Deli Express Employee Reviews

You are a number
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2017
Start work at 5:30 a.m end at 5:30-7:00 p.m. Then whenever you get home you have to log in on your computer and do safety quizzes that take another hour. Very tiring because it is all about speed. I can understand why there are so many accidents on the road. Management could care less because they aren't even within 100 miles of you. The culture was all about conformity. Don't ever mention how things could be done differently because they will yell at you for that. The only enjoyable part of the job was zoning out to the radio playing in the cab while driving to and from customer accounts.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no time for breaks
Very nice
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Deli Express, I had a great fun team. We all got trained together, we all got along and we helped each other, we laughed. When I quit my co-workers tried talking me into staying.my supervisor, I am blank on his name, but he worked with us on the line. He made our job to be successful, we all liked and enjoyed our work, that makes a very big difference.
Pros
Job and team members/supervisor enjoyable
Cons
Transportation
Informational and Fun
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 24, 2017
What I enjoy about working at deli express is I learn something new everyday and i also increase my speeds on what every station that i'm working at.!
It's a great workplace to meet different cultures
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work would be; going through a process of cleaning, and then going to a line, and changing every 30 mins. I learned from this job that work efficiently will help you work better. Also, if you learn how to use both hands, then you will have an easy pay check. The management could be a little better in organization, but otherwise they're nice people.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
Cons
Break times
Fun work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 15, 2017
Assembly line work. Making and packaging food products. Good fun environment. It's just the point system if you miss days you lose points and you only have 7 points for how very long you work there. That's what I didn't like.
Fast paced
Assembler/Meat & Cheese skinner (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 17, 2017
Honestly loved this job. Very fast paced and simple. Everyone had their own position set each morning. It was a different job everyday. Although it was tiring and repetitive it was very easy to catch on and keep up. Great co-workers who are always willing to help out the new employees. The only thing I would have to say negatively about Deli is that they under pay the QAs. They have so much responsibility and stress to deal with everyday that is well worth higher pay than what they get.
Pros
Free food everyday in the break room.
Cons
Points System is unfriendly to single moms.
nice work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 20, 2016
Laid-back environment, opportunity to advance position in the company. Supervisors are helpful when problems occur and offer support. The supervisors also care deeply about their employees.
Pros
work environment and work ethic are awesome.
Cons
Overnights are hectic
QA/Line Lead
QA (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 29, 2016
-writing data on paper and computer
-controlling people as a lead
-learning my SAFETY rules
-learn quick
-fast hand on movement
Pros
hoilday party, break on your own
Cons
short break, short raise
It was a good place to work, nice family owned company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 31, 2016
Lots of hours to accomplish all they wanted you to do. It was a nice company to work for. They seemed to like their employees and there was a lot of respect shown both to upper management and from upper management to regular employees
Work ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 1, 2016
Not enough help. Problems with vendors. No support from upper management. Company not really busy, and closed after a couple of years of ownership.
Pros
management
Cons
help
Deli Express Experience
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 7, 2016
The job is relaxing and can be difficult sometime.
I've learned how to wrap sandwiches within seconds.
My co-workers are respectful and very talkative.
The hardest part of the job was the fast pace where you have to wrap the sandwiches as fast as you could so you wouldn't mess up the line.
I enjoy making friends and i am prioritize in work.
Pros
All you can eat buffet sandwiches (free)
Cons
Short breaks
Not bad
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 24, 2015
Hard work. Made me more skilled and improved my work ethic. Co-workers were interesting and for the most part cool. Pay started coming late and there was some drama sometimes. Not a terrible job as far as the actual work.
Pros
Free lunches, simple work
Cons
Late pay, drama
Kitchen Assistant where I performed a variety of food prepartion
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcus, TXApril 15, 2015
I worked 3 hour shifts preparing food and preparing deliveries for the Brown School Treatment Center located in Texas. I learned it is important to work as a team player and have open communication skills while portraying good listening skills. The hardest part of my job was walking deliveries to locations with a bad ankle. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the food with co-workers who were nice, friendly, and positive.
Pros
positive environemnt, team effort, communicated to others
Cons
3 hour shifts, temporary
Slow to change, unexperienced management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 1, 2015
Most co-workers were very easy going, hard working and easy to work with. Some of the upper management needed more experience, you shouldn't become management just because you have been there a long time. You need to know what you are doing.
Owner very involved with the company but needs to be more involved on how employees are being treated.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
great job
Route Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Company car drove 200 miles a day and gas card when gas was $4 a gallon
Pros
on my own
Cons
Getting laid off
route delivery driver (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvNovember 9, 2014
Job says 10 hour nights but its always 11 or more no time for a lunch break and the trucks are over 26000 pounds frequently which is illegal if you only have a nevada class c licence (all they require)
Cons
long hours expensive healthcare
This company only cares about making a profit, NOT THE EMPLOYEES
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2014
I worked there almost one year. Increased the sales on the route, was in the top 25 NATIONWIDE. But the current management did not care if I had to work 14+ hours a day. Just that I should get the deliveries and money made for the company.

Like someone said in another review, the company talks the talk but does not walk the walk when it comes to making sure their employees are being treated right.

I would go in at 4am daily and bust my tail to make sure the job was done properly. And what did I get for all my hard work? They told me my route was being relocated to another city! But now they are hiring a Route Sales Rep in the same town I worked???

Like I was saying, the company acts like they worry about their employees. But, did not worry about what happens to them...even their top notch employees. All they care about is the company's profit margin.

So, unless it does not bother you about working for a business that does not care about their employees then by all means go ahead and apply for a job here. But I advise any and everybody to stay away from this company.

The pay is not good enough. By comparison, Frito Lay's base/starting salary is $45,000/yr compared to their starting pay.

STAY AWAY FROM DELI EXPRESS!
Pros
Got one free sandwich/pastrie a day if I wanted one.
Cons
The cons are all listed in my review.
Ice cold warehouse with no advancement
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 16, 2014
i liked my job but there was no where to go and 24 hours a week wasn't helping me
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
no advancement
not a job to make a good living on
route salesman (Former Employee) –  south dakotaApril 2, 2014
Long hours working always in - 25 degree plus pay wasn't that good.Was way to hard to get sales numbers up, also had to take a lot of work home after 12 hour days, company needs to get up to pace with service, phone,computers. No direction from managers.
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, very cold
Really good company
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 6, 2014
Picked orders utilizing an electric pallet jack.

Built orders specifically to customers’ request.

Staged and issued orders for delivery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deli Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7