, low pay, very cold
Long hours working always in - 25 degree plus pay wasn't that good.Was way to hard to get sales numbers up, also had to take a lot of work home after 12 hour days, company needs to get up to pace with service, phone,computers. No direction from managers.
Really good company
Order Picker (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 6, 2014
Picked orders utilizing an electric pallet jack.

Built orders specifically to customers’ request.

Staged and issued orders for delivery.
long hours, poor management, bad pay
ACS lead (Current Employee), hopkins mnFebruary 6, 2014
horrible company to work for with no room for advancement. favoritism of certain employees and harassment of others. company is expanding too fast without the knowledge of how to go from a small family owned business to a large corporate company.
Workplace does not have respect for their employees
Production Worker (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: nothing exciting
Cons: not a safe or respectful workplace
I would say a typical day is tiring at work, as the amount of work given and less people to help on lines. I've learned that working at Deli express is not a great place to work as the employees are mistreated due to lack of English spoken there. Especially the Human Resources team does not pay attention or care about what their employees have to say. – more... They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. A lot of gossiping and unappropriated words in the workplace that management ignore. I do not enjoy anything about this job. As an employee, being disrespected, ignored, wrong actions taken, makes it a very bad place anyone would want to work in. I believe that they need new employees that can make a difference in this workplace and who enjoys their position. – less
its was a great place to work
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: i had really great benifits
Cons: not to many things i have bad to say about this company
i enjoyed making sandwiches it was a fun job plus i got to eat for free .
Sales Equipment Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 17, 2013
Pros: honorable ownership
Cons: poor, petty, dishonest lower management.
The owners of this company are very good people. They have a good "small business attitude." But, some of the management are very poor. Dishonest, petty, inclined to judge people not on their work, but on personal issues. A shame, because the ownership seems to have such a good attitude. People falsely accused of things. and terminated for personal – more... reasons. Very poor lower management. – less
Productive cold environment
Line Assembler (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, free lunch, free coffee, 3 breaks
Cons: cold place
Putting on a hair net and ear protectors, washing hands for 20 seconds, putting on gown then gloves, apron and washing hands again for 20 seconds. Look at schedule for positions and making sure you do the best you can. My co-workers are very helpful no one stays behind or left out. The hardest part will have to be a position called blade, its a difficult – more... and most delicate part, because the product has to be cut perfectly so it can look neat and ready. – less
unorganized
Sales Equipment Representative/ Technician (Former Employee), eden prairie, mn, 55346July 9, 2012
this company lacked leadership and organizational skillls
Overall good place to work,wish i was still there.
Sales (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 25, 2012
Pros: great job
Cons: when the chips were down they didnt care.
Was a great job,then i had a meltdown and company
didn't help with resolving it.i tried to get help, but had to go out of
system to get as soon as possible.No reembercment .
Long days, but had freedom to progress and expand
sales routes.

About Deli Express

E.A. Sween Company was founded in 1955 and is the proud parent company for the Deli Express® Brand. The company’s – Read more